• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Mafia August 2021 Mafia Game- Town Win!

i'm not saying i'm not here & actively reading the thread, i actually have some comments i'd like to make, i just meant actual reads because i hate them and they always feel like a chore, i like just.. talking. so you kind of misinterpreted my post

and yes, i do think that there is mafia in amongst the blooming vote, i think it's only logical, i'm never going to be sure about anything because it's the type of player i am but they seemed just so genuine, and also a new player that seemed like an easy target. sheep villager admitted they don't feel strongly, sussed someone else more strongly (koopa) and were somehow not surprised they were town? that's not really helpful, if you weren't surprised then why couldn't you have shared that

i don't see a world in where volt is mafia since they could have saved themselves tho so that's nice
Post automatically merged:

the armadillo death is super weird because mafia could have easily framed them due to the last minute vote on volt right? that could have created a lot of pointless conversation throughout the day they could have worked with, i wonder what that's about

maybe mafia want us to think it's inexperienced people, that'd make sense kind of, i don't see why else they would have been killed, they probably want to frame someone, i'm just not sure who. there's so many more players that'd make sense to kill

actually never mind, i'm being stupid with the volt comment lol, they would have saved themselves either way but armadillo only voted with like 5 minutes to go so they probably wouldn't have had a chance to

If you don't do chores you can't clean up the scum. :p

To anyone potentially new as mafia here, me saying scum is not me calling you scum as a person, it's just a 'youre the bad guy' term often used and I wanted to make that joke.

ANYWAYS I think there could be mafia in any vote yesterday except maybe one I am turning around on (Volt voting Tessa). Tessa and Koopa's votes on b100 both felt like convenient progressions for sure but I keep it as a small part of their whole picture. The same can be said for anyone following me on Volt if their reason was questionable. I still find Ace's reasoning a touch questionable.

I'll have to reread Sheep's progression there I just hate to because they're my only townread atm, hold me to it in a bit if I don't come back around on addressing it.

Don't think Volt should be written off on not being around to vote at all but there's a little part of me that wants to take the easy road and agree with you about it maybe for today.

Idk why you find the Armadillo kill weird on that logic, why set up a complicated frame when someone pretty clearly gave a lot of power role tells. Full stop I really thought Armadillo was a case of newbie with a PR due to some of those posts. Probably doesn't help people feel less stressed about me being that 'experienced sniper' narrative but I wouldn't escape that narrative regardless *shrug*

Again I say at this point reiterate there's no potential 2 member team who would be incapable of trying to snipe out someone who was giving some very obvious PR tells, cause AFAIK Koopa and Sheep are the only first timers but Sheep has observed many games. Anyone who uses the kill alone to argue for a person being mafia is either really lazy town or a wolf who doesn't want to focus on any behavior/progression/cumulative reads.

i said i still sus tessa in this very post,,, I won't tunnel her. where did Koopa come from though? You say you were expecting for someone so say it, but what regards? like, it was an easy take to have? i dont get it what's your point

Koopa voted b100 too. I figured since you were looking at Tessa you'd be looking at people voting with her because if you are trying to solve the game you're also looking for potential partnerships. I was also initially being vague about waiting to see if anyone else noticed how Koopa voted with Tessa twice but meh.

im also one to not make vanity votes when the wagons are tied, but I find quite awkward when people explain their votes. but just a mental note. anyhow, why koopa? if you explained sorry ill read back

I will let Sheep answer for themselves but I was under the impression Sheep was compromising on Volt. I think I wasn't ready to d1 eliminate Koopa just yet at the time because of information. I'm still gonna have to add Sheep to the sanity check re-evaluation list.

Idk if it's too soon but I am giving some slight townlean to move in that she decided to let it rand because she was genuinely not feeling informed enough and today she...I don't like the simplicity of the approaches she is taking because that kinda stuff often leads to a misfire but tbh sometimes it does hit and it feels like she is trying to solve the game for herself.

Townlean to mog*

Last edited:
I have nothing to add, I still think it can be Volt, game is super light and everyone is getting away with the bare minimum imo. So I might stick to that.

The experience players thing is tiring for me, because it doesn't mean one experience player is mafia, or maybe two are, roles are rand, so there is that.

Normally I would be sussing Geoni by now, but he has been really chill, so I don't feel Geoni is mafia, also he is controlling the thread yes, but they were uncontested for the role, so I'm okay with it.

Back to Volt, yeah I get why using meta from another game is not ideal, but from my POV I can't ignore it since it happened last week, closes thing here I have to compare it to, is the Dethy but meh.

I dislike the I want to be on the same team as Koopa comment, because it clouds judgement, I don't think Volt would bus Tessa like that, so I think they are w/v if one is wolf.

Koopa is just there, I like the EoD because they decided to act on their own, but they could have been coached to do that.

Sheep idk they were part of wagon, but out of the 3 I think is the less likely, but not by a bunch, no actually I trust Tessa more, because of D1 trying to get to me, since we were mafia buddies a while back.

Mog can be null, but not voting during a tie is eek

Geoni
Tessa
Sheep
Mog
Koopa
Volt

I think this is my read list

Sorry I haven't been posting, was busy. So now that bl00ming and armadillo are now dead, let's now think about who it could be. Honestly I don't have any idea as of yet, but if anyone has someone who they think is mafia, nows the time to talk

Are you having trouble keeping up? Because you are probably at risk if being that default elimination everyone will end up gravitating to in 14 or so hours because I haven't seen anyone else speak as strongly towards another player being a wolf right now outside of you.

Try reading the current page let us know who you think is posting townie stuff or suspicious stuff. If you actually are town and not just trying to slide by, you're going to be another b100-esque misfire.

geoni do you not think the blooming vote was mafia? i noticed you town read 2/3? so you think koopa is the mastermind then? i just don't see how you can feel that was a town vote imo

Kinda addressed this in my other reply to you but it's part of the larger equation. If I am being honest it has to run deeper, I think there were a large amount of potentially sketchy votes between b100 and Volt if it's t/t. From what you have been posting I assume you are questioning Tessa and should logically be looking at her partner being a non-voter or Volt voter? So idk why you are taking such a simplified approach if you think Koopa is town. I digress I think you get my point and I am already being bulky.

Last edited:
The experience players thing is tiring for me, because it doesn't mean one experience player is mafia, or maybe two are, roles are rand, so there is that.
I brought it on the first place because I think a more experience player would be the one to catch on armadillo's softing cop

Back to Volt, yeah I get why using meta from another game is not ideal, but from my POV I can't ignore it since it happened last week, closes thing here I have to compare it to, is the Dethy but meh.

I dislike the I want to be on the same team as Koopa comment, because it clouds judgement, I don't think Volt would bus Tessa like that, so I think they are w/v if one is wolf.
ace i was bussing my teammate on d1 last game make up your mind 🤣

the power play being you eating a hat or koopa being mafia?😂

also why do we think the b100m vote is mafia? i guess i don't really have a reason to explain myself, i just thought she was the best vote. now, looking at koopa's previous actions yesterday, i see why i was wrong.(oml i really should start rereading posts before joining a vote wagon) i wish i was there for end of day 😭🤚

If you were around at EoD would you have votedswitched? Sorry if you already said you did and I forgot.

Koopa voted b100 too. I figured since you were looking at Tessa you'd be looking at people voting with her because if you are trying to solve the game you're also looking for potential partnerships. I was also initially being vague about waiting to see if anyone else noticed how Koopa voted with Tessa twice but meh.
got ya. honestly didnt catch on that because I'm not reading this game very carefully. i feel like if koopa / tessa were a team, tessa maybe would coach koopa a little better than this, then even so I don't feel comfortable on sussing both. but something something wine amirite

There's a post about it before EOD, a pretty long one. Mainly boils down to not enjoying how he kept swapping votes based on other people, sometimes even conflicting himself mid post.

I am literally about to go crash so forgive me but my brain is not keeping up here in regards to what you mean. Feel free to explain it to me like I'm 5 years old so I can see it tomorrow when I wake up and feel really dumb. 👍

All that said I am going to go pass out now, I'm sorry to any NA people for my difficult awake patterns.
If you have anything you want me to respond to just ping me and I'll get back to it when I'm awake.

Not much I have to say about this post other than I will assume mog will clarify herself and this comes off as Sheep simply trying to understand where someone is coming from, kinda NAI unless sheep turns around and uses it again mov for being confusing.

If you were around at EoD would you have votedswitched? Sorry if you already said you did and I forgot.
No, I don't think I would've. Even though B100m was town I was still suspicious of her actions. I still have yet to understand the Volt vote, could someone quickly explain why we're still against them?

lmaoo it's probably me that's dumb, i'm EU too so i feel u. i just meant that i think it's odd that you were not surprised that bloom was town considering you voted for her and seemed to have more suspicions on other people (like koopa) but i guess i didn't see you explaining that no one else seemed to share those view points, it probably would have been worth pushing though imo if you thought bloom would be town? unless i'm misunderstanding what u said. it's just one of the first comments after dan revealed her role was u weren't surprised idk. anyways, good night !!!

im not saying its completely mafia, but i rlllllly think someone has got to be in there. just seemed too easy. i think most exp players would be able to tell she was just noob town? altho im saying that with the benefit of hindsight and i also did nothing so who am i to talk

Idk if I have too much to say here either other than it matches the approach I found townie from mog earlier and she's also simply trying to clarify communication with another player.

Also, can someone explain why volt is against tessa? I tried to follow it as much as I could, but I need someone to explain it better so we can make a good choice

No, I don't think I would've. Even though B100m was town I was still suspicious of her actions. I still have yet to understand the Volt vote, could someone quickly explain why we're still against them?

I felt better info could have been pulled from Volt's flip at the time and didn't have much confidence at all about b100 being a wolf. And Volt's vagueness and bland helpfulness was concerning me. Skipping to this even though I am reacting to all recent posts because I wanna say that I am not feeling quite as bad about Volt as I was earlier but it's only like a small upward movement. Like from yellow to gray in my tier.

hehe ty is it clear already that im very lost in this game

yeah I would suggest to have me not voting as NAI bc regardless of alignment i was just miles away from being able to post even before my wagon started

Why say this and not take the free townread from mog here tbh?

Okay to start I'm sad that koopa would be mafia cause I wanna be on the same team with him.

I'm not directly going at you or other experienced players because I don't have enough evidence to really make a solid argument. And if we're being honest with ourselves, you could easily turn town against me (hypothetically if you are mafia) because of the trust you built while trying to lead the game. Volt is thinking I'm mafia already so if I try to push on the experienced player vote it could easily backfire.

Also sorry if stuff is weird I'm in a car so my wifi is spotty 😭

But when you say stuff like that and put it into the thread there was an intent behind it and that's what I am questioning, because it really does give me the vibes of paranoia reinforcement about experienced players when you don't seem to genuinely gain any insight or assurance from any experienced player's alignment for yourself. I have hit a wolf basing a case for elimination on kind of behavior. Why shouldn't I turn around and lead against you?

You shouldn't keep liking posts Tessa post merges hit after the like and it's suddenly an attack on you. :p

Don't let my :p confuse you though I am 100% serious.

Also, can someone explain why volt is against tessa? I tried to follow it as much as I could, but I need someone to explain it better so we can make a good choice

Volt said Tessa's posts sounded ingenuine/fabricated kinda early day 1 and stuck with voting on it up until EoD. As she's explained irl kept her from a change but that's what Volt has said against Tessa and it remains kinda gut for her.

Last edited:
I have nothing to add, I still think it can be Volt, game is super light and everyone is getting away with the bare minimum imo. So I might stick to that.

Normally I would be sussing Geoni by now, but he has been really chill, so I don't feel Geoni is mafia, also he is controlling the thread yes, but they were uncontested for the role, so I'm okay with it.

Koopa is just there, I like the EoD because they decided to act on their own, but they could have been coached to do that.

Sheep idk they were part of wagon, but out of the 3 I think is the less likely, but not by a bunch, no actually I trust Tessa more, because of D1 trying to get to me, since we were mafia buddies a while back.

Mog can be null, but not voting during a tie is eek

Geoni
Tessa
Sheep
Mog
Koopa
Volt

I think this is my read list

People are doing a little bit better than bare minimum ATP so I don't want you to get away with it yourself. A lot of this post still leans on your day 1 stances such as finding Tessa towny because she was searching for a familiar face. Tbh I do think there's some merit to a micro read like that one but eh.

If anything I am not a fan of you placating me just because leadership is uncontested. What if I am juggernauting a light game as a wolf? Where is your day 2 Geoni death tunnel?

On the note you made on Mog here, I don't think it's eeek at all that mog didn't break the tie unless Volt turns out to be a wolf, then it was potentially hoping that in letting it rand her partner is saved. But atm I get the vibe that mog just didn't want to make a tie breaking situation without evaluating Volt first. Thaaat being said I almost forgot didn't you make a silly defense of b100 being too ballsy to be mad for voting me @mogyay

I do agree Volt/Tessa are not teamed, I can definitely see them in different worlds.

Volt/Mog or Volt/Koopa seem like the most sensible build unless you or Sheep were feeling especially ballsy to leave your partner's fate to rand on day 1 just for the sake of it.

Tessa has a lot more builds that feel possible should Tessa be a wolf. Tessa/Sheep Tessa/Ace Tessa/Koopa Tessa/Mog in order of likelihood should Tessa be a wolf. Mog has said everything but, "I suspect you" to Tessa given Mog townread Koopa, finds the b100 voters sus, and Tessa is the only other living b100 voter.

Sheep doesn't necessarily feel teamed with either Volt or to a lesser degree Koopa. All other combos could be possible.

Mog doesn't feel teamed with Ace or Tessa atm.

Koopa could be teamed with most but I struggle to team Koopa with Tessa or Sheep given their treatment of him.

got ya. honestly didnt catch on that because I'm not reading this game very carefully. i feel like if koopa / tessa were a team, tessa maybe would coach koopa a little better than this, then even so I don't feel comfortable on sussing both. but something something wine amirite

Yeah it's not wine lol.

How am I chill rn Ace and what chillness in my posts equates to my towniness for you?

Last edited:
Why say this and not take the free townread from mog here tbh?
i dont like being towread for the wrong reasons lol why do you think that's worth pointing out?

On the note you made on Mog here, I don't think it's eeek at all that mog didn't break the tie unless Volt turns out to be a wolf, then it was potentially hoping that in letting it rand her partner is saved. But atm I get the vibe that mog just didn't want to make a tie breaking situation without evaluating Volt first. Thaaat being said I almost forgot didn't you make a silly defense of b100 being too ballsy to be mad for voting me
nvm got it. u are a good player geoni 😌

@Ace Marvel what about my posting is chill and why does 'chill' equate to me being town? Has there been any moment at all this game when you have looked at something I said and said to yourself, "There's no way this post couldn't come from wolf Geoni." Especially considering my wolf range is incredible, if I can be cocky and say so myself. Especially considering you reinforced a Volt wagon that I led using that meta while having seemingly no paranoia about me. Wouldn't it be safe to assume that wolf you would have liked to get town Volt out of the picture while keeping the contentious b100ming alive into d2 and I have a right to question your sheer lack of paranoia about me?

Okay to start I'm sad that koopa would be mafia cause I wanna be on the same team with him.

I'm not directly going at you or other experienced players because I don't have enough evidence to really make a solid argument. And if we're being honest with ourselves, you could easily turn town against me (hypothetically if you are mafia) because of the trust you built while trying to lead the game. Volt is thinking I'm mafia already so if I try to push on the experienced player vote it could easily backfire.

Also sorry if stuff is weird I'm in a car so my wifi is spotty 😭
I couldn't lead town or power wolf for the life of me 🤣

i dont like being towread for the wrong reasons lol why do you think that's worth pointing out?

nvm got it. u are a good player geoni 😌

I'm garbage as town tbh. Or if I want to be fair to myself, compost.

also why do we think the b100m vote is mafia? i guess i don't really have a reason to explain myself, i just thought she was the best vote. now, looking at koopa's previous actions yesterday, i see why i was wrong.(oml i really should start rereading posts before joining a vote wagon) i wish i was there for end of day 😭🤚
if wolf, got have the balls to say this. this is quite the so-wolfy-it's-town post

Also I don't think Ace has ever been wolf when I'm town so I can see him falling back on placating me/keeping me off his radar. Having a :unsure: moment for sure.

if wolf, got have the balls to say this. this is quite the so-wolfy-it's-town post

Who would you vote right now?

Last edited:
shhh dont say that *puts you in my pocket*

It's just that...

its-been84years-its-been-a-long-time.gif

I want a Volt/Ace thunderdome. Much spicier than a Volt/Tessa or Volt/Koopa thunderdome. As much as I still don't find Koopa all that townie but I think if he actually is a wolf he'd really flounder by himself given he's currently saying he can't keep up. If it does end up being a Koopa/someone Thunderdome who should the other be?

Sheep, Mogyay

Tessa, Volt, Koopa

Ace

Last edited:
Back