• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Your best/favrite ways to make bells

SilkSpectre

Tiffany's #1 Fan
Bells
Poptart Easter Egg
December Birthstone (Turquoise)
Red Rose
Tasty Cake
Red Tulip
The Bell Tree Fair 2016 Patch
Red Pansy
Orange (Fruit)
Red Cosmos
Apple (Fruit)
*favorite
I used to sell fruit or (I started just this past winter) collect snowflakes for the snow ma'am, then the feathers for Pave. Now I catch sharks and bugs from the island to sell at re-tail. What advice do you have? I notice people here have a lot of igb!

Last edited:
I like using the island beetle method~ There's tons of guides for it and I can make 1mill+ in one night easily! :D It's fun too~ You can alter your island so it's more likely to spawn the beetles and less likely to spawn butterflies... My friends and I even make a get-together of it and visit the island for rare beetles! Though the more people, the easier it is to scare the beetles... It's still a ton of fun!

Last edited:
Going to the island after 5pm and catching all the rare bugs. I can get hundreds of thousands of bells easily just by catching those and selling.

Island bug catching is my preferred method. I'm doing that now on my second character to get enough money for paying off house loans. It helps :3

I start of by using the money rock/ore method and sell fossils to recycle (they appear all year round so no need to worry about not being able to get the fossil you need for the collection) and my favourite is fishing :p

I do the perfect fruit method! It's a lot less time consuming for me.
I'll have to look into that. I unfortunately sold my first perfect oranges as a newbie and am unsure of how to go about trying to get perfects to happen again.

Thanks all for the great input. I will be looking into the beetle guide! :)

I used to sell turnips and make millions out of it. That was fun. :)

I'll have to look into that. I unfortunately sold my first perfect oranges as a newbie and am unsure of how to go about trying to get perfects to happen again.

Thanks all for the great input. I will be looking into the beetle guide! :)

Oooh! I can help out with that! Sent you a VM <3

I prefer perfect fruit because i like landscaping. But since theres not a lot of space for fruit I do turnips when I have the opportunity.

I loved the shark method, where you press save and continue if you can't find any sharks, because they respawn with every save. Fishing for sharks is just really fun for me.

During the summer time island bug/fish will show up for premium. The Goliath Beetle that is easy to catch will give you 12K. The same price as the golden stag. That's the easy one with no risk. A couple of trips to the island and you can make enough bells to pay for a loan and money for the bank.

Watching the board for high turnip prices on Sunday. Some players towns are on a different date or leave their game on that date for awhile. You can buy/sell on the same date with no risk.

Growing perfect fruit and selling it at premium in another person town that doesn't have your fruit will make you a lot of bells. A basket sold at premium in another town will give you 54K. I store perfect fruit in my spare players locker. A locker, pockets and letter full will get you 11 million bells.

Having another 3DS helps. I have a spare town that just grows perfect fruit. The villagers can't move since the players are in tents and don't speak to the villagers so the fruit trees are safe. If I get high turnip prices I freeze the town and wait for a Sunday. Buy a lot and than sell.

Selling tbt for igb. I'm a cheater, I know. But I don't have the patience of doing the island for hours and hours like I used to. I'm active enough on this site that I can rack up the tbt rather quickly. And the exchange rate makes it totally worth it.

Right now I'm the island method but would like to try some of the other ways I read here. :) thx you guys are great

I usually just catch rare beetles and sharks on the island and sell 'em, and now that it's summer, I'm also catching a ton of dorados and arapaimas to sell too. c:

Also love getting my free 5000 bells every time I update my dream town. xD

Selling tbt for igb. I'm a cheater, I know. But I don't have the patience of doing the island for hours and hours like I used to. I'm active enough on this site that I can rack up the tbt rather quickly. And the exchange rate makes it totally worth it.
I don't see that as cheating. :D Going to try this out too!

I like to shake trees as I go around town scouting for fossils. If I see a bug on my way, I catch it for extra bells. :D
And when a villager asks for a fish or bug I catch lots of bugs or fish as well to sell as extra. I haven't been to the island for awhile but that's also one of my favorites. :cool:
There's also a way to exploit certain campers for money too. So whenever I get a camper I go play games with them to rack up those bells!

Back