• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Anyone Else Gender-Confused?

Not so much in New Leaf but back when I was playing GC. Before I figured out that blue name tag = boy and pink name tag = girl I thought Claude was a girl.

I thought Beau was female. He does look quite feminine come to think about it.

I still have one question... IS PIETRO MALE OR FEMALE?

I was/still am confused about Gracie's gender (If npc characters can be included). Most of the times I can pick out wether villagers are boys or girls. o;

Nope, never had this problem.

Villagers have coloured name tags and a different pitch in voice for a reason.

I have however confused a villager's personality type before, several times.

I was/still am confused about Gracie's gender (If npc characters can be included). Most of the times I can pick out wether villagers are boys or girls. o;

Gracie is male in the Japanese versions of the games.

Gabi confused me for like a month, but I`m pretty sure now its a he. :)

Gabi confused me for like a month, but I`m pretty sure now its a he. :)

Gabi's a she. :p

I almost forgot, Bluebear confused me back in GC. I never really talked to her since she was in my friend's town and not my own. It took me until City Folk to realize she was a peppy character since I never met her in Wild World and didn't look up the villagers on the internet then.

Like someone else said, Twiggy does NOT seem like a girl. Ee. The only way I could tell she was was when she came into my town and her name was in pink.

Last edited:
I thought Pate was a guy. Now, unless it is REALLY obvious, I wait until they speak or somehow otherwise indicate their gender. For the few villagers I have had experience with, I've mistaken almost half of them. Well, not the pink ape in my campsite one time, but others!

When I first had Agent S as one of my original five I thought she was a boy until I realised you could slightly see her face underneath her visor and she looked female

In regards to non-villagers, what gender do you think Saharah is? For me personally I see Saharah as a male

I've always figured Saharan for a female, but I've never really thought about it. Don't the other villagers refer to Saharah as "she" and "her" though?

Chops. Came off as a flamboyant, prissy girl. Ended up being a dude.
Canberra. Very rough and kind of crazy. Had a Jock-like feel. Ended up being a girl.
Syndey. Talked about getting out and catching all the fish and bugs, thought it was a Smug/Jock. Ended up being a girl.

Edit: Also, Tangy. It wasn't until I spoke to her that I realized she was female.
Bob also looked female to me until I spoke to him. Eurgh. That voice.

I don't know what to think anymore.

Last edited:
Also, the blue and pink name tags have always been around? I didn't notice them in the past games :/

I thought this topic was going to be something else at first... maybe I need to get off of Tumblr.
I can't remember any time I mistook a villager for the wrong gender. I've never had "out there" villagers, though. I always get simple ones. Bob, Biskit, Tabby, Lobo, Anchovy, Scoot, Derwin, Apollo, Whitney, etc.

Back