• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Are you open about playing Animal Crossing or ashamed?

I'm 55 so don't really tell many people as they few I have think I'm crazy, they think I should be knitting or baking or something lol

Everyone knows I play. Actually my boyfriend and a few of my friends play which makes it even more fun :) But at my university there are a group of guys that are video game snobs, and they always make rude comments. But besides those guys I find that a lot of people are curious, and most of the time ask questions about the game which I dont mind. Im happy to tell others about the game as long as they arent being rude about it :)

I'm 55 so don't really tell many people as they few I have think I'm crazy, they think I should be knitting or baking or something lol

Even though Im young (21) I find baking and Crocheting fun when Im not playing Animal Crossing! I have family friends and friends on another Animal Crossing focused website who range from ages 29-60 who have been playing since Population Growing :)

I'm 24 and I love Animal Crossing. I'm open about playing video games. If people don't like it, that's their problem, haha.

Yeah most of my friends in college all play on their 3ds or had a version of Animal Crossing in the past.

I am open about it. It's an awesome game and there's nothing to be ashamed about playing this. Simulation games relax me and de-stress me, unlike other types of games. My boyfriend and I play together and I think I convinced one of my guy friends to play too.

Animal Crossing is for all ages!

theyre insecure, like every other person you will meet in your life.

you're not alone though, i have seen a lot of people take out their insecurities on me, and it's just their problem, if you like itand don't care about what they think, you are very mature. they still need to grow up..

i dont care if im one of the best in my grade heck if i want to water flowers with a pixelated wolf then ILL DO IT.
i dont think its weird for others to see me playing it because to some, im technically a kid (im 14.)
also my older brother is REALLY into games and my mom has always said im just like him.

I mostly play PS3 games, so I don't really think about saying "Animal Crossing" however, I wouldn't deny it if someone asked me. It's not like I'm trying to hide it.

Not really. The way I see it, I'm creating a town like I would create a painting, drawing, or other craft so it isn't childish. Besides, I think it provides more creative thinking than a violent game or a repetitive one.

I'm always open about the games I play--there's nothing to be ashamed about. People who make fun of others for liking a certain type of game are just immature and shouldn't be taken seriously.

Same. It's just a game and it's something fun to do to pass time. :lemon:

im very open to telling people. uwu especially because most of my friends play anyways, and my boyfriend is a total nintendo freak and he's really the reason i stopped being ashamed about bringing my 3ds to school and playing at robotics/art club/ av club/ and when teachers aren't around for some reason or another.

i think that if people judge your tastes for video games they're just being jerks, it's fun to play animal crossing (and other nintendo games included), and if they cant see that, then they're idiots. who cares what other people think. uwu

I'm very open about it.Especially since I'm desperate to find another playing buddy.(No offense,Nanobyte.)

I am comfortable enough with my masculinity to admit to anyone that I play AC. It's a good game, I don't care what they say. If they played it, they'd agree with me.

I am very open about it. I love Animal Crossing. Sure, I turn 25 next month, but Animal Crossing is a great way to relax and escape from my adult duties.

None of my friends play video games (or only play shooters and stuff for PS3 and such), so it doesn't come up much. I've gotten razzed about it before but most people think of the games I play as for kids, so whatever.

I wouldn't say I'm super open about it, because I feel like most people I know don't really understand? They have no interest in video games. My Dad will often ask me, oh what are you playing? I'll reply with Animal Crossing, Pok?mon, Zelda, whatever. And all I get is a blank stare because he has no clue what I am talking about.

Which is fine. I enjoy playing/collecting games so that's all that matters.

I'm pretty open about playing any video game in general ( I am kind of a tomboy though.) A acquaintance of mine has Animal Crossing for the Wii and we have a little inside joke about Tom Nook. My best friend and I are always playing video games when we meet up outside of school at his house, usually Mario Kart or Pokemon. I also take my 3DS to school and close it, but leave the wireless signal on. I'll get a few streetpasses here and there in school.
I've been into video games since I was 4, and it will probably something I'll like many years in the future too.

Last edited:
Back