• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Town Win!)

policy chop that you admitted that could be just a vt
nope, I read unravel (past tense) as mafia, but I stated I have read unravel as mafia in the past where it turned out she was vt. I'm not saying I think she is, just that I could be wrong and I was agreeing with radical6 about that
Post automatically merged:

It’s pretty sudden how Ribbit in the last few minutes has gone from hard townreading Trundle to now putting Trundle/unravel on a team together
Last game ribbit made a mistake as mafia and panicked incredibly hard. I can't tell if that is happening here or not but it would make sense. But I'm gonna keep reading and see if they made a case for me or not.

Letting go of Betsy; I think realistically that the wolves box for me rn is within mog/TN4U/unravel/radical with maybe one of Betsy/Trundle suckering me. Probably one of the less talktive/inactives as well but I can only comment on that so much. I don't trust Betsy as much as other people seem to do so but I think I'm just basing this off vibes rather than substance.

I'm willing to let bygones be bygones for a bit btw, it's possible I'm doubling down for the sake of it at this point. Is Trundle really the path though? I personally can't see him as red.
is mog there just bc shes mogging
idk if she explained why the last second vote on ribbit but it's been on my mind

nope, I read unravel (past tense) as mafia, but I stated I have read unravel as mafia in the past where it turned out she was vt. I'm not saying I think she is, just that I could be wrong and I was agreeing with radical6 about that

Last game ribbit made a mistake as mafia and panicked incredibly hard. I can't tell if that is happening here or not but it would make sense. But I'm gonna keep reading and see if they made a case for me or not.
yeah whatever ill admit that i mixed up with what you said abt mog

Letting go of Betsy; I think realistically that the wolves box for me rn is within mog/TN4U/unravel/radical with maybe one of Betsy/Trundle suckering me. Probably one of the less talktive/inactives as well but I can only comment on that so much. I don't trust Betsy as much as other people seem to do so but I think I'm just basing this off vibes rather than substance.

I'm willing to let bygones be bygones for a bit btw, it's possible I'm doubling down for the sake of it at this point. Is Trundle really the path though? I personally can't see him as red.
as for an inactive i would put in the maf slot i would go dinosaur, as she has mostly only commented on the point of her vote without talking abouy anyone else but me and zinnia. and like frosty said i am starting to wonder if there were mafs blatantly on my bw. out of those four i am most curious about mog for reasons similar to my reasons on unravel, but i would rather hit a wolf today for sure and she is pretty towny in content. i also thing you talked about her the least so are you the same as me in just questioning the pushback yesterday?

im gonna be honest i only skimmed in my iso of trundle i promised. let me go over it again and get back to you, ignoring my other points.

where did i make a mistake?

i mean in this game ofc

Not sure if I missed this somewhere but do we have a reason/explanation for why mog flipped Zinnia to Ribbit last minute?

random thought but dinosaurs reasoning for their vote made shiny look much more town in contrast. idk what that says abt dinosaur themself tho

trundle fossed me yesterday kind of out of nowhere:
It was actually Dolby's posts that convinced me. I had townread you initially but, as far as I remember, I had not had enough confidence to actually state so in the threa.

why the sudden freak out
The tension was building at EOD: as the votes on Zinnia approached 7, and the two votes from mog and Yoshi last minute happened, it was incredibly obvious to me that mafia were on this wagon. There was no resistance, nobody defending Zinnia (who in my mind was an obvious noob town, idc what people say). Let's not forget that my post that you quoted was about INFORMATION from flips. I am still glad Zinnia flipped because 1) obviously they were unhelpful in thread and 2) everyone was hung up and hyperfocused on them. It was a distraction gone, and people pushing it so hard now have that negative mark on their D1.

If you read back through my D1 posts you'll see I talk about Zinnia as little as possible - I made that read incredibly early and stuck to it.

It was actually Dolby's posts that convinced me. I had townread you initially but, as far as I remember, I had not had enough confidence to actually state so in the threa.

The tension was building at EOD: as the votes on Zinnia approached 7, and the two votes from mog and Yoshi last minute happened, it was incredibly obvious to me that mafia were on this wagon. There was no resistance, nobody defending Zinnia (who in my mind was an obvious noob town, idc what people say). Let's not forget that my post that you quoted was about INFORMATION from flips. I am still glad Zinnia flipped because 1) obviously they were unhelpful in thread and 2) everyone was hung up and hyperfocused on them. It was a distraction gone, and people pushing it so hard now have that negative mark on their D1.

If you read back through my D1 posts you'll see I talk about Zinnia as little as possible - I made that read incredibly early and stuck to it.
ah dolby

very well let me read your posts with a town perspective and see if they make sense

Maybe it's because we both called out his partner trundle eod yesterday and today?
You think, if we were mafia partners, he would go out of his way to defend me and attack both people who are on me today? You realize mafia players like to lay low and stay outta the spotlight right? You guys are looking for OVERTLY MAFIA plays, when it's COVERT plays you need to be watching out for.

You think, if we were mafia partners, he would go out of his way to defend me and attack both people who are on me today? You realize mafia players like to lay low and stay outta the spotlight right? You guys are looking for OVERTLY MAFIA plays, when it's COVERT plays you need to be watching out for.
hey this clears me right!!!!!! /j

Literally no one did and it was painful. Every single convo about ribbit, which wasn’t mog and zinnia calling him sus before I did without much elaboration , had to be prompted by me.
FWIW I read it and thought you made some good points, but I had nothing to contribute at that point and still wasn't entirely convinced so I didn't really see any reason to try to make a big deal out of it.

hey this clears me right!!!!!! /j
You are still neutral for me!

FINE you are town

i assume this is what ur looking for dinosaur
she do be mogging

but idk it seems too easy
it only seems easy cuz i already did all the leg work :D

but I looked at the post and it turns out Trundle was talking to Ribbit herself lmao
i was gonna try to explain this but I figured it wasn't worth digging myself in that hole lol, glad someone realized and commented on it

?
You can't be serious. Show me in that post where I said I was not interested in the motivations.

Lack of knowledge does not equal lack of interest.
you are mostly attacking what's wolfy at face value and not looking too deep into it

it only seems easy cuz i already did all the leg work :D

i was gonna try to explain this but I figured it wasn't worth digging myself in that hole lol, glad someone realized and commented on it
ty mr king of the trolls

Phew, a lot to go through. It's quite hard to gather my thoughts and focus with the amount of posts being made. I'm honestly surprised that there were no killings.

For those of you that mentioned my takes not being all that great, do keep in mind that this is still my first mafia game on TBT and I'm a bit excited to participate. I realize that some of my posts received mixed reactions, but now that we made it to D2, I wanted to make it clear that I'm trying not to rush my thoughts and and formulate some reads that a lot of you will hopefully agree with. I feel like I'm beginning to grasp a better understanding of the other users' habits at this point. Anyway, from what I could gather after the first couple hours into D2, I wanted to give my reads, with more to come (by the way, this post took way too long to make and I probably missed many of the newest posts; I'll get to them later):

Explained opinions
  • Trundle: My mind is so mixed on him at the moment, but I'm still leaning towards town and here's why:
    • Looking at his EOD1, I could tell he was starting to panic about the Zinnia votes. While I was fully convinced (and later proven wrong) that Zinnia was a wolf, I didn't want to suddenly jump on another bandwagon as quickly as I did with Mog previously. I personally didn't think Unravel's posts at the time was enough evidence for me to want to change my vote.
    • If anything, I think he's trying his best to maintain a good town read of himself, and simply wants to get reactions out of others. He'd honestly be more of a town read from others if it weren't for the EOD1 panicking. In my opinion, a wolf would rarely act so crazily like that.
  • annika: I'm mixed with her. From what I could tell, I think she is doing a very good job of maintaining composure and not letting others bother her groove, but there have been a couple D2 posts that made me question her legitimacy.
    • Post #808 is a good example. Why would she vote for someone solely because of someone else telling her to?
    • Earlier in post #782, she indirectly mentioned to Dolby that she doubted Trundle to be town, yet admitted in #808 that she went with Trundle's pushing for Unravel anyway.
    • In short, I can sort of sense that she's giving off slight wolf vibes, though I'm going to remain null of her for now.
  • voltairenism: I've agreed with volt's take on Zinnia. They had every right to question Zinnia's quiet actions when Zinnia was still in the game; unfortunately, she did not flip red, so I'll have to look at their other reads. At this time, volt is slight town.
    • They mentioned Trundle being mafia because of his willingness to randomly push player votes. Post #548 brought up a valid point about Trundle possibly starting a wagon to eliminate the more active poster (Unravel over Zinnia). He began to panic when he realized not everyone was on board, and Zinnia was ultimately eliminated. Could this mean Trundle is actually mafia and Unravel is town? I'm not entirely sure because of my own thoughts on Trundle specifically, but volt gets my pass for valid possibility points.
  • N e s s: I'm going to lean somewhat null on him, maaaaybe more to the wolf side.
    • His point about the Ribbit ➡️ Zinnia wagon was very understandable (post #691). While my reasoning for joining the Zinnia wagon was more so due to my personal thoughts about Zinnia's posting in general (and volt highlighting it), I couldn't help but notice a post from Betsy that had me scratching my head (post #728). So, you mean to tell me that Ness originally didn't want to vote Unravel, but wanted to do so after the Zinnia ejection? I'm confused.
    • Oh, and post #727 is not how you want to prove you're town-aligned and not working with Betsy and Ribbot in disguise. You gotta do better than that.
    • Off topic, but coming from an unfortunate victim of two rear-end accidents just over a month-long span this year, PLEASE do not text and drive. I don't want anything bad to happen to you or other drivers.
Obvious/not-so-strong opinions
  • BetsySundrop: They bring up valid points about Trundle, though I honestly cannot see their theory of Trundle and Ribbit working together (mentioned in post #862). They say Trundle is somewhat mafia, while Ribbit is town. I'm conflicted, and I'm null on Betsy as a result.
  • ribbitribbon: They are so up-and-down, it's sort of crazy. I personally could not follow their theory in posts #712, #716, and #756. They start off by saying Trundle is heavy mafia, then suddenly back down without proper explanation. I'm sort of leaning wolf on ribbit, and I don't know if I'll be able to change my mind.
  • ShinyDungeoneer: So far, we've mostly been on the same page in regards to their reads compared to mine. Post #735 brings up several valid points in their reads, such as ribbit's inconsistency, Trundle's unnecessary wagons, and Dolby's excellent posting. I'm trusting them so far.
  • mogyay: Looking back at their posts and giving them a good read over, I really do not understand why I was foolish enough to hop on the wagon when it occurred. Mog is pretty innocent in my eyes.
  • unravel: It's understandable that their time zone prevents them from posting a lot; I still would like to see more reads from them in order to make me feel more confident in them.
  • FrostyAlmonds: I still view her as super town. She is very defensive, probably more so than what an average mafia member would comfortably act. While I am still unhappy that we can't be on the same page, I somewhat understand her reasonings behind her thoughts on me.
  • Dinosaur: Literally made the first post on D2, placing a random vote on D1. I'm not going to say they're a wolf solely because of that, but I'll need to see some action before I can fully trust them.
  • radical6: They have more posts than some of the others, but not enough to form an opinion on. I am going to lean more towards town as they clearly don't want to take a lot of risks at this time (post #540 mentions not wanting to vote ribbit out despite ribbit receiving a bulk of the blame), though I'm going to remain cautious.
  • lily2816: I honestly believe they are town. I would like to see more confirmation in regards to their own personal reads, but other than that, I wouldn't be suspicious.
  • Yoshi155: Very neutral-minded and up-front. As they are also new to mafia without posting a whole lot, I cannot formulate any proper read as of right now.
  • Dolby: I'm going to give him bonus points for doing a very good job of being up-front with the other users. While I do have questions about him in regards to how he actually reads certain posts (Betsy's notes being an example), I could definitely trust him as being a mediator for the town.
Ultimately, after Zinnia's ejection on N1, my reads of the potential mafia members right now would be as follows:
  • ribbitribbon
  • N e s s
  • annika
  • Dinosaur
I'll read more of the thread tomorrow.

Back