• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Are you open about playing Animal Crossing or ashamed?

I really don't mind. If one of my friends asks me what I'm doing I just say I'm playing animal crossing, I laugh at myself, it's all good.

I'm pretty casual and open about it. I mean I'm not hurting anyone by playing Animal Crossing, so I don't really feel like I should have to hide that I like it. I openly talk about it all the time. It's probably obnoxious how much I talk about it. I've recruited two friends into playing it and I just think it's so wonderful and that everyone should at least give it a chance. Sometimes I'll be in public and just pull out my 3DS and play a little bit if I'm waiting for something or someone.

People are ashamed of playing Animal Crossing...? This is news to me! I've been playing every title since the first game, and no one's ever said an unkind word to me. I do get a lot of "oh that silly Faery and their silly animal games like Neopets and Animal Crossing" but never anything malicious, only good-hearted jabs from friends.

In this day and age you'll most likely get picked on if you don't play COD or GTA

Last edited:
definitely open about it!! I love getting people into it, playing with my friends and helping them out! 'w`
I don't really see a reason to be ashamed of playing a game centered around interacting with your friends, or... being ashamed of anything you like, really. lol. if someone has something to say about your interests that isn't positive then they aren't worth your time.

I don't really have any secrets about my video game life. If someone doesn't like that/what I play, they don't have to associate with me. I'm not going to stop doing something or talking about things i like because people think it's uncool.
Also, I think a lot of older people play AC too. It's easy to get into, it's cute and it gives you a place to chill out. What's not to like?

I've never felt ashamed about my interests, no matter how 'childish' and 'silly' they may seem to other people. They're just not worth my time if they're going to take the mickey outta my personal preferences in gaming. :)

Last edited:
I'm open about it, although most people where I live(Rogersville, Alabama) are older and just don't understand playing video games in general. Lol

I'm as open as I can be about it. Never felt ashamed for playing something I love so much. No one should. Each person has something they love to play, so why not be open about the fact that you play AC? I didn't really think people would make fun of another person for playing AC to be honest as I feel like practically everyone can enjoy it in some way.

I may be a straight man living in a highly Conservative area... but Animal Crossing is truly the most manly game I've ever played. Think about the wars, the revolts, and even the oppression that Tortimer brought to your town before you took it over. Isabelle, while your gone, taxes the crap out of all of your villager until they have nothing... Thats why they beg you for things the next day, or give you things in hope of less taxes.

So yes... I am open about playing Animal Crossing, and most of the things I just said are only halfway true. Isabelle is to nice to tax the villagers, but what I said about Tortimer is more than likely true.

Last edited:
I am open about my love of ACNL, but it gets complicated when you try to explain the game to other people on different forums. It is like they just understand the mentality of a game like Skyrim or Mass Effect better than ACNL for some reason.

I don't hide the fact that I play AC. Its very common for me to play it on my first fifteen and sometimes lunch. Most of my coworkers don't seem to care that I'm playing video games.

I don't hide it, but I don't exactly go around shouting about it either. >.>

I couldn't care less what people think. If I like playing, it's not hurting them. I wouldn't worry about it :)

Last edited:
I don't have close friends who play Animal Crossing, or games in general so I've never really bothered to say I play Animal Crossing to anyone, I'm not ashamed of it because its a great game like many others. If people feel like "bulling" me for it, they are going no where because I never acknowledge bullies. So they waste their time on me. No one should be ashamed of what they enjoy to do, your happiness not theirs. :3

It's pretty much like any other hobby, I'm really into cute things still even though I'm 18 now but it's not like I'm ashamed. Some other gamers think playing stuff like animal crossing doesn't make you a "real gamer" but who cares you know lol

Back