• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Your first console?

Mokuren

Bells
Switch
1228-4657-4697
Island
What was your first console? I think mine was the sega saturn and/or the snes. My first own console was the classic game boy with black/white screen... Wow I feel old lol

My first exposure to games and game consoles in general is definitely the PlayStation 1.

As for the first console I actually own, it would be the Nintendo DS especially the DSi variant.

My first console, like very own one was the GameBoy Color in Neongreen! I still would like to get it again, but eh.. not going to use it 🥲

The first one I got to play was the NES, but it wasn't mine. Even though that was during the 90s, I wouldn't get to own a console or handheld myself until the Nintendo DS in 2008.

Mine was a gameboy pocket, still got it somewhere on my room~ (but not sure if still works)

My first one was a Wii! Some of my earliest memories are playing Wii Sports Resort at Easter with my family.

the wii, my brother and i used to play with it every friday because we weren’t allowed to on the weekends. our favorite games were the lego games (indiana jones, starwars), donkey kong country returns, and wii sports. i still turn on the wii to play wii sports sometimes for the memories.

The first console I played was the Sega Genesis that both my older sibling and I used. My older sibling technically had an NES and SNES but I never bothered with them and the only thing I cared about on the SNES was EarthBound; I kind of regret not being into the Nintendo side back then as I've gotten older.

The first consoles that were purely mine were the Game Boy Color (handheld) and Nintendo 64 ( "regular" console). Thanks, Pokémon!

The 3DS XL. A blue variant. I wish I still had it but my little brother snapped it in half. For some reason I thought gluing it or taping it back together would work (yes I was really that stupid), but when I went to do that my parents already threw it away. I got a replacement later.

Ours was a sega Saturn I believe then not too long after we got a Nintendo 64 and after that we probably had every console possible 😅

First console that was my own was a DS Lite. My Dad had a PlayStation 1 that he let me play as a kid though. Which he gave to me when I got older.

First console that was truly mine was a used PSP, my parents owned an NES from before I was born so idk if that counts

mine was a grey nintendo ds lite! my mom got it for me for christmas one year, along with a copy of wild world and a couple of other ds games!

Mine was the Nintendo DS Lite in red! I still have it and play on it to this day—the L/R buttons are a little bit iffy now and I feel like its battery life isn't as good as it used to be, but I'm just happy it still works. ^^ DS-era games are a blast and while I'm glad the 3DS is back-compatible in case my DS ever stops working, playing them on the original hardware is super nostalgic ahaha.

mine was a white Nintendo DS Lite! I still have it and it still works. holding and playing makes me become nostalgic. plus, there were so many great games on the DS!

Game Boy and PS1.

First console that was solely mine was a Game Boy Color my parents bought me as a Christmas gift the year it was released.

My first console was a Nintendo DS lite. It took a LOT of convincing for my mum to allow it, hence why I was "late" to the world of video games and consoles.

intellivision.jpg

My first console was the Intellivision.My brother and I scraped together the money($169.99 on sale at J.C. Penney)to buy this thing and we had a ton of fun with it.It's really primitive compared to today's machines but I'd love to get another one.

Back