• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details!

Animal Crossing Mobile game announced

I'd missed this as well, sound interesting even though New Leaf is my first game I' am kind of hoping they release some info on the next main title soon. I'll definitely give the the app a try when it's out though.

I'd also missed this (but yeah, I do live under a rock...). I hope it's a utility of some sort rather than a game, I'm not really a massive fan of smartphone games but apps that go alongside games can be great. Someone put the fantasy into my head of social networking within your AC town, it would be AMAZING if you caould get status updates from villagers ("Thinking of moving on, anyone know any good towns?", "Loving the new stone henge!" Etc etc!) along with whatever else anyone can dream up. No I don't think this is happening, I'm literally just fantasising, the ability to buy/unlock rare items, purchase in game bells, even villagers... all sounds much more realistic.

I wonder if it will be a spin off or an actual game :( micro transactions will be awful for AC.

Nooo!!!!! There's so much the game would be lacking and it just wouldn't be fun for me. Like previously mentioned, 3d circular movement on a smartphone is gonna be kinda weird. And plus, I just don't really like mobile games. I would rather there be a main series real Animal Crossing game.

on an off-topic note, what is it with nintendo releasing big things on april fools? in 2015 lucas was confirm and now in 2016 their first (as far as I'm concerned) mobile game came out.

I hope it isn't just a social media app.

I think that you will get to choose a villager to do activities that will be like fishing and fossil hunting.

I hope it isn't just a social media app.

I think that you will get to choose a villager to do activities that will be like fishing and fossil hunting.

mm, I think with a released Miitomo, would Nintendo release another similar social app? I think the chances are slim because it would jeopardise Miitomo's "popularity".

I don't think it is a full fledged game, just a spin-off. I think Nintendo's holding off a mainstream AC for the NX. I think this mobile app would be something like: there's a town, you build this and that, talk to others, but all these things take time. And you would like have to return and click on it to receive coins or something and then continue. Something like Snoopy Town or Fallout Shelter. I think AC mobile app would be suited to that.

Oh please don't do something like AC Candy Crush... oh please no. They did a similar thing with Mario Puzzles and Dragons. That worked out well, I guess. But then again, it was a full version on a console not mobile. Mobile apps certainly has its limitations.

I also really hope that in-game purchases aren't taken to the extreme if they are present at all. :(

Nintendo of America just tweeted that an Animal Crossing-related app is in development for smartphones!

Oh, thanks for letting me know about this!

Last edited:
With apps I find there isn't as much to do on them and an actual video game, so I give up on them easily. But we'll see.

Buy your favorite villagers for 1$!

Buy 1 million bells for a 1$!
5 million bells for 3$!

Oh, boy I can't wait!

My thoughts, exactly.
It's time they do the next 3DS animal crossing game, but they are hungry for money so that's why we'll have the phone app instead. :(

Like some of you already said, I think the app will be a spinoff of AC. I just hope there won't be any in app purchases though. I rather pay for the app rather than it being free with microtransactions. Tbh IAP consumes more money.

I detest games with "in-app purchases". They will probably have to add that in or how else will they make money off it?
Anyway I am not excited for it.

Back