• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Australians, New Horizons and Corona Virus

Rymi1

Bells
Hi Aussies, Just want to know if stores will still be open on Friday to get the game while the Corona epidemic is playing on our country. My brother said to me that there will be (could be?) a 14 day lockdown for everyone in Australia and stores will shut down tomorrow or Friday, I don't know if this is true or not and I'm just freaking out about not getting the game on release date :( Ive heard that there is a level 4 travel ban, but does anyone know if this is going to be a thing?

Last edited:
Every country is pretty much at risk of one. My province just entered a state of emergency this morning. Could lead to closure of stores if its put to a higher level.

Not sure where you live (I'm in Sydney), but I'll just share what I know of; stores at this point are only closing due to them feeling as if they should/need to, and the government hasn't said anything about a lockdown for everyone, but there was a fake message spreading around saying that there would be one. https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...down-warning-message-on-social-media-c-750265

I wouldn't worry too much, I'm not sure about the travel ban though c:

Last edited:
Not sure where you live (I'm in Sydney), but I'll just share what I know of:

- Stores at this point are only closing due to them feeling as if they should/need to.

- The government hasn't said anything about a lockdown for everyone, but there was a fake message spreading around saying that there would be one. https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/heal...down-warning-message-on-social-media-c-750265

I wouldn't worry too much, I'm not sure about the travel ban though c:

I live south of Adelaide (SA) and it's good that that message is fake. Also Scott Morrison has said ban on indoor gatherings of 100 people or more and i think 500 or more for outdoors. Still hope it's still ok to go to the store to quickly pick the game up, I have preordered mine from Jb Hi-Fi and they haven't announced closing stores yet.

Last edited:
nope eb game states that
"due to government restrictions regarding the cancellation of events over 500 people, the launch event for Animal Crossing: New Horizons will not be continuing at eb games (location) this thursday night. Animal Crossing will available to pick-up at (location) eb games from 7am Friday.
you can pick it up on friday!

Last edited:
My mate at JB Hi-Fi said stores will definitely be open up until the end of this week in Sydney at least, unless the government imposes something, which I highly doubt since they don’t even want to close schools lol, so I wouldn’t be too worried.

If you’re really that anxious, Amazon AU has it for $73 with same day shipping (which is what I opted for since I won’t have time on Friday to pick it up), but there’s no preorder bonus sadly.

Thanks guys for the info, it has definitely made me more reassured that I will be able to pick up the game on Friday :)

Stay safe everyone! I hope you're able to get your games on time <3

I've had my copy pre-ordered from EB Games since the 12th of Feb. But, I may have to double dip and buy the digital copy. The remaining money was taken out of my bank account yesterday but the order still hasn't shipped. I'm ok with playing the game late given the circumstances & probably won't purchase the digital copy as I really want the pre-order bonus...but, it's still tempting.

My mate at JB Hi-Fi said stores will definitely be open up until the end of this week in Sydney at least, unless the government imposes something, which I highly doubt since they don’t even want to close schools lol, so I wouldn’t be too worried.

If you’re really that anxious, Amazon AU has it for $73 with same day shipping (which is what I opted for since I won’t have time on Friday to pick it up), but there’s no preorder bonus sadly.

Does your mate know if JB-HI-FI is planning on maybe releasing it a day early for us ;)

After reading these forums earlier today I got worried about the same thing. I called the EB Games in my town and they said that the store won’t be closed on Friday (and they’re not doing a midnight release)

I hope that other stores will stay open too. I’m pretty confident that it should be fine. :)

my eb games rep said everything was good for pick up on friday morning, opening the doors at 8am, im very excited to get my game

nope eb game states that
"due to government restrictions regarding the cancellation of events over 500 people, the launch event for Animal Crossing: New Horizons will not be continuing at eb games (location) this thursday night. Animal Crossing will available to pick-up at (location) eb games from 7am Friday.
you can pick it up on friday!

He said he's picking it up from JB and going in the morning to get it lol but okay

By the looks of it my order states that it's been posted even though I didn't get the email alert. Fingers crossed it arrives on release date. Hoping everyone gets their copy safety and as soon as possible.

Back