• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Animal Crossing Hide & Seek sessions from The Bell Tree World Championship are coming back -- check out the new TBT Neighbourly Hide and Seek thread here for details! Look out for an Among Us session here too.

ACNH Pet Peeves and Petty Complaints Thread

Thanks! But I was talking about the three first houses you have to build, for peppy, normal and lazy villagers. They need more space for the items you have to display. And I definitely don't have that space on the right side of my island so I had to put them somewhere else. That's too bad. However, for future houses, I'll have there the space in this part of my island!
Oh yeah, that's tricky. It's probably best to space them out and move them later. It's only 10,000 bells to move one per day.

It's a real shame that the outfits that you give your villagers or custom design outfits for them won't appear in DAs on this game.
I wonder if it's a bug, because it can't be that they didn't want anything inappropriate appearing in the DAs. Because we can publish our islands with custom paths and other stuff all around it.

GEKpNerbEAAVL_0.jpeg
GEKpNfLaMAAqKjA.jpeg

GEKpNfJakAAccPB.jpeg
GEKpNfNa0AAd0AB.jpeg

1. Why in the ever living HECK do you need red windflowers and orange windflowers to make pink windflowers??!?! It makes more sense for us to use red and white ones… O_____o

2. I got my first true friends nook Miles achievement since restarting, and from experience, that’s a sign that I’m going to start getting barge-ins. O,o

my cranky villagers keep telling me that my other villagers are cooking something, but they’re not O_____o

My pet peeve. Every time I go island hopping for a villager, the first island is a gorilla or kangaroo villager (Unless it's walt! I like walt.).

I don't really like the gorillas or kangaroos, but that's what the rng apparently thinks I need on my island. Sometimes it takes a few tries to find a non gorilla or kangaroo villager.

I got lucky the other day with finding Norma, but usually it's nothing but gorillas and kangaroos....

I don't know if it's because they can just keep squeezing money out, but I wish PC would die so they'd pay attention to their next mainline game. They're still updating it. I haven't been on Twitter in ages, but checked it out of curiosity and I saw one of the Nintendo accounts advertising a Sanrio update. I initially thought it was a old post about the amiibo cards, but apparently there's a new lineup of sanrio outfits and stuffed animals players can hold.

No offense, but NH is pretty much about decorating and being aesthetic. This is the kind of updates that NH slowly dripfed on us and would cater towards the feel Nintendo was going with where it's all about looks. Even the comments pretty much say the same.

not to beat a dead horse but omg what i would give for bulk crafting / bulk customizing. i just got back into the game and this is getting me burnt out again 😭

decorating your home is incredibly exhausting. HHP spoiled me

Wish I could unsubscribe from the HHA... I haven't changed up the interiors of my houses in so long, I do not need these weekly scores that somehow manage to change slightly despite me not doing anything differently
I hate how older games like AC:CF and AC:NL handle the HRA/HHA better than New Horizons. You can opt out in CF (still need to do this myself). And in NL, you only get letters once you reach new milestones. Features are supposed to improve overtime, not get worse.

AC:GC is the WORST! You get letters EVERYDAY! Your house gets evaluated EVERYTIME you make some sort of modification. And even if you leave your house alone for the day, they send these random-ass letters the next morning. "Oh, maybe get some regal furnitureeeeEEEE!!!!!!!111!111!!"

AC:WW and AC:NH are tied as the second worst in terms how the HRA/HHA is handled.

I don't know if it's because they can just keep squeezing money out, but I wish PC would die so they'd pay attention to their next mainline game. They're still updating it. I haven't been on Twitter in ages, but checked it out of curiosity and I saw one of the Nintendo accounts advertising a Sanrio update. I initially thought it was a old post about the amiibo cards, but apparently there's a new lineup of sanrio outfits and stuffed animals players can hold.

No offense, but NH is pretty much about decorating and being aesthetic. This is the kind of updates that NH slowly dripfed on us and would cater towards the feel Nintendo was going with where it's all about looks. Even the comments pretty much say the same.
Well, to be fair, I believe it's an entirely different set of developers working on Pocket Camp. Heck, not every single villager found in New Horizons has even made it to Pocket Camp yet (Mott being an example). Usually, when new villagers are introduced, they also get a cookie set that features a ton of furniture items related to a theme. These sort of things take time to work on, as they're always brand new items, which is why only about 6 or 7 villagers get introduced at a time. Would I like for more Pocket Camp stuff to show up in the mainline game? Yes. There's a lot of things that are possible to do in Pocket Camp that would easily port over to a mainline game. I just hope that grinding Leaf Tickets will not be one of them.

Keep in mind that the developers that worked on New Horizons have most of their attention focused on Splatoon 3. I would imagine since THAT game has been out for a while, that the game's content updates will most likely slow down later this year. The single player DLC for that game recently came out, so we're already closer to a potential announcement. However, that is just a made up statement based off trends, as I'm not fully expecting any sort of announcement right away for a new mainline game. We'll just have to keep waiting, cross our fingers, and see what happens.
I hate how older games like AC:CF and AC:NL handle the HRA/HHA better than New Horizons. You can opt out in CF (still need to do this myself). And in NL, you only get letters once you reach new milestones. Features are supposed to improve overtime, not get worse.

AC:GC is the WORST! You get letters EVERYDAY! Your house gets evaluated EVERYTIME you make some sort of modification. And even if you leave your house alone for the day, they send these random-ass letters the next morning. "Oh, maybe get some regal furnitureeeeEEEE!!!!!!!111!111!!"

AC:WW and AC:NH are tied as the second worst in terms how the HRA/HHA is handled.
Could you imagine not playing the game for several months, and your mailbox is filled with over 200 unread HHA letters? Thank goodness only one is sent at a time, but yeah, receiving HHA letters when I already won all the prizes seems a bit redundant. The score doesn't even matter to anyone but you, so what's the point?

It really bothers me that Nook's cranny remained soooooo small. I mean it got gigantic in previous games, and leveling up the store was one of the exciting parts of the game. The fact it remains so small was pretty disappointing, and one of the many aspects of the game that I feel was unfinished.

I'm a little annoyed that villagers can't accept gifts if they're sitting down. I'd be more okay with this if there was always a way to make them stand up. I know you can make them stand up if they're just sitting on the ground, but if they're sitting on a seat there doesn't seem to be a way (unless I'm dumb). Like pls I found you only to not be able to give you your daily gift lol. Waiting around for them to get up and do something else is annoying, because I tend to move onto something else and forget that I haven't given them their gift already.

I'm a little annoyed that villagers can't accept gifts if they're sitting down. I'd be more okay with this if there was always a way to make them stand up. I know you can make them stand up if they're just sitting on the ground, but if they're sitting on a seat there doesn't seem to be a way (unless I'm dumb). Like pls I found you only to not be able to give you your daily gift lol. Waiting around for them to get up and do something else is annoying, because I tend to move onto something else and forget that I haven't given them their gift already.
Yeah, I recently discovered that giving my villagers wrapped high-value gifts will often get me an item that's missing from my catalogue so I've been making more of an effort to give my villagers gifts. Then I get stuck waiting for them to stand up again. At least the fact that the gifts are wrapped helps me remember that I haven't given all of the gifts out yet.

Yeah, I recently discovered that giving my villagers wrapped high-value gifts will often get me an item that's missing from my catalogue so I've been making more of an effort to give my villagers gifts. Then I get stuck waiting for them to stand up again. At least the fact that the gifts are wrapped helps me remember that I haven't given all of the gifts out yet.
Oh is that so? That sounds useful. What's considered in the high-value range if you don't mind me asking? I've been trying to gift certain villagers daily presents in order to boost friendship and get photos. I have two villagers I want to move out so I've been trying to slowly work my way towards earning those photos haha. I've also started wrapping gifts too but I somehow forget even when I have them in my pocket. 😅

Oh is that so? That sounds useful. What's considered in the high-value range if you don't mind me asking? I've been trying to gift certain villagers daily presents in order to boost friendship and get photos. I have two villagers I want to move out so I've been trying to slowly work my way towards earning those photos haha. I've also started wrapping gifts too but I somehow forget even when I have them in my pocket. 😅
I think "high-value" is worth 3,000 bells or more. I saw that number in reference to what Whisp considers an expensive gift, and it seems to be correct so far. Fossils that are part of a set usually work.

I find that I'm more likely to get a new item or variant when I already have high friendship with the villager in question and especially when I have good luck in friendship that day. I've also been getting a lot more villager photos in return.

Why does it feel like my villagers are always cooking instead of crafting?! I already have all of the recipes, but I'm still missing a lot of DIYs. Yet, I keep getting more and more recipes!

I hate how it feels like we're supposed to play this game every day for 2 years in order to complete everything. The K.K. Concert Achievement requires us to attend his concert 100 times, and he only holds the concert once a week! Flick and C.J. only let you order one model each time, there are more than 80 fish and bugs, and they don't show up every week! The birthday Achievement wants us to attend 20 villager birthdays when we can only have 10 villagers on the island at a time. I'm stressed out enough by my goal of playing every day for a full year. I refuse to do this for 2 years.

Why is Drop the Item the first on the list for some items and not others?! I try to drop my turnips and end up eating 10 of them. I try to open a present and end up dropping it.

Back