• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

ACNH × Sanrio Crossover Discussion + Question Thread 💗

Were you successful in buying a pack of Sanrio amiibo cards from Target today (03/26)? 🇺🇸

• Total voters
My cards are here!

I haven't opened them yet so if anyone wants to buy them off me, I'll give a friends rate of £100.
If youre American I will need to charge extra at $300. I think you'll find these prices very reasonable.

(It should be obvious, but if not, I was being sarcastic. I do however have the cards now)

20210409_140840.jpg

Compatible with: new leaf welcome amiibo
Compatible with: New Leaf after a free of charge update

Update to what nintendo? What is it updating to?

View attachment 367527
Compatible with: new leaf welcome amiibo
Compatible with: New Leaf after a free of charge update

Update to what nintendo? What is it updating to?
It just means that anyone who purchased a copy of Animal Crossing: New Leaf manufactured prior to the Welcome amiibo re-release in 2016 would need to update their game before they can use the cards.

It just means that anyone who purchased Animal Crossing: New Leaf prior to the Welcome amiibo re-release in 2016 would need to update their game before they can use the cards.
I know, it was just a joke about how they're stretching what the cards can be used with.
Because after you update the game it becomes welcome amiibo.

my cards aren't legit but i'm so glad i got them. they aren't sold in sweden as far as i know and getting them would be such a huge pain, and i really want the villagers so it felt like the best way. i'm not telling others to make their own amiibos, just saying it's pretty hard to get the real amiibo cards as is and when you don't live in the us

I know, it was just a joke about how they're stretching what the cards can be used with.
Because after you update the game it becomes welcome amiibo.
Good packaging states the obvious. I design healthcare posters and you need to consider every question a patient might have no matter how basic it might seem. 😂

my cards aren't legit but i'm so glad i got them. they aren't sold in sweden as far as i know and getting them would be such a huge pain, and i really want the villagers so it felt like the best way. i'm not telling others to make their own amiibos, just saying it's pretty hard to get the real amiibo cards as is and when you don't live in the us
They were sold in Sweden via spelbutiken.se, but sold out some time ago. I think the US was one of the hardest countries to try and obtain them in this time around.

Good packaging states the obvious. I design healthcare posters and you need to consider every question a patient might have no matter how basic it might seem. 😂

They were sold in Sweden via spelbutiken.se, but sold out some time ago. I think the US was one of the hardest countries to try and obtain them in this time around.
haha you know more about what's sold here than i do! good to know, thanks :')

Well if the target stores doesn't have any information on restocks for AC sanrio amiibo card packs, why can't we just ask straight to the source, nintendo, get to the bottom of this, and learn the truth from them? I might know someone that may help us with this problem, but i'll have to see if there's a right time to ask him about this problem and situation for us in the US.

Right now, all i see on target store's twitter post is that the card packs are exclusive and high demand item and have no information on the restocks and was suggested to keep checking back, but they may sell out fast

if nintendo doesn't know, then what if sanrio company knows?

Nintendo won't answer questions on restocks. They'll only say they don't have any info at this time. :(

Hi,
Can someone please explain alternate methods of getting the sanrio amiibo cards? I live in the U.S. and I was unsuccessful in ordering them.

To very briefly summarize:

They sold out within about an hour (so like 8am- 9am CST 26 March 2021), many places in less time depending on the target. And an unknown (to me at least) number of targets put the cards out on the store floor, despite them being meant to be only sold online, causing extra confusion and heartache. The website broke a lot during the hour after they were released which did not help either.

there is no information on future re-re-releases at this time (which is normal for Nintendo, but frustrating for everyone else)

To very briefly summarize:

They sold out within about an hour (so like 8am- 9am CST 26 March 2021), many places in less time depending on the target. And an unknown (to me at least) number of targets put the cards out on the store floor, despite them being meant to be only sold online, causing extra confusion and heartache. The website broke a lot during the hour after they were released which did not help either.

there is no information on future re-re-releases at this time (which is normal for Nintendo, but frustrating for everyone else)
Thanks for the reply, maybe my store has them inside the physical store?

Thanks for the reply, maybe my store has them inside the physical store?

no, I do not believe they will (I don’t want to say it is impossible but it would be shocking), as far as I know the in store sold out even faster, especially since they did not generally stick to the limit per customer if they were selling in store.

unfortunately for now they not possible to buys legitimately, except through resellers/ scalpers who are charging much much more than you should pay (something like 10x the list price I think). I don’t like giving money to scalpers personally, and don’t recommend it. But it is an option (and partly why they sold out so fast

you can get the items on here, by looking at the nooks cranny section. Several people are selling the Sanrio items for tbt or possibly in game currency. They bad news is you cannot reorder, but you can make as many purchases through others as you like, and people are generally not charging crazy amounts and are generous and helpful (on this forum at least)

sorry for the mostly bad news! If you read through this thread you will see how crazy it was trying to get a pack

I wasn't too sure if nintendo knows anything about this, but whatever their response is, maybe i'd like to see and know what they have to say as proof because there are a lot of angry ppl wanting the card packs and getting'em off elsewhere cost more than what target sells for. Getting Japan on the other hand is my other option which i know someone from there, but i know it's a blindbag thing.

Saying that nintendo (and sanrio if involved) doesn't know when to restock, that doesn't seem right to me and i'll say this what my friend told me, show screenshot or proof or it doesn't happen.

All I know is that if there's enough feedback to target about the card packs, then they'll start limiting the purchase to 1 card pack per customer. The other part is if nintendo (and sanrio) can distribute the card packs to the other stores, this problem wouldn't have happened to us in the US.

As Much as I like to ask my friend (which i met back in the gathering before), but i still need to find the right time and opportunity to ask him about this.

The other part in this thread is that a lot of us in the US may feel jealous of ppl in the UK that got the card packs already, but for us in the US, we still have to keep waiting for the card packs to restock at the stores or the card packs to be available to the other stores besides target. it's been 2 weeks that they haven't restocked the card packs. I dunno if a lot of us in the US are feeling jealous of the ppl in the UK about getting the card pack or still angry at the target stores. all I know is that getting to the bottom of this and finding out the truth would put a or shed some light to our problems in the US.

I wasn't too sure if nintendo knows anything about this, but whatever their response is, maybe i'd like to see and know what they have to say as proof because there are a lot of angry ppl wanting the card packs and getting'em off elsewhere cost more than what target sells for. Getting Japan on the other hand is my other option which i know someone from there, but i know it's a blindbag thing.

Saying that nintendo (and sanrio if involved) doesn't know when to restock, that doesn't seem right to me and i'll say this what my friend told me, show screenshot or proof or it doesn't happen.

All I know is that if there's enough feedback to target about the card packs, then they'll start limiting the purchase to 1 card pack per customer. The other part is if nintendo (and sanrio) can distribute the card packs to the other stores, this problem wouldn't have happened to us in the US.

As Much as I like to ask my friend (which i met back in the gathering before), but i still need to find the right time and opportunity to ask him about this.

The other part in this thread is that a lot of us in the US may feel jealous of ppl in the UK that got the card packs already, but for us in the US, we still have to keep waiting for the card packs to restock at the stores or the card packs to be available to the other stores besides target. it's been 2 weeks that they haven't restocked the card packs. I dunno if a lot of us in the US are feeling jealous of the ppl in the UK about getting the card pack or still angry at the target stores. all I know is that getting to the bottom of this and finding out the truth would put a or shed some light to our problems in the US.
Thank you for the reply, maybe I can find some one selling from Japan or U.K. My only worry is shipping and it's hard finding sellers selling official cards without scalping them for insane prices. I think I'll create some of those amiibo coin things I've been seeing a lot of online lately.

Thank you for the reply, maybe I can find some one selling from Japan or U.K. My only worry is shipping and it's hard finding sellers selling official cards without scalping them for insane prices. I think I'll create some of those amiibo coin things I've been seeing a lot of online lately.

Tell us about it. when the card packs were released, they sold out fast in the US. after reading numerous articles, we know that scalpers were behind this problem and then all of a sudden, i read another article that the scalpers were selling the card packs for expensive prices.

I dunno what's the deal here. The other part is target the target staff members can't sell these card packs to their friends and family. It may be against the store and staff policy which i found suspicious. There are other ppl and customers that wants the card packs badly.

A lot of us here in the US have fallen into the victims to this problem right now and i know there are other similar problems like this current one we're having.

Fnac juste announced a restock for the end of may, they have opened pre-orders today, and I'm pretty sure they won't be the only ones to do so ; )

Back