• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

YO-KAI WATCH

My full review of the game is up now for anyone interested. Link is in my signature.

The impression I got from reading your review was that overall you really liked the game, but you felt like you had to mention a downside to it for some reason, even if it wasn't really a big deal at all. It's okay for a review to be all good if you feel that way.

The impression I got from reading your review was that overall you really liked the game, but you felt like you had to mention a downside to it for some reason, even if it wasn't really a big deal at all. It's okay for a review to be all good if you feel that way.

You're definitely right that I really liked the game! The issue with the befriending Yokai isn't an issue that bothers me a ton since I don't personally care much about catching them all, which is why the review is very positive regardless, but I think it's something very important to mention as for many it could be a big issue. It's a pretty big aspect of this type of game for a lot of folks. If that's what you like to do, it's gonna be a frustrating time.

I see where you're coming from though and I think it depends on how what you think a review should be. Even if it's not something that bothered me enough to dislike the game for it, that doesn't mean it's not worth mentioning, especially if you think that others will be bothered by it. Suppose it's a matter of whether you think a review should be simply someone's experience and nothing else, or more of a buyer's guide as well.

Thanks for the feedback regardless, I'll keep it in mind. :)

I'm still near the beginning, but I'm having a ton of fun finding and battling Yo-kai!

Idk why people have been complaining about the battle system. I think it's pretty fun.

Catching Yo-kai can be a pain though. My favorite Yo-kai so far are Komasan, Kyubi, Signibble, and Bloominoko.

Catching Yo-kai can be a pain though.

only seen let's plays so far since it's not out here, but that really seems to be the case hehe.. good thing you can get a lot of them and rare ones via the crank-a-kai.

some people on reddit started listing all the qr's and passwords for the english version for free coins & items that keep coming out https://www.reddit.com/r/yokaiwatch/comments/3ryzna/updating_list_of_qr_codes/
they tend to update pretty frequently and have some guides too. I guess you can check "yokai watch qr" on twitter too sometimes.

yep komasan is pretty great ^^ the little ice cream thief ^^

ok well hope you're all having fun with the game.

Last edited:
And this game, being a Pokemon ripoff, turns out to have two mascot "Yo-Kai" or whatever. A two-tailed Charmander cat and a weird ghost thing.

And this game, being a Pokemon ripoff, turns out to have two mascot "Yo-Kai" or whatever. A two-tailed Charmander cat and a weird ghost thing.

have you played the game, or at least tried the demo? If you haven't than you should try because it, while having some similarities to Pokemon, is also quite different. (I enjoy it more than Pokemon lmao)

its not like pokemon.. people really need to get over that comparison.. (it's more like Dragon Warrior Monsters if anything.. and that only in parts too..) anyway *yawn*

did anyone get any rare yokai at the crank-a-kai yet?

Last edited:
its not like pokemon.. people really need to get over that comparison.. (it's more like Dragon Warrior Monsters if anything.. and that only in parts too..) anyway *yawn*

did anyone get any rare yokai at the crank-a-kai yet?
I got a few, I got Noko and Wiglin last week and yesterday I got Alloo.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Yeah it feels nothing like playing pokemon, the battles are more chaotic and keep you on your toes, and the designs for the monsters are completely different in terms of pokemon's usual art style. Also the story focuses more on everday life as a kid and little conflicts instead going from gym to gym. There's quests and a lot more exploration focus compared to pokemon.

Also the game's graphics are some of the best on the 3ds.

My friend is obsessed with this game. D'you think it might be discounted for Nintendo's Black Friday sale? I seriously doubt it but wishful thinking can't hurt ^_^

Discount Pokemon for younger kids that the game has it's like Pokemon Go before Pokemon Go was Pokemon Go?

With 198 guys who AREN'T the cat or ghost?

Been watching the anime for quite many episodes and it seems interesting with all the Japanese mythological creatures and their abilities. Might as well pick-it up when it comes to stores.

I haven't even checked out any preview videos (expect the Nintendo Direct one) or trailers or LPs for the Japanese version... Hmm. Maybe it's better that way? Maybe a few trailers?

The boys at Levels just stole Game Freak's prized formula about RPGitude and made their OWN game out of it, just like Bandai and Capcom.

Mr. Krabs is Game Freak, and Plankton is those other guys.

yeah :( i love pokemon tbh and i just started watching the pokemon anime... it is BOSS (PLZ NO HATE)

Last edited:
Just got my Australian import copy today, I can't believe there is still no European release date...

I got it for Christmas and have been hooked to it ever since, it is similar to Pokemon like everyone above me has stated, but that's why I enjoy it BUT i enjoy how it's alot more complicated in the aspect of befriending Yo-Kai, I've spent the past 4 days hunting down the S rank and rare yo-kai and this opened another world to me lol It feels harder than Shiny Hunting for me and I can't wait until they import the other games to NA

I love this game and I've been hooked. Right now I'm trying to get Komasura and I don't know where I'm supposed to get Golden Tofu. >.<

Back