• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Your very first video game system?

NES
Yes, I'm old.

Right there with ya!

I grew up with an Intellivision, Atari 2600, and NES. Couldn't tell you which was my first, I'm pretty sure my family had all of them before I was born or right around that time, lol.

My very first gaming systems that were ~my own~ were my yellow Gameboy Color and my purple Gamecube, both of which were gifts around the time I was 10.
Everything prior to that was more of a 'family console', but by then I was the only kid left at home and my parents didn't play as much.

Mine was the PS1.
;v; I still have it (but it finally broke from god knows what sigh sigh)

- - - Post Merge - - -

But my older brother's was the NES, apparently and I was too young to remember it.

Last edited:
Sega Genesis, played Sonic the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2 to death at my grandmother's. My first console that was really mine was the Game Boy Color or N64.

Mine was the PlayStation, but idk which one b3cause I was only like 3-4 and I don't think I have that console with me anymore but I tell ya it was somewhat more than a decade ago, I remember playing mickey mouse in black and white ^^

The original XBOX. The one I can remember more is the Wii. I was first years of Elementary School then.

The first game system I owned was a Gameboy Color (well, my dad got it for me). I still have it. I had a Pokemon game and a Sabrina The Teenage Witch game. Can't remember if I had any other games sadly. I think the first game system I ever played on was the original Playstation though.

Super Nintendo was my first system!

My first games were Super Mario World (thank the Lord I had this in my childhood), and Star Wars Super Empire Strikes Back + Return of the Jedi. Those were my favorites for years until I started exploring other video games.

Gamecube, im pretty sure. My birth dad was a gamer, so whenever I went to his house, he would lunge the controller in my hands. I also played Gameboy advanced SP, and he let me keep the one from my childhood ^.^

My first was snes. It was a hand-me-down from my older cousin. I used to play it for hours on end when we would visit his house and eventually he gave it to me when he lost interest. Same with his sega cd.

my first system was a PS1! i even still have the spyro games from way back then, too! :p

My first was the PS1. I think it was a gift from a family friend. I only really had like 5 games for it. I them got the PS2 that Christmas and played it more as I had way more games for it.

Back then I wasn't exactly a gamer, so it was a Wii I never asked for. :p

My first system was the NES!

Actually, now that I think about it that's not true. My very first console was a VTech Socrates but it sucked so it doesn't count

image.jpg

Did anyone else have one of these???

Last edited:
My first system was a PlayStation. I got it for Christmas in 1999, right on the cusp of the PS2's release (but I didn't get a PS2 until I bought one used nearly a decade later). I still count one of the games I got the same day, Ape Escape, as one of my favorite games ever.

Back