• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Ask AC:NL Questions here! (Please read before posting here or making a new thread!)

All of the bridges are the same size. Unfortunately, for some reason the game requires there to be a lot of open space around the bridge for you to be able to build it, but once you have built it, you can put PWPs nearby. You'll have to demolish the lighthouse, build the bridge, and then build the lighthouse again.

Dang. Thanks for the reply :)

So let's say that you were playing your game today, and a villager asked you if they should move or not. You then either say that he/she should move or not move, and that villager will either not stay or stay in your town. Then, you save and exit the game, and go back to the title screen. Then, you go back into your file and tt to 6 months later or something, in one jump. Will there still be a chance that a villager has already moved during the time period you tt, or no? And will there still be a chance of a villager that already moved if it were the same situation, but you tt backwards for a long period in one jump?

Is there ANY way to get rid of the bingo card once you have it? I got one by mistake despite not wanting one and there is no way to rid myself of it by dropping or putting it in my locker.

Last edited:
Is there ANY way to get rid of the bingo card once you have it? I got one by mistake despite not wanting one and there is no way to rid myself of it by dropping or putting it in my locker.

TT backward one day. Otherwise you have complete it or wait for it to expire if you don't want to TT.

Do you know when it expires or how long it'll take to complete?

It expires February 16th (when the snow disappears) so you'd have to wait a while. For completing the bingo card, it depends on how many people you can find with your numbers. If you try to complete it without visiting other people's towns, it will take a week or two. You can check the snowman bingo number thread on this site and try to get people to let you in their towns to get their numbers to complete the bingo card faster.

It expires February 16th (when the snow disappears) so you'd have to wait a while. For completing the bingo card, it depends on how many people you can find with your numbers. If you try to complete it without visiting other people's towns, it will take a week or two. You can check the snowman bingo number thread on this site and try to get people to let you in their towns to get their numbers to complete the bingo card faster.

Feb 16th ughhh. Somehow I knew it could be forever. I didn't want the card in the first place, I got it by mistake when I asked the snowman the rules of the game and he just gave me a card. ughhhh

Can villagers ping to move out during the fishing tourney? I'm assuming no, but I wanted to verify!

Can villagers ping to move out during the fishing tourney? I'm assuming no, but I wanted to verify!

Not during the tourney itself, no, but they can do so once the tourney is over, so it's probably a good idea to check your game after 6 PM.

[EDIT]You'll have to do the ceremony first, though, before they ping.

Last edited:
Not during the tourney itself, no, but they can do so once the tourney is over, so it's probably a good idea to check your game after 6 PM.

[EDIT]You'll have to do the ceremony first, though, before they ping.

Thank you Libra! I will try after tonight after the ceremony! c:

I adopted a villager from another town and today I chatted with him and mentioned "I met so-and-so, he is such an individual!"...now, I didn't recognize the Mayor's name or town and I haven't had anyone come meet my villagers - could he be referring to someone he met while in his previous town?

Last edited:
I know a lot of the dirt spots you have on your map at the start of your game are permanent, but are there any ways to kind of get rid of them? For example, building a pwp on top, tearing it down, then covering the area with flowers/trees and watering it? Does that method work is it actually totally impossible to get rid of those spots?

Normally I don't mind them so much, but they just look -terrible- in the winter as these huge brown patches with the snow.

I know a lot of the dirt spots you have on your map at the start of your game are permanent, but are there any ways to kind of get rid of them? For example, building a pwp on top, tearing it down, then covering the area with flowers/trees and watering it? Does that method work is it actually totally impossible to get rid of those spots?

Normally I don't mind them so much, but they just look -terrible- in the winter as these huge brown patches with the snow.

As far as i know they will be dirt only forever unless you make use of cheat codes of course.

I'm not sure if anyone here knows the exact answer to this question, but I may as well ask it to see if anyone knows this. I know that if you place a character's house close enough to the ocean, you can hear the ocean inside the house. I'm just wondering exactly how close does the house have to be to hear the ocean inside? Is there a certain space limit from the ocean or does it have to be on an acre with ocean on it? If it has to do with the acre, how much of the house has to be on the acre? The whole house, the center of the house, or just part of the house? I'm just curious since when I decide to start a new town, I'd like to put my house near the ocean where I can hear the waves inside, but I don't want to put the house right next to the cliff.

I adopted a villager from another town and today I chatted with him and mentioned "I met so-and-so, he is such an individual!"...now, I didn't recognize the Mayor's name or town and I haven't had anyone come meet my villagers - could he be referring to someone he met while in his previous town?

Maybe they met them in a dream?

Cherry is right now asking to buy an item from me that has a custom design on it. A custom design meaning a gold leaf item in my pockets. If I say yes, will she actually take it? What will happen to it? Will it be displayed in her house?

Most likely, I know I've adopted a villager who mentioned someone's name I'd never heard before either. I'm not sure, though, just how many people they can remember.

Cherry is right now asking to buy an item from me that has a custom design on it. A custom design meaning a gold leaf item in my pockets. If I say yes, will she actually take it? What will happen to it? Will it be displayed in her house?

Yep, it will display in their house. I've given villagers furniture that I've customized before and they put it in their houses.

Back