• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Yoshi's Woolly World

How do you even get it? I guess the yarn amiibo won't work and the Smash Amiibo apparently does nothing. Does it need to be the SMW Yoshi?

I'm ordering it when I get paid anyway but it's a little odd if it specifically that Yoshi Amiibo.

If you're talking about the plastic yoshi skin, both the smash and super Mario yoshi amiibo unlock it

If you're talking about the plastic yoshi skin, both the smash and super Mario yoshi amiibo unlock it

Yea, that's what I meant.

The Smash Yoshi didn't unlock anything when I tried...Guess I'll try it again when I go back on it.

Yea, that's what I meant.

The Smash Yoshi didn't unlock anything when I tried...Guess I'll try it again when I go back on it.

I don't have the smash yoshi, but I guess try again. Everywhere I read says both work, and both the smash and SM run the same nFC chip and data, so there's no reason it shouldn't work. Also when I scanned my yoshi (super Mario), the model for the smash yoshi came up on screen, so there's no way the smash yoshi wouldn't work if it's models in the game.

Iirc I scanned mine in during a level, maybe try that?

Last edited:
Iirc I scanned mine in during a level, maybe try that?

I scanned it in a level and I've unlocked it now :)

If you scan it in the Amiibo hut it just tells you to use it in a level for double Yoshi. I kinda thought it functioned as a Yarn Yoshi from that and only gives you the double Yoshi power up.

Last edited:
I can only unlock the following Yoshi costumes for now. I need to find duplicates of some more amiibo before I can unlock other ones.

Mario Amiibo costume
Link Amiibo costume
Wii Fit Trainer Amiibo costume
Kirby Amiibo costume
Marth Amiibo costume
Zelda Amiibo costume
Diddy Kong Amiibo costume
Luigi Amiibo costume
Captain Falcon Amiibo costume
Bowser Amiibo costume
Toon-Link Amiibo costume
Shulk Amiibo costume
Sonic Amiibo costume
Mega Man Amiibo costume
King Dedede Amiibo costume
Wario Amiibo costume
Palutena Amiibo costume
Dark Pit Amiibo costume
Zero Suit Samus Amiibo costume
Ganondorf Amiibo costume
Toad Amiibo costume
Inkling Boy Amiibo costume
Inkling Girl Amiibo costume
Inkling Squid Amiibo costume

Last edited:
I can only unlock the following Yoshi costumes for now. I need to find duplicates of some more amiibo before I can unlock other ones.

Mario Amiibo costume
Link Amiibo costume
Wii Fit Trainer Amiibo costume
Kirby Amiibo costume
Marth Amiibo costume
Zelda Amiibo costume
Diddy Kong Amiibo costume
Luigi Amiibo costume
Captain Falcon Amiibo costume
Bowser Amiibo costume
Toon-Link Amiibo costume
Shulk Amiibo costume
Sonic Amiibo costume
Mega Man Amiibo costume
King Dedede Amiibo costume
Wario Amiibo costume
Palutena Amiibo costume
Dark Pit Amiibo costume
Zero Suit Samus Amiibo costume
Ganondorf Amiibo costume
Toad Amiibo costume
Inkling Boy Amiibo costume
Inkling Girl Amiibo costume
Inkling Squid Amiibo costume

That's a lot of costumes.

Is that all your Amiibo, or do you have more?

Anybody here who already has the game and can say a couple of things about it? Is it worth getting? My holidays are starting next week and I'm considering buying the game.

For the Americans on here... I understand your grief over the release date but as a European, I can say that the majority of the time you guys are the ones who get the games earlier and we are the ones who have to wait several months more. Now you understand our misfortune XDD

Anybody here who already has the game and can say a couple of things about it? Is it worth getting? My holidays are starting next week and I'm considering buying the game.

For the Americans on here... I understand your grief over the release date but as a European, I can say that the majority of the time you guys are the ones who get the games earlier and we are the ones who have to wait several months more. Now you understand our misfortune XDD
But we do not have those wonderful, amazing store exclusive amiibo... XD

I can say that it's definitely worth it. I picked it up today and it feels a lot like classic Yoshi's Island with the benefit of not having to listen to Baby Mario's screaming.

Also you can use your Amiibo to get some pretty sweet designs. My personal recommendation is using the Inkling Girl.

Last edited:
@ Earth Wolf-Howl

That sounds great! I played the original Yoshi's Island but never picked up the later games of the series. I heard that those newer games were not as good as the orignal... But yeah, it's cool that Woolly World comes closer to the original! I hope it's not one of those games that can be beat in a few hours and then you never go back to play them anymore.

I would say it's worth getting, it's a really good game so far. I can't say how long it takes to beat or complete though since I've not finished it myself yet. It's one of the things I have on the back of my mind as I play and won't know until I've reached the end ; - ;

If anything, it's worth getting for the fact that it's one of the few Yoshi games where you're not carting around a damn useless baby all the time. I wish the lack of 'baby *character*' was a more regular thing.

@ Earth Wolf-Howl

That sounds great! I played the original Yoshi's Island but never picked up the later games of the series. I heard that those newer games were not as good as the orignal... But yeah, it's cool that Woolly World comes closer to the original! I hope it's not one of those games that can be beat in a few hours and then you never go back to play them anymore.

I don't think it will be due to the extra stages you can unlock, like in the original, with those flowers, stamps collected from beads/gems/whatever they are, and even those bundles of yarn you get to make alternate Yoshi costumes.

I've played DS, and I can agree that it wasn't as fun as the original was.

I don't think it will be due to the extra stages you can unlock, like in the original, with those flowers, stamps collected from beads/gems/whatever they are, and even those bundles of yarn you get to make alternate Yoshi costumes.

I've played DS, and I can agree that it wasn't as fun as the original was.

It depends how much of it you manage to do on your first run through though since you could get everything in one go if you wanted to. I guess that will take extra time anyway since you'll still be exploring the map properly for every secret.

It wasn't as fun but it was still okay. I think the only Yoshi games I really didn't like were the Puzzle game on Gameboy and Touch and Go, the glorified full retail price tech-demo -.-

It depends how much of it you manage to do on your first run through though since you could get everything in one go if you wanted to. I guess that will take extra time anyway since you'll still be exploring the map properly for every secret.

It wasn't as fun but it was still okay. I think the only Yoshi games I really didn't like were the Puzzle game on Gameboy and Touch and Go, the glorified full retail price tech-demo -.-

Yeah, pretty much. You can either go back once you know the levels, or try it all in one shot.

It was still a pretty decent game, yes, albeit a little frustrating in some places. Then again, the original could have been the same; I don't think I ever got that far.

Im crying I want this game so badly but i wont have time to play when school starts and thats when the release is

Im crying I want this game so badly but i wont have time to play when school starts and thats when the release is

hang in there, sista! why not think of it positively? at least the game IS coming out :p

Ik that's a joke but i actually was considering that for a while

- - - Post Merge - - -

hang in there, sista! why not think of it positively? at least the game IS coming out :p
Because school is garbage and I took too many AP classes

my kind dedede amiibo hasnt arrived yet how am i supposed to play fjsdjgfdsl

Back