• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

YO-KAI WATCH

I love this game and I've been hooked. Right now I'm trying to get Komasura and I don't know where I'm supposed to get Golden Tofu. >.<

you will get it from Mama Aura.. Bring some Yo-Kai who has Greed ability.. its to increase drop item rate.

I'm still mad this isn't out in Europe yet it's in Australia...

I'm still mad this isn't out in Europe yet it's in Australia...
yeah.. i don't think i'll get it when it comes out.. seen too many let's plays already..
they still don't even have a release date for it, so idk..

maybe i wait for yokai watch busters or 3 -_-;

I saw a commercial for this while I was sitting in the dentist's chair the other day. Of all places.

It really just reminded me of all the other almost-Pokemons that have fallen by the wayside over the years. Zatch Bell, Beyblade even. Things like that. There was a little cat looking thing that was kind of cute though, so I'm tempted to look it up for that very reason...

I played the demo for this game and I wasn't very fond of it. I'd rather spend my time building my Pokemon team on X & Y. What makes it fun and worth playing?

I played the demo for this game and I wasn't very fond of it. I'd rather spend my time building my Pokemon team on X & Y. What makes it fun and worth playing?

The demo doesn't really show off the real gameplay of the actual game I dunno I never actually played the demo but I think the game is fun.

Yo-Kai Watch

Yo-Kai Watch isn't out in Europe yet, but the eShop does have a demo. So I tried that and the result was that I'm very much undecided about buying this game, ha ha.

I absolutely loved the graphics and music, so that's definitely a plus for me. But I found the combat system to be rather... I guess I can say "stressful"? I was so focused on the bottom screen that I had no idea what was going on in the battle itself and the mini games reminded me a little of Fantasy Life (which makes sense, I guess) and I didn't like them at all in that game (mostly because I simply wasn't good at them).

Mostly I'm wondering how I could enjoy the battle system without stressing out. Battles in Fantasy Life could be rather intense, but at least I didn't need to use the stylus there. Part of me likes that the battles are done in real time but I'm honestly not sure I'd enjoy it simply because so much is going on at the same time.

So if anyone has any advice, that would be most helpful. Even if you're going to say "don't buy it, you'll regret it", that's fine too! I know the actual game has a lot more to offer than the demo, but well, the battle system is important so it's a rather large factor for me in deciding whether to buy this or not.

Thanks in advance! <3

it is totally worth it. beat the game already and there is still some nice post storyline play.

Yo-Kai Watch isn't out in Europe yet, but the eShop does have a demo. So I tried that and the result was that I'm very much undecided about buying this game, ha ha.

I absolutely loved the graphics and music, so that's definitely a plus for me. But I found the combat system to be rather... I guess I can say "stressful"? I was so focused on the bottom screen that I had no idea what was going on in the battle itself and the mini games reminded me a little of Fantasy Life (which makes sense, I guess) and I didn't like them at all in that game (mostly because I simply wasn't good at them).

Mostly I'm wondering how I could enjoy the battle system without stressing out. Battles in Fantasy Life could be rather intense, but at least I didn't need to use the stylus there. Part of me likes that the battles are done in real time but I'm honestly not sure I'd enjoy it simply because so much is going on at the same time.

So if anyone has any advice, that would be most helpful. Even if you're going to say "don't buy it, you'll regret it", that's fine too! I know the actual game has a lot more to offer than the demo, but well, the battle system is important so it's a rather large factor for me in deciding whether to buy this or not.

Thanks in advance! <3

This is exactly how I felt when I started playing, but personally I thought the 'stress' of the battle actually added a lot to the gameplay - battles felt challenging and engaging to me, especially as you progress further into the game. The battles never felt stale, even after playing for several hours and after building up a powerful team, I never had the feeling that I could just steamroll through battles.

At first I just thought it was a case of hitting the Soultimate move whenever the Soul Meter was full to wipe the enemy out as quickly as possible, but I soon found out that it was much more rewarding to use strategy to win battles. The boss fights were amazing for this; trying to figure out their weaknesses while keeping on top of your team's HP, and also rushing to purify them was really fun.

Also, I don't know whether it's already been said but Europe finally has a release date - 29th April! (Source)

Shameles review plug: http://animalcrossingworld.com/2015/11/yo-kai-watch-review/ There's a lengthy section on the battles.

Thank you so much for the review, Justin! <3 I think I might end up buying this game when it comes out in Europe. It looks like something I might enjoy even though at the same time it looks complicated, LOL.

That post dates from November 6, 2015. So I'd like to point out that I'm totally blaming YOU for getting me interested in this game, Justin. <3

Seriously, though, the only reason I'm hesitating is because of the battle system. It may sound stupid but I already have enough stress at work, I don't need any more when I'm playing a game, you know? ;-;

Last edited:
That post dates from November 6, 2015. So I'd like to point out that I'm totally blaming YOU for getting me interested in this game, Justin. <3

Seriously, though, the only reason I'm hesitating is because of the battle system. It may sound stupid but I already have enough stress at work, I don't need any more when I'm playing a game, you know? ;-;

Wow I did it twice to you? Oops...

Hope you decide on picking it up! I would say only the boss battles are really stressing, regular battles are fine for the most part. And of course like most games, you can always over-grind/level if you want them to be easier / less stressful!

My brother has a NA card, and from what I've seen it's terrible. I hate games with those combat systems, completely still with autoattacks and a few abilities. Ugh.

I love this game. I wouldn't say it's Pokemon killer though. I think there's room for two monster collectathons. And this one is plenty different. Can't wait for the sequels!

Wow I did it twice to you? Oops...

Hope you decide on picking it up! I would say only the boss battles are really stressing, regular battles are fine for the most part. And of course like most games, you can always over-grind/level if you want them to be easier / less stressful!

Well, I've placed a preorder for it with Amazon France, though I'm still not 100% sure about buying it. But I really like the graphics and music and I enjoy playing different games so I really want to give it a try. ^_^

Last edited:
IT'S SEEEEEQUEEEEEEL TIME BOYS!

yokai-watch-2-art.jpg

Nintendo dropped the PR for the second game coming to North America today. There's two versions like in Japan and they're both releasing on September 30th. Hoping I'll get to review this one too.

The Yo-Kai Invasion Continues! YO-KAI WATCH 2 Launches in the U.S. on Sept. 30
New Hasbro Toys and New Season of the Show are Also Coming This Year

REDMOND, Wash., May 16, 2016 – The Yo-kai phenomenon continues in 2016. The U.S. has seen the launches of the YO-KAI WATCH video game for Nintendo 3DS, a line of Hasbro toys and games, a top-rated animated series that airs on Disney XD and the mobile game sensation YO-KAI WATCH Wibble Wobble all in the last six months. The world of Yo-kai continues to grow as new video games, toys and shows make their way stateside this year.

All things Yo-kai continue on Sept. 30 when YO-KAI WATCH 2 launches in the U.S. exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Already a huge hit in Japan, the sequel to the first smash hit, which is once again developed by LEVEL-5, offers the same deep RPG gameplay and wacky adventures as the first game. The new adventure also offers many new areas to explore outside of Springdale, more than 100 new Yo-kai, a new-and-improved in-game Yo-kai Watch and even the ability to travel back in time! YO-KAI WATCH 2 will also launch with two versions, YO-KAI WATCH 2: Bony Spirits and YO-KAI WATCH 2: Fleshy Souls, each featuring rare Yo-kai that can only be found in their respective games.

“After being such a massive sensation in Japan, it’s great to see the U.S. start to embrace the mischievous and lovable Yo-kai,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s Executive Vice President of Sales & Marketing. “We’re excited to continue bringing fun Yo-kai experiences stateside this year.”

To expand the Yo-kai brand, Hasbro will add new items to its YO-KAI WATCH line this fall. New toys include the YO-KAI WATCH MODEL ZERO, designed to look like the watch worn by Nate in Season 2 of the animated series. The watch includes YO-MOTION TECHNOLOGY that brings Yo-kai characters to life in a new way. Fans can insert a YO-MOTION YO-KAI MEDAL into the watch and see a projected animation of that character. Hasbro will also release a new series of collectible YO-MOTION YO-KAI MEDALS, which are compatible with the new watch, as well as custom YO-KAI WATCH accessories, large plush toys and electronic figures. Additionally, fans will be able to collect and trade their favorite YO-KAI WATCH characters in a new way with the YO-KAI WATCH Trading Card Game.

Disney XD has acquired a second season of the YO-KAI WATCH animated TV show, which will premiere this summer. This season, join Nate, Whisper and Jibanyan as they get the new Yo-kai Watch Model Zero. But just because he has a new watch, that doesn’t mean Nate’s life will get any easier. Season 2 has more Yo-kai, more miniseries, more episodes and, most importantly, more laughs! Tune in to see how a new cast of Yo-kai interrupts Nate’s normal life in unexpected and hilarious ways. Fans who missed the first season can catch up before the second season starts by picking up the DVD of YO-KAI WATCH – Season 1 in stores late 2016 or by streaming the show on Netflix now. Fans can also catch the YO-KAI WATCH manga series from VIZ Media (Volume 5 debuts this month).

Finally, all of your favorite Yo-kai have wobbled into a hit mobile app called YO-KAI WATCH Wibble Wobble. This Top Ten app on the iTunes store brings the fun of Yo-kai characters into smart devices with a puzzle-game twist. With new events coming monthly, this game will continue to grow bigger and better.

The original YO-KAI WATCH video game introduced people in the U.S. to the mysterious Yo-kai. In Japan, these invisible beings – not ghosts or spirits … just Yo-kai! – are steeped in folklore and based on common concerns that everyday citizens have. If a child misplaces homework or an adult can’t stop babbling at a work meeting, for instance, it’s probably the work of a troublesome Yo-kai.

Back