• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

Anyone Else Notice this since the Last Update?

I just checked my museum and no one there. Gonna check it more often now to see if its true

I hope this is a glitch given the museum visits added some life to the museum and they also had tons of unique dialogue depending on where the villager was and what they were looking at.

Will be kind of a bummer if they removed this on purpose as it makes the villagers even more lifeless. The dialogue in NH is already a hot topic and I imagine removing villager interactions like this isn't going to help.

Haven't visited the museum since the patch as I've been on a somewhat hiatus from NH due to other games releasing recently.​

I've noticed this too. I've not been able to find a villager anywhere, and I always check the museum last, but they won't be in there... then I'll go into Able's or somewhere and they'll appear there, even though they weren't there the first time?!

If villagers have stopped appearing in the museum, while at the same time becoming unusually difficult to find on our islands, I wonder if we're getting a bug where they actually ARE registered as being in the museum, but we just can't see them?
I like this theory since I've been noticing times where my villagers are nowhere at all a lot.

One other thing I did notice is that the update seems to have significantly improved villager pathing since the most recent time I went island hopping, I would find villagers all over the island whereas before I would only ever see them in a small area around their campfire. I wonder if, when playing with the pathing mechanics, they broke the museum.

I like this theory since I've been noticing times where my villagers are nowhere at all a lot.

One other thing I did notice is that the update seems to have significantly improved villager pathing since the most recent time I went island hopping, I would find villagers all over the island whereas before I would only ever see them in a small area around their campfire. I wonder if, when playing with the pathing mechanics, they broke the museum.

I noticed the same thing on mystery islands! They walk all over, even onto the beach.

and just noticed tonight that I could not find two of my villagers anywhere I think generally I just let that go, and figure I will talk to them later or the next day but this time I searched hard! And they really weren't anywhere - not visiting anyone, or wandering or anything and I went and searched the museum and no sign of them (though I did get to catch a round of beetle fight club)

I agree that the theory they are in the museum but not seems to make sense, and I hope it is corrected in soon. It is disconcerting having them poof out of existence.

As a framed photo grinder, I hate not being able to find villagers and dread searching the museum. If it gets too tough to find them, I log out and back in to reset them, which usually works. This is my first AC game so never used the megaphone, but getting hold of them via Nook Phone would be cool.

I'll be honest and say I haven't bothered going into my museum in a long time. When I do play, I just do the daily chores and sometimes don't even bother to do that. If this is true, it makes me wonder if they're supposed to be in the museum when they can't be found outside, but the game screwed up with the coding and they're stuck in limbo.

This also made me realize when I was scrolling through the history of the game's updates and each update version had to fix a patch from the previous one because there was a glitch or problem that they carried over or created with the newest update.

i actually haven't checked, there were normally one or two villagers that were always in there. although i guess in a way it'd be a relief which means i don't have to go to hell's end to find them lol

i didn't notice it until i read it here but i remember thinking i was happy lately it's easier to find all my villagers XD

I've also noticed this recently. The other day I looked all over my island for Maggie for ages (trying to get her photo, needed to gift her). I ran all over, checked all stores, nothing. Ran through the entire museum, still nothing. Logged out and back in and it was the same. After another log out and back in, her lights were on and I gifted her at home. She had to have been in the museum but invisible. I don't have many trees. There's no way I missed her outside. Lionel did the same thing recently. It seems like every day there's at least 1 villager I just can't find without restarting the game a couple times to make them spawn at home.

If villagers have stopped appearing in the museum, while at the same time becoming unusually difficult to find on our islands, I wonder if we're getting a bug where they actually ARE registered as being in the museum, but we just can't see them?
That's my worry too!
It's an easy workaround to just save and reopen the game, but it is still semi-annoying that some of my villagers are potentially just lost in the matrix when I get on naturally. Hopefully it gets patched!

Also someone told me that the only way to tell if your villager is inside the Museum is to look at Blathers. He is asleep during the day time, but he wakes up when a villager is at the Museum. I am not sure how that works, but it does.

I never noticed this. Thanks for the tip!

I haven't seen any of my villagers in there either....I'm not sure how to feel about that. I really liked the stuff they'd say in there but also it's time consuming to go find them in there when I need to. With the continuous updates I'm sure Nintendo will fix/change it if they notice it.

I bet it was probably a glitch where villagers couldn't get out the museum. Once, Judy spent the entire day in there (before the 1.90 update) and I bet the probably took it out for a reason like that.

I've had trouble with Sheldon, been 2-3 nights over the last couple weeks I could not find the little guy at all. Julian was MIA the one night as well alongside him. I even ran through the museum twice the one night looking for him.

I'm glad this is actually a thing because I thought I was just being lazy...I've also noticed (only as of late) that there's occasions where I can't find a certain villager...so much like everyone else I check the museum and they're not in there either.

On the flip side...I'm finding villagers inside other villagers houses much more frequently than I usually did.

Back