• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

I hate how it feels like we're supposed to play this game every day for 2 years in order to complete everything. The K.K. Concert Achievement requires us to attend his concert 100 times, and he only holds the concert once a week! Flick and C.J. only let you order one model each time, there are more than 80 fish and bugs, and they don't show up every week! The birthday Achievement wants us to attend 20 villager birthdays when we can only have 10 villagers on the island at a time. I'm stressed out enough by my goal of playing every day for a full year. I refuse to do this for 2 years.

That's always been a key thing of the series; though this game takes it to an extreme with the "slow day and enjoy life".

The birthday achievement is particularly annoying though.

That's always been a key thing of the series; though this game takes it to an extreme with the "slow day and enjoy life".

The birthday achievement is particularly annoying though.
This is my first Animal Crossing game, and I had heard so many good things about Animal Crossing that I had high expectations. Unfortunately, this is the first game I've played that takes place in "real time" so I get stressed out about possibly missing something if I don't play EVERY SINGLE DAY.

This is my first Animal Crossing game, and I had heard so many good things about Animal Crossing that I had high expectations. Unfortunately, this is the first game I've played that takes place in "real time" so I get stressed out about possibly missing something if I don't play EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Gotcha, I hear you.

I've been traveling quite a bit over the last two days. I found a discord where members were opening the gates to their city and... Online is horrible. Terrible. Awful. There is interference, it takes a while to get to the person's island and back with the plane cutscene, and as soon as someone enters or leaves there is a long cutscene that prevents you from playing. It's terribly boring, it's long, it lasts more than a minute. I play games online and there isn't any of that. I know that AC is a game that wants to be cute and slow, but this is too slow, it's too crap. I don't care if the visitor leaves, seriously. Then the loading times! In short, I use online to go "a little faster" in my progress but it's useless.

I've been traveling quite a bit over the last two days. I found a discord where members were opening the gates to their city and... Online is horrible. Terrible. Awful. There is interference, it takes a while to get to the person's island and back with the plane cutscene, and as soon as someone enters or leaves there is a long cutscene that prevents you from playing. It's terribly boring, it's long, it lasts more than a minute. I play games online and there isn't any of that. I know that AC is a game that wants to be cute and slow, but this is too slow, it's too crap. I don't care if the visitor leaves, seriously. Then the loading times! In short, I use online to go "a little faster" in my progress but it's useless.

Right? It's needlessly slow. There's slow and then there's tedious and I think Nintendo went too far in that one direction.

Reactions: Bui
One of my least favorite things about this game is that there's only one shop upgrade. Getting all the shop upgrades gradually was one of my favorite parts about the previous games. I feel like there's a general lack of long-term progression in this game compared to others in the series.

I'd better be right about how seasonal crafting recipes are more common results from balloon presents the further you are into the season. :mad: I have no idea how I'm supposed to get 14 more cherry blossom recipes in the next 7 days otherwise.

I didn’t realise quite how bad it was until playing New Leaf online for the farewell event - why couldn’t they just do it like that?

One of my least favorite things about this game is that there's only one shop upgrade. Getting all the shop upgrades gradually was one of my favorite parts about the previous games. I feel like there's a general lack of long-term progression in this game compared to others in the series.
I agree, that's something that I wish they included. I have a feeling the multiple different areas of the game that progress as a whole (which should've included Harv's Island from the start, in my opinion) would've changed my feeling on that if I were playing for the first time today, but it still feels like we needed at least one more upgrade or another shop on the island to really center that progression.

And I say this as someone who generally dislikes comparisons to past games because they tend to be so full of (unintentional) dishonestly and misremembering. But as someone who is simultaneously playing New Leaf right now, I feel this is so valid.

I agree, that's something that I wish they included. I have a feeling the multiple different areas of the game that progress as a whole (which should've included Harv's Island from the start, in my opinion) would've changed my feeling on that if I were playing for the first time today, but it still feels like we needed at least one more upgrade or another shop on the island to really center that progression.

And I say this as someone who generally dislikes comparisons to past games because they tend to be so full of (unintentional) dishonestly and misremembering. But as someone who is simultaneously playing New Leaf right now, I feel this is so valid.
Yes, I am the same way! I genuinely love NH and think it's a good game, just a different type of AC game than others, even if it's not my favorite in the series. I think it added a lot of good things that aren't brought up in these comparisons.

I also feel that the progression at Harv's would've been better if I had it from the beginning, because by the time it was added I already had all the bells needed to do it immediately, so it was just a few days to unlock instead of a long-term goal. I also think I would've been happy with just one more shop upgrade or another shop added as well. I just had a feeling of "that's it?" when I found out the second stage was the last one.

Ok this is probably my most petty complaint about this game.

So I'm going to a store, right? Specifically Nook's Cranny and Able Sisters. I'm walking around and browsing the items and stuff and then the shopkeeper(s) is following me everywhere I go. I know this has been around since the first game but it has become a bit of a pet peeve of mine recently. Please just let me make a choice on my own pace... I have a right to my privacy, you know?

In ACNH Home Paradise I set the location season to Cherryblossom because I wanted to use cherryblosson trees in the villagers build. However there is no option to use cherryblossom trees - annoying!

Idk how unpopular this is…but damn… I never liked the change they did to Whitney’s jaw in NH 😔

Idk how unpopular this is…but damn… I never liked the change they did to Whitney’s jaw in NH 😔
Her NH model appears to be similar to the one in NL. Are you referring to when she speaks? I never found a problem with it. I honestly think the wolf villagers in general look more natural with their facial expressions, but to each their own.

The choices we have for the house’s exterior design aren’t very good.

For example, in Nl, we had more variety like here are two houses I designed in HHD.

IMG_7215.jpeg

IMG_7216.jpeg

I’m still enjoying HHP and New Horizons. I can’t help but think some parts of New Horizons could have been much better and that they didn’t put the same amount of effort or thought into some aspects like some furnitures’ designs, etc.

Reactions: Doo
Not sure if this has been mentioned (81 pages lol!) but the amount of animations/actions you have to go through to be like “shoot my pockets are full” is ridiculous.

Like, shouldn’t your character know your pockets are stuffed before you dig up that flower?

Back