• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Mafia Among Us Mafia Game Thread (Day Five) (EoD 5/23 6pm EST)

I don't know why you think no one is talking about it because people phisically said I think Yoshi is town. Dolby turned around and said I don't understand why people are TRing Yoshi, and I started talking about my views and potential scenarios on the slot. 🤷‍♀️ I didn't come out of nowhere when I started talking about Yoshi yikes. Just because we aren't looking to flip Yoshi today, doesn't mean we don't tomorrow, Why not setup early?
tf ur talking abt
Post automatically merged:

im not accusing you of anything, and yes it's only us talking abt yoshi but at this point it's barely abt him so yeah i dont think hes getting much attention. and you just said you cant expect attention on a tr'd innactive slot so you sorta agreed he isn't getting any. and if dolby is questioning the tr, there you have it, the potential setup for a bus you wanted. it's 5am none of this makes sense and im dropping this

Last edited:
Dolby, I vibe with you not TRing Yoshi. Legit the only reason I think they're probably just town is because of their lackluster posting I can't see them being teamed up with anyone solely from coming in with a post like 'wow Shiny hasn't posted yet I thought you should know' and having no new reads despite an entirely new player joining. Unless they are also not keeping up with maf chat, but tbh at that point I feel like maf would be framing them by now. 🤷‍♀️ I would happily vote them off today tho, not gonna lie, I know we have different opinions on killing inactives tho.

I get why you're thinking it came out of nowhere and I'll admit it;s a bad look because I was projecting. Feel free to maf lean me for it, I walked into that post admiting I was poed tho so I don't really have much to say without you knowing me in meta Maybe Betsy would remember and vouch that I was also very pro the idea of bussing in a four maf team since we were both in obs together and I brought it up more than once.

It;s 4:30 am I don't know if what I'm saying makes sense.

well, trying to get others to vote the way you want them to is the wrong way to play the game.

anyways, i saw other mafia threads but hardly went in to see how the game was supposed to be played. give me a round or two then i will have an idea of how it works. :)

Also Dolby is saying this because it's a general consensus that voting no elim is almost always more harmful to town than not.

ok im sorry everyone for my low activity... i was not expecting to work this much overtime but i should be fine by monday. but i also work again at 6am today so i honestly dont have a lot of brain power or energy bc ive been up since 9am est ^_^ of yesterday

hmm its just that acting like a complete noob is commonly a tactic that veteran players instruct new players to do. and he came to the thread being concerned abt the chop, what isn't something you worry as much as town methinks

iirc he still holds his sus on mog and afks, so his test wasnt solving either mog or his nulls - yet he only dropped the act after questioned

weird point. you don't know zinnia meta
ehh i think if hes being instructed there was no point in a instructed noob mafia yoshi to bother finding whos inactive in this thread. Him randomly identifying Shiny as an inactive felt like a helpless town trying really hard to be helpful in some way so they just did that even tho Daniel would keep track of such issues. Maybe it could be fluff by mafia but imo he had no reason to post "shiny is uhh inactive!" as mafia
i am saying a mafia in general. and you’re right, it would be mafia like to frame a random null player, but my point is he has been insisting he started the wagon for reads and not as a confident wolfread. i don’t think a mafia would defend that this play was a good one or even say that the read was rxn instead of just sticking to it.

i would love to talk about volt with you as i feel the most conflicted on them

also i think no eject is best here despite my fosses. it’s early into the game and we can afford one. tracker in particular will be a very useful report to have before lynching anyone. i am willing to give zinnia and mog benefit of doubt as its early into the game.

i like mog’s usage of vanilla town here but i am still suspicious that out of all the people she chose to fos she chose me and tn4u, the people who pushed on her the hardest. i would like a better explanation from her when she comes back on
i was going to cut out everyones post and only keep what i wanted to respond to but im tired and on my pone so sorry

do u still want to discuss volt ? i can hopefully more in depth after i sleep mor
if ur new to mafia this is such a fun town slip. how much experience do you have?
i domt get how thats a town slip. idk if you care enough to explain lol its just something i noticed but i already read frosty as town
okay, the only people i remember even supporting it is me and tn4u but i’ll reread. also it was more mog’s reaction to it that raised my eye.

idk i just can’t shake the feeling volt is going to be universally townread and then flip maf. it’s been nagging at me

let me preempt this by saying i don’t play forum mafia. the mafia that i do play, if town can afford a no elim and get information from it (cop, tracker) that’s more optimal than randomly bwing someone with 0 information. my point is if we no elim, we have at least 1 guaranteed of the two alive and a report unless mafia got like amazingly lucky. whereas d1 it’s just vibes from people without anything solid.
i dont really have anything to say but i thought your no elim minfset was interesting. feel like a lot of forum mafias want d1 elim so i wonder if online mafia chats like salem usually prefer no elim or not (im ghessing u come from epicmafia ??)

ok i reallt am goung tk sleep but before i do so i disagre with a ribbit elimination. lean red for tn4u but i dojt think its happeniny today anyway.

i also now lean lily as town due to her reactipj with dolby lnao

A couple thoughts for the morning:

1) I wish mog would come back
2) I can see a scenario where TN4U is being lightly coached and is mafia, but the amount of people pushing him is ridiculous to me. I’m still town leaning him
3) unravel’s posts today are not good to have, but not really changing my mind. I just don’t see anything from unravel that comes across town. Most of the posts are just generic game logic with no reads. And there is a Ribbit sus because IMO that is a super safe read for anyone at this point (whether ribbit is town or mafia, does not matter wrt unravel alignment). I will be keeping my vote on them today.

Zinna and her post inconsistency
Can you elaborate?
What I mean is that us not pulling the trigger won't solve a thing. I would rather vote because it gives hints or proper leads rather not voting at all. for me its an anti-town for voting no elimination and it would struggle for us finding the culprit in the very long run

I rather eliminate someone in day 1 than no elim day 1 because its anti-town and we might have no leads on day 2 if we vote on no elim

The cop can be a hit or miss scenario, sure the Godfather would be a pain because it can be read as town for cop's finding but with backending and proof I don't see why not also cop can read goons so that really shouldn't be an issue

as I said its a hit or miss scenario as long as the cop didn't roleclaim its totally fine and its too early to say those
So many filler posts, so few reads (or reasoning for the vote on zinnia other than inconsistency)

i domt get how thats a town slip. idk if you care enough to explain lol its just something i noticed but i already read frosty as town
I thought they were more of a noob and I thought "prediction" is not something a first time mafia would say in regards to someone's reads. But now I see they are more experienced and it's not particularly AI. But I still think Frosty is town. Posts read genuine, presenting unique ideas, and tangling ideas from older posts together quite cohesively!

Last edited:
GUYS IM SORRY i was out last night and now im hung over 😭 ive missed like 8 pages so ill read now

but to ask an earlier question i town read trundle bc i feel like he has done this every game ive seen him play, just like pick a person at random and watch the drama from the sidelines , i refuse to believe he actually thinks im a mafia member esp now he has kind of backtracked a bit from what i can see (or at least isnt pushing it) and if he was mafia i dont think hed have picked me idk

also im not omgsussing ribbit or tenu4 , i just think it was odd how they reacted to me, i would understand more if id have played with them in the past but i havent and i dont know how they think they can read me well enough to make that determination

ANYWAY let me read soz

do you think me and trundle are teamed up?

i dont think cop should claim to report a green check, which is more likely to happen

i feel like ribbit hasnt exactly had sound logic this fair but im not sure if i feel the same abt this specific. i feel like a lot of weirdness abt ribbit is bc the thread is under the impression the main wagons are zinnia and mog - when that ship has already sailed, and i dont want to sr her based just on threadstate. and her tinfoil on me feels good motivation wise bc universal townreads arent good in the long run
i need to understand more the website she usually plays bc the whole pr discussing did rub me wrong tho lol i guess pr come into play way faster there
no actually your one back and forth about the push thing didn’t seem like mafia and mafia, but it did feel like one mafia defending themself to a town so honestly that’s where i get part of that read from.
i’m used to having to claim faster or having yourself get cced or killed before you can out anything
do u still want to discuss volt ? i can hopefully more in depth after i sleep mor

i dont really have anything to say but i thought your no elim minfset was interesting. feel like a lot of forum mafias want d1 elim so i wonder if online mafia chats like salem usually prefer no elim or not (im ghessing u come from epicmafia ??)
i would like to talk about him from an unbiased perspective yes. lmao yes i am from em, guns and hookers baby

it’s more like

this setup is daystart and so we no elim because we have no information yet and the odds of hitting a maf is not good. so you wait until tomorrow when all of the reports have happened and both town and maf use today as like a read bucket to decide what to do with their night actions. maf looks to roleblock doc and kill a report, while doc looks to save a potential target and reporters go on their fosses.

not that this is important to this game which is why i spoilered it since you were wondering ab it.

Last edited:
. I am just gonna dedicate the morning to really rereading the last 6ish pages. + also try to look at my tinfoil more.

I'll be doing mother's day stuff (getting my butt kicked in mariokart and ssbu 🙄) but will be back at around 1est.

Maybe Betsy would remember and vouch that I was also very pro the idea of bussing in a four maf team since we were both in obs together and I brought it up more than once.

I actually remember this- and agree with the overall point. With 4 maf, bussing is inevitable imo. I think instead of trying to 'save' a partner, maf would be able to just go along with town to not stand out.

So going along reads tend to bother me. Esp quick agreements. Tn4u/poss ribbit.

However! Super tinfoil - it's possible that maf might try to save a partner.

So a big push for a player (dolby on ribbit) could be actual sus and ribbit is maf. But could (supertinfoil) also be an effort to redirect attn away from a maf partner who is headed toward elim.

When i come back later i want to read thru and see if i can find inconsistencies, quick read switches without reason, mirepresentations, overly quick agreements, etc. Fresh look from the top.

ribbi and annika are villagers btw

Curious - what's the reasons on both?
Had to find time to catch up. How are there 18 pages already??

Not too sure yet. I haven't played before and I don't know anyone here so I'm having trouble getting a good grasp on who is acting off.

That being said, after catching up on my reading, so far I have light suspicions on Ribbit and TN4U for the same reasons already mentioned by others, but I don't see anything substantially suspicious yet. I have a gut feeling at least one mafia is more on the inactive side, but I know that isn't particularly helpful either. Frosty and Betsy seem slightly towny to me as of right now but I'm not going to lie my analysis is mostly just based on vibes at this point.

Its far too late so I'm going to head to bed but I will return tomorrow.

I think a lot of d1 reads are just vibes in the very beginning. And it's super easy to get stuck in circular thinking and what ifs, lol. It's later in the game when looking back at everything can actually give better clues.

im here

can you ellaborate

GUYS IM SORRY i was out last night and now im hung over 😭 ive missed like 8 pages so ill read now

but to ask an earlier question i town read trundle bc i feel like he has done this every game ive seen him play, just like pick a person at random and watch the drama from the sidelines , i refuse to believe he actually thinks im a mafia member esp now he has kind of backtracked a bit from what i can see (or at least isnt pushing it) and if he was mafia i dont think hed have picked me idk

also im not omgsussing ribbit or tenu4 , i just think it was odd how they reacted to me, i would understand more if id have played with them in the past but i havent and i dont know how they think they can read me well enough to make that determination

ANYWAY let me read soz
do you have any other townreads? who are you voting for?
what does everyone think of this post. nothing rly AI to me smh smh

i just woke up im eepy still

@ribbitribbon are you sure zinnia was OMGSUSing?
if i understood you, you said zinnia was wolfleaning who called her wolf, but at this point it was you, dolby, frosty and tn4u. havent found annikas post abt the matter
i can see your point just bc zinnia is unsure abt me, considering i was defending her at that point. but even that seems like a stretch

i guess frosty occlusion makes sense since zinnia thought it was a joke
funny thing abt this response though is that it has a scent of tmi. like i feel like she talks abt frosty with the assumption frosty is town

oh i guess this is what ribbit was talking but my point still stands bc the first post is more meaningful since it's the point zinnia got more heat
there isnt any development on the sus on me besides just agreeing with a very NAI statement i made. @Zinnia. is there anything specific i have done to go up on ur reads?
also not much reasoning for tn4u and trundle. i asked abt those already though, so just gotta be patient lol i dont think im being sheeped by her but anyhow i think her sus on me wasnt any meaningful for her

i still agree that her "mafia is afk" was NAI but maybe i was quick to tr. cant develop the read without hearing her tho

yeah hence why the motivation behind the tinfoil on me is whats good
like we all have our tinfoils but talking abt them in thread is something else. seems like a genuine want to question the slot. do you think theres another motivation? for wolf!frosty that would be throwing **** and see if it sticks ig
yeah the whole pr ordeal should just be dropped bc it seems like a cultural clash
ribbit answer me this !!!

@ribbitribbon are you sure zinnia was OMGSUSing?
if i understood you, you said zinnia was wolfleaning who called her wolf, but at this point it was you, dolby, frosty and tn4u. havent found annikas post abt the matter
i can see your point just bc zinnia is unsure abt me, considering i was defending her at that point. but even that seems like a stretch

i guess frosty occlusion makes sense since zinnia thought it was a joke
funny thing abt this response though is that it has a scent of tmi. like i feel like she talks abt frosty with the assumption frosty is town

oh i guess this is what ribbit was talking but my point still stands bc the first post is more meaningful since it's the point zinnia got more heat
there isnt any development on the sus on me besides just agreeing with a very NAI statement i made. @Zinnia. is there anything specific i have done to go up on ur reads?
also not much reasoning for tn4u and trundle. i asked abt those already though, so just gotta be patient lol i dont think im being sheeped by her but anyhow i think her sus on me wasnt any meaningful for her

i still agree that her "mafia is afk" was NAI but maybe i was quick to tr. cant develop the read without hearing her tho

yeah hence why the motivation behind the tinfoil on me is whats good
like we all have our tinfoils but talking abt them in thread is something else. seems like a genuine want to question the slot. do you think theres another motivation? for wolf!frosty that would be throwing **** and see if it sticks ig
yeah the whole pr ordeal should just be dropped bc it seems like a cultural clash
well without any explanation zinnia said maf are me tn4u and trundle, two of which are in your list. i didn’t read into anything with zinn and trundle but from a glance it looks like yeah she’s omgussing. which is why i want her to come back online. @Zinnia. come back i am grasping your shoulders and begging us to talk for a bit

as for the rest of the list i don’t see what gave her those thoughts unless she explains them. if i had to guess mog is only a null because of the “general consensus” at that time

actually wait

me tn4u and trundle were the mog bw

does zinnia fos everyone on that

but if she thinks mog is potential maf then what would that mean. she thinks that all 3 partners bwed one??

@Zinnia. COME BACK

Last edited:
can you ellaborate

do you have any other townreads? who are you voting for?
what does everyone think of this post. nothing rly AI to me smh smh

i just woke up im eepy still

ribbit answer me this !!!

hello yes i said on my post that i tr jacob and dolby also !!! and i still think that , i think frosty and betsy are also town

i will probably vote for either of the ppl i said in my last post - tn4u / ribbit, tbh tho i got bored of reading so um i will actually still need to do that (sry my weekend is my time off so im not fully in the zone...) i do not like how t4nu didnt say a word to/abt me but as soon as the wee hate wagon started i was "def mafia" i dont like new ppl talking in absolutes bc i feel its weird and also there posts just feel weird and forced but idk them so maybe im being mean

ill come back again sry guys im lazy lol

also ik im town so obv im gonna like ppl who are against (or at least question!!) my lil wagon thing lol
yeah, though i will say that tn4u and ribbit to me felt the distinctly the most sus in their pushes on mog and zinnia, both in general and in the pushes themselves. I'm assuming that's the reason Mog TRed me and Trundle, who also sussed her, but hard to tell when she just made that one post.
yes that is right lol (i play w my heart not w my head)

im not accusing you of anything, and yes it's only us talking abt yoshi but at this point it's barely abt him so yeah i dont think hes getting much attention. and you just said you cant expect attention on a tr'd innactive slot so you sorta agreed he isn't getting any. and if dolby is questioning the tr, there you have it, the potential setup for a bus you wanted. it's 5am none of this makes sense and im dropping this

It's barely about him anymore because you were pushing me on my logic so I had to start talking about my meta reasoning??? I've already admitted I was projecting when I said that. I agree he isn't getting attention now, or an excessive amount like we're talking about Ribbit. But there was discourse about it period. everyone who tr'd him at one point said, Yoshi is town, Dolby commented on that. it's not an active and large discussion, but it happened. If I came out of nowhere and said 'I think Lily is town but here's a scenario where they could be maf', yes that'sI could get why you'd question why I'm considering hypothetical situations about Lily, but I had reason to think about Yoshi's slot when I brought it up.

what was even the original point abt yoshi. was like "if yoshi was mafia he wouldnt be universally townread bc his mafia members would be split in sussing him" right

Not quite, the point was I think they are town because their posts don't feel like they're talking to a maf team, and then tangented to the idea that it isn't impossible that they could be maf but ALSO largely AFK from maf chat, then lowkey projected about bussing them in that scenario. That's why in the same paragraph I ended saying I wouldn't mind voting off Yoshi either way, I don't think inactives are helpful to keep around 90% of the time. 🤷‍♀️ And shocker but yes I was well aware that Dolby fit that scenario. And yes if Yoshi flipped red I wouldn't write off Dolby as confirmed town.

The moral is don't mafia when you're grumpy or tired, and definitely not if you are both. The end.

im here

Considering Ribbit is getting a lot of heat right now, wanna tell us why you think he's town?

I thought they were more of a noob and I thought "prediction" is not something a first time mafia would say in regards to someone's reads. But now I see they are more experienced and it's not particularly AI. But I still think Frosty is town. Posts read genuine, presenting unique ideas, and tangling ideas from older posts together quite cohesively!

I didn't get how that was a town slip either but makes more sense now. It's my second time playing, but I was obsing kingmaker.

But I also like that you are taking off the hard town read on TN4U because I just couldn't get that take.

i do not like how t4nu didnt say a word to/abt me but as soon as the wee hate wagon started i was "def mafia" i dont like new ppl talking in absolutes bc i feel its weird and also there posts just feel weird and forced but idk them so maybe im being mean

THIS. Yes.

For real I mostly would like to hear about Jacob's reasoning for town Ribbit atm because that is an interesting take after being AFK the entire day and providing literally no context. I was liking his posts day 1 but this just wasn't it.

ATM I feel like my most confident vote would be on TN4U, I feel like he got a lot quiter too? I wouldn't be opposed to flipping Ribbit either but I would like to give him the benefit of the doubt since he says he doesn't usually play forum mafia. Nost likely camping on TN4U unless something drastic happens.

I’m gonna be pretty low effort for the rest of d1 fyi

Also this. Sorry my mom comes first today.

Back