• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Advice for Screenshots

Wing

Resetti's Assistant
Bells
Did you know, that using Miiverse to take screenshots allow for images with higher definition?
It also allows you to take images of your lower screen, if you'd like to share your town's map!

Yeah, but I'm satisfied already with what I get with the webrender method, plus Miiverse takes forever to load. I can get an image up in under a minute, whereas Miiverse takes forever just to load.

I've been using the MiiVerse method because A. the screenshots do look better and B. I'm hardly in a huge hurry to upload pictures.

everybody has known about miiverse screenshots since forever lmao
i use LR when im in a hurry or w/e but if i want 1 nice picture, ill do it with miiverse.

I usually just screenshot then take my SD card out and put it in my computer and take the files off that way. Never had problems with quality.

How do you take the screenshots with Mii-Verse? I've only been using L&R method.

Click the home button and then click the green miiverse icon. You need to have a Nintendo ID btw in order to use it. Or else just register a username and password and all that jazz and then you can use it. After that just make a post and choose either to take a picture of the top or bottom screen and voila!

Miiverse is awesome mainly because you can take pictures of the bottom screen. I don't often take a pic of the bottom screen unless it's for my map or my TPC though. I think miiverse is a little bit better because of that feature, but I'm happy with just the simple method.

The quality is the same for me honestly in either case so I don't have a problem with it. I took a picture of my my mayor with the miiverse version and the L&R buttons and I see no difference. I think it just might be the device or the SD card itself if your quality isn't as great.

The quality is the same for me honestly in either case so I don't have a problem with it. I took a picture of my my mayor with the miiverse version and the L&R buttons and I see no difference. I think it just might be the device or the SD card itself if your quality isn't as great.

lmao nope
miiverse pictures are .png and LR pictures are .jpeg/.jpg
that file compression is what makes them different
youre just not looking hard enough

lmao nope
miiverse pictures are .png and LR pictures are .jpeg/.jpg
that file compression is what makes them different
youre just not looking hard enough

Well, if it's that little of a difference that I would need to look hard enough then it's not that relevant to the average player.

Indeed, I have known. Since the Wii U runs on much higher resolution (1080 bp) as well as it being a community strictly for Animal Crossing: New Leaf itself, the pics are enhanced much better :)

Well, if it's that little of a difference that I would need to look hard enough then it's not that relevant to the average player.

'average player' the difference is large enough to anybody

2urrotl.jpg
img from nebudelic
.jpeg LR

you can esp see particles on the clock in the corner

zlCfzSnSbIcJzB69K7
img from mikorin
.png miiverse

you can see how crisp the edges of the cedar leaves are

Back