Ghostly Kitty Plush
Planet Glow Wand
Snowflake Glow Wand
Frost Easter Egg
Disco Ball Easter Egg
White Tulip
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
So it’s been announced. This fall, Pok?mon Sword and Pok?mon Shield for the Nintendo Switch will be released. Who is ready to have another adventure? And what hopes do you have for this game?

I’m ready for a new adventure, I’m even ready for the Fire Starter, Scorbunny. It kinda looks like a Digimon, though.

Cautiously excited for this game! A little nervous because the region looks so small and linear, not much room for exploring! But that's going off a two minute trailer so who can say at this point!

I love the theme of the region though, rumors started about it being a UK based region and I had hyped myself up for that, so I was pleasantly surprised with it being true.

The starters look fantastic, its the first generation in a long while where I've loved all of them and I'm having trouble deciding who to pick. So far I'm thinking Grookey but I also love Sobble. Scorbunny is off-limits, though, my boyfriend always picks the fire starter so I'm letting him continue his tradition haha.

Overall I'm feeling pretty good and excited about Gen 8! I hated Gen 7 with a passion so really I'm just eager for anything to officially push us into Gen 8. I can't wait to see the legendary Pokemon on the boxes, I'm sure they'll be shown in a couple of months.

One thing I do hope for is the return of the National Dex in-game. My favorite part of the games is filling out the national dex and it was a pain switching from Moon to Pokemon Bank and then when I got Ultra Moon I was disappointed because the national dex was already filled in on Bank and I couldn't start it over like I like doing.

Last edited:
Did they bring the underground/mining feature back? Omg :3

Yesss an England region! (All of my listening to British Folk over the last 24 hours paid off! Not really, but I like to think that, don't take it away from me.) I'm so glad to see our second European region. A lot of leaks were pointing toward UK, but a lot were also pointing toward warm/hot and/or tropical regions, too, and that worried me. No more hot/warm tropical regions for a while!

Otherwise the game isn't super impressive at this point. But I know the quality of the games can not be gleamed from trailers at this point. I'll give GF a chance.

oh my god...
where do i even begin...

first, HA, it's not a UK based region.

now, moving on.

the starters look kinda meh to me.
first the grass starter, again with the elemental monkey...
second the fire starter, eh... not bad ( except for the name ) but i hope it improves design wise.
last, the water starter, what even is that ? a tadpole or something ?
anyway, the region from what we just saw looks pretty good.
i had a decent ''map'' look, and from what we saw in the trailer it looks good.
not many pokemon were revealed which i was not all that happy about, hoped to see a few more than just these.
wait...
seriously ?
as Masuda involved in this game ?
OH GOD ******* **** IT :mad:
CAN THIS GUY **** OFF ALREADY FROM THE FRANCHISE ?

now we're getting YET ANOTHER region with NO post game like gen 6 and 7.
really... the only good think he put into pokemon was the Masuda method.

now as i said, the region looks good.
has a decent name i guess ( well, it's better than ''Alola'' ) so that's a plus.
the game names really could be something better than just sword and shield, i mean we're hitting X and Y kinda territory with the ''creativity'' with these names.
now if this was actual footage of in-game cutscenes and game play, this looks really good.
still kinda let's go graphicky though... ( even though they said it won't look like that, so that's them lying to us AGAIN, and showing us how much they care about the player... NOT )

would i buy this game with this information ?
absolutely not.
they could still persuade me if they manage the actually make a good game.
even the red/blue game trailer got me more excited than this, and that ad is nearly 20 years old.

as much as i want to be excited for this game, i just am not impressed enough with what i saw so far.
and since Masuda was involved it will probably be another of those ''press A to win'' kinda game like gen 6 and 7 were.

i hope for nintendo's sake that these games will also be catered to us more ''hardcore'' players like they say in the direct.
if not,... that will be another loogy right in our faces by nintendo like they did with how easy gen 6 and 7 were, and how lack luster, lacking a post game and all.
if they don't they are going to piss a lot of people off, just because they don't want to ''scare away newer players''

again as i said it looks decent, and it is for the switch, so i hope they'll use all of their resources to make this the best game possible ( as of now of course )
i am curious to see what other new pokemon will be joining the fray, and what old pokemon will be accessible in this new region.

also with names like shield and sword, you just know the box legendary will be a glass cannon like pokemon ( like deoxys-A )
and a impenetrable wall ( like deoxys-D )
the last of this trio might actually be an Arceus kinda deal with all stats super high.
i just hope that the rest isn't overpowered like to Tapu's or ultra necrozma or something, we don't need any more of such transformations that make pokemon nye unstoppable.

anyway, that is pretty much all i had to say, sorry about the rant.

This looks nice! I hope (and are pretty certain) this will be more developed then pokemon lets go. After that whole ultra sun and moon bs im kinda glad i skipped go, I needed that break. Nothing about the region is very eye catching at the moment however. I guess we'll learn more about it at e3 i hope. On the topic of starters it looks like we wont be getting a fire fighting this time i hope. The starters all look cute but im keeping with my tradition of picking the fire starter. And lo and behold the fire starter is the cutest.

Im excited to see what this region is bringing! (however a still worried...thanks ult moon/sun)

Oh neat, UK based region. And fire bunny is already my favorite. The names of the games however are kinda weird but ok.

Btw, anyone knows the Japanese names for the starters?

Last edited:
Oh my godddd I'm so glad they didn't keep anything resembling the character models from Let's Go. Wish they could have shown a couple more new pkmn in the clip, the starters aren't super interesting so far but maybe they need time to grow on me P: the monkey is kinda cute I guess. Anyway I like the look of it so far.

The fem protags outfit is so cute I'm excited to see what cosmetic options we have this time ^__^

It looks cute and fun, I'm excited for it. The Welsh starting area is so cute! I'm ready to catch mareep for days lol!

never even played pokemon before but :O the graphics!!

I want it.

The starters are pretty meh to me. I absolutely loved the starter designs from Gen 7; I fell in love with Popplio the first second I saw him. Rowlett and Litten are awesome too. But these guys... they're okay. I like the fire bunny (though his skinny legs are quite strange, but I'm kinda getting over that) but the other two aren't appealing to me at all.

The game itself looks great, but I was really hoping for a feature where the Pokemon can follow me as in HGSS and Let's Go. That didn't seem to be a thing here but who knows, maybe it'll be announced later. Anyways, I read above that someone thinks it looks too linear, and while that is an issue, all the Pokemon games I've played have been very linear in terms of region design and accessibility, so this doesn't bother me.
The region looks okay. Though the name looks strange when read, it sound quite nice to say "Galar Region", it rolls right off the tongue. It also sounds a lot better than Alola.

Finally, the names of the games. Pokemon Sword and Shield? Is that the best they could come up with? Perhaps they have something in mind with this, but it does not make a good impression on me as a long-time Pokemon fan, and I'm sure a lot of other fans are displeased and/or confused. It'll be interesting to see what the legendaries look like for these games (I'm actually surprised they didn't reveal them with this trailer, or at least reveal the silhouettes).

All in all, it's nice to finally get an announcement for these games, and it'll be interesting to see new reveals in the coming months.

To be honest, the names are really fitting for the region they are based on. Has this happened before?

And yes, the starters didn’t look as good this time, but they looked better than the 5th gen and 6th gen ones in my opinion.

Looks alright I guess.

I'm hoping that it doesn't bring much/anything over from Pokemon Lets Go for a start. I'm still sceptical though since I really didn't like Sun/Moon, the only mainline Pokemon games I've not had the interest to finish. I'm not sure if I want them to bring over ideas introduced in that and refine them to make them not 'meh' or drop them altogether, I just can't decide whether I hated the concept or the execution of all that stuff.

Oh, and since we have Pokemon Lets Go around now, I hope they back off on all the handholding with this game. The past few games have gotten more and more patronising and easy, Sun/Moon being more than I could put up with. Maybe even make the games a bit harder, challenge me a bit, because the Pokemon games have never been particularly hard and with 'Lets Go' wearing the label of a Pokemon game for newcomer and 'casual players' it would be nice if the 'main' games raised the bar a bit for everybody else.

And less story/character dialoguestoo. Again, it's been getting more and more the past few games with Sun/Moon being the worst for it. I got sick of getting stopped every 2 minutes whilst an NPC gave me their life story, told me stuff I had already been told and force me to watch another cutscene. I don't mind all the characters having dialogue, but nowhere near as much.

oh my god...
where do i even begin...

first, HA, it's not a UK based region.

I dunno, there's a lot of stuff in the trailer reminiscent of the UK, to name a few:
- Two of the starters, bunny and froggo, are animals fairly common in the UK. Should have made the monkey a field mouse or something.
- That hillside grass art thing is fairly common here.
- Industrial mills were a huge part of the UK, seen in the trailer.
- The UK is filled with countrysides and farmland, as well as buildings/houses similar to those shown prominently in the trailer.
- There's mines in the trailer, the UK at one point having a huge mining job market.
- It shows a football/soccer stadium, football possibly being the most popular sport in the UK.
- There's a snowy area, because the UK is always cold...Except for that one week in summer where we get sun, represented by the fire area (I'm not being serious with this one)

Plus the name, 'sword and shield'. This relates to so much stuff in the UK's history, as well as today actually since we still have castles and all that 'swords and shields' stuff all over the place.

It looks more based on the UK's historical relevancy more than how the UK is today (probably because it would be hard to make a family friendly game world filled with abandoned highstreets, crime and racism), but it's still the UK.

- I love the female protagonist's look
- The region looks way more diverse than Alola in terms of scenery so that's a plus
- Not feeling too hot about the starters. You know I've been playing Pokemon too long when all I can imagine is how they'll be ruined by their evolutions (inb4 the cute bunny turns into a fat ugly fire/fighting type)
- Are both box legendaries going to be wolves? The sword and shield both have wolves on them, which makes me wonder.
- I can almost guarantee the player is going to be given a token Aegislash at some point lol

All in all, it looks good so far. I'm obviously going to get it, but I'd still like to see more of the new Pokemon, especially the box legendaries.

I’m a bit peeved off on how people think the starters are lacking in design, where I like them all. I don’t get it.

Personally, I don’t care about the story in Pokemon games, so I wouldn’t care if it’s bad or not.

About exploration, I do hope they make it to where you wouldn’t forget to go to unimportant areas that don’t mean a thing in the story mode. And have some reason to go back to routes and find some really good items or major side quests.

I'm really excited about this! Being British myself I'm super stoked to see a UK region and I'm in love with the new starters, especially Grookey who is such a lil cutie <3 the graphics look INCREDIBLE too! I can't wait~

Back