• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Yanrima's gallery and sketch corner

Thank you for the compliment! I've been in hooked in Splatoon since Splatoon 2. I happened to have a gallery thread featuring my Splatoon posts I did in both Splatoon 2 and 3 here if you are interested.

(although that's my squidsona, I barely made an OC for a fandom but I'll try. Most of my OC were just completely original stuff I made )
Wooooooow these are so cool what?!?! You have my utmost respect - I struggle really hard to draw in splatoon 3. do you use a stylus? The halftoning is incredible and just imagining the hours you must have spent adding pixel by pixel hurts my brain. I want your art in my plaza!

Wooooooow these are so cool what?!?! You have my utmost respect - I struggle really hard to draw in splatoon 3. do you use a stylus? The halftoning is incredible and just imagining the hours you must have spent adding pixel by pixel hurts my brain. I want your art in my plaza!
I use the stylus with the disc for the rough (or base) sketch in portable mode of the switch, then I finalized the drawing on TV mode of the switch using the pro controllers for the halftone coloring. Hope this helps! 😊

Lineless villager portraits featured in my island journal Part 2
(It's usually considered quick art but here's the other half of the Royale-3's villagers, enjoy! 😊)
Francine.png

Sherb.png

Roald.png

Chai.png

Julian.png

Here's my fully finished drawing of my Agent 4's. Their names are Castor (on the right) and Callisto (on the left).
They're both detectives currently residing in Splatsville.
twinagents.png

-They currently worked for the detective agency located in Splatsville shortly after they leave Squidbeak Splatoon years ago.

-Despite them leaving, they've been given hero gear replica as a parting gift from the Squidbeak Splatoon. Whether the one who gifts them hero gear replica is presumably Marie or Cuttlefish is still unknown.

-The hero headphones were heavily modified by the detective agency after the recruitment of Agent 4 (Shown above).

-Both were considered role models of the detective club and the detective agency because of their studious attitude. But Castor himself never finds such praise necessary and often times, pushes himself too hard and overly critical of everyone even himself. He is an expert in navigating through most places and analyzing things. He also deeply cares for his sister's wellbeing.

-Callisto on the other hand, finds happiness in basically travelling around whether it was with Castor or just her alone. She became good friends with Agent 8 (named Oz) after their encounter in the deepsea metro. Both Callisto and Oz keep in touch by sharing messages and their interests after the events of Octo Expansion. She is also terrified of Agent 3 at the same time, admire him as a role model.

What Castor and Callisto think of others:

Marie
Castor:
Marie huh? For an idol beloved by many, I cannot wrap around that attitude of hers especially how she treats Callisto by calling her 'Agent Snore' when we first meet her. For some reason I still can't stand her attitude until now. Especially what she said to my sister.

Callisto: I think Marie just has a different side to her especially dealing with many fans and her job as an agent. We're basically on good terms now. I hope that she still does well. I kinda miss her. I just hope that Castor never starts a fight with Marie if we meet each other again.

Oz (Agent 8)
Castor:
Callisto seems to be in a good mood when seeing him. I hope that he's doing well in the surface. I wish him nothing but happiness, finding the light at the end of the dark tunnel. I hope we could find a way to meet him again.

Callisto: You don't know how much I appreciate Oz as one of my best friends along with my brother!
There's so many cool things about Oz that I want to tell you!
One time, He sent me a picture of Inkopolis tower over at the chat and it looks pretty! We're going to visit Inkopolis plaza real soon, it looks fun!

Cuttlefish
Castor:
We met this man at the deepsea metro, he seems to be brimming with energy despite his age.

Callisto: Is he the grandpa of Agent 3?

Castor:....I don't think that's his grandpa,
Callisto. He's more of a mentor to me.

Callisto: Oh...My mistake!
Still both of them are super cool though!

Agent 3
Castor:
Agent 3....I can't help but feel sadness about his fate. The one who risked his life bringing the Great Zapfish back to Inkopolis. Only for him to not be remembered and suffered at the hands of the deepsea metro. forgotten by many, remembered by the few. My only wish is that he will be cherished and remembered for his accomplishments.

Callisto: A-Agent 3 is s-super scary especially when he is brainwashed by that phone! And worse of all, he nearly caught me with that sunken scroll on the way to the surface. B-but, he saved Oz from that blender, right?
I h-hope he's nice to us now that's he's free from that phone's influence..

Here's the finished art of Dex! 😊
Dex.png

-He is the new agent and the next to hold the title "Agent 3" after the former Agent 3 took up the role of "Captain" since Cuttlefish's retirement.

-He is usually accompanied by a smallfry in which he saved from the mysterious attacker at the beach. Ever since the rescue, they became the closest of friends. Dex never treated Little Buddy as a pet. Rather, as a friend to stick together through thick and thin.

-He originally came from a tiny village not far from Splatsville before moving to the city after Splatsville received visitors from Inkopolis and the increase in terms of population.

-He didn't make many friends and socialize all his life until he became Agent 3. Despite that, He lived a carefree life traversing through the heated desert of the Splatlands and wandered around the beach area.

-He enjoys reading about the fantastical pirate stories and the majestic sailing ships of old. His outfit is modified by him so that he can dress like the pirates he dreamed of. His hobbies are seaglass collecting and ship model building.

-He sometimes speak in pirate language but he only does that when being alone.

-His relationship with the Captain was more of a brotherly one, looking after each other. With the Captain willing to befriend the new agent in some way. Dex admired him as a role model (without fearing him unlike Callisto)

Dex never fully understand the Squid Sisters but he finds Deep Cut interesting.

Last edited:
Your art is great! I love how the brush adds texture but you just got such clean shapes and compositions. The scenes you put characters into arr really cute, keep it up :)

Your art is great! I love how the brush adds texture but you just got such clean shapes and compositions. The scenes you put characters into arr really cute, keep it up :)
Thank you for your compliment! 🥰
I've been practicing and experimenting on lighting and shading in art. I've always find that part of making art satisfying along with drawing backgrounds.

Back