• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Would you go into the game blind?

Shellzilla_515

F1 fan who loves onions
Bells
Switch
4129-2347-0028
Purple Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Blue Hybrid Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
White Hyacinth
Golden Watering Can
Yellow Hyacinth
In other words, will you dive into the game without completely knowing what the game will be like when it comes out? Sure, we don't have any idea what it looks like right now but further down the line, Nintendo will likely spill the beans and give us an idea what the game is all about (game mechanics, villagers, etc.). Personally, I'd like to go into the game blind but seeing as how it's almost impossible to avoid hearing news, it's gonna be hard not spoiling the game. And apparently, Animal Crossing is considered a life sim (but correct me if I'm wrong) and in life, you don't know what's going to happen to you and expect the unexpected. Well those are my thoughts anyway and I don't want to have high expectations only to be a bit disappointed (it's been 5 years since NL was released but I can understand).

I personally would want to get a general idea of what the new features are. I still want to experience most of the game for myself though. Basically, I want to know enough to be able to find a map I will like. If the game is any good, I could be playing this town for years. So I want to make sure I don't pick a map I grow to hate. Anything not related to that, I would rather discover myself. Though being on this forum will likely make it impossible to avoid any major news.

I?m gonna spoil myself with everything they show at us before the game releases. But when the game comes out I?m not going to time travel, see the new villagers that hasn?t been revealed yet, and new content that hasn?t been revealed yet. That stuff is what I?m gonna do blind.

Last edited:
i'd like to just play the game mostly blind, but i'll probably have seen a lot of its features by the time i'm able to actually get it.

I tell myself I’d like to go in blind like I did for New Leaf, but I feel like it’ll be too exciting as more info comes out and end up spoiling it for myself. So happy it’s finally been announced!!!

No. I don't think I can lol. I'm so scared its going to be a crappy port, so I'm gonna have to get info and see trailers. I can't do it otherwise heh.

You?d have to put me in a coma until the game?s release. I won?t be able to resist.

Last edited:
I'll probably keep up with everything that's announced about it. It gets me excited for the game. And since Animal Crossing's gameplay relies heavily on what you choose to do, not a story, I wouldn't consider it spoiled if I know what the game is like. I can see how some would prefer to be fully surprised, though.

No way. I'm going to be following the announcements like a hawk.There's no way they could spoil the entire game by the time it releases anyway.

I didn't go in blind to New Leaf. I watched every trailer and looked for new details about it constantly. I don't feel like it made getting the game and playing it any more special or exciting. Watching trailers doesn't compare to actually playing to me, so I'll definitely be keeping up with news on the game.

I would love to go in blind, but for how long I've waited for this. I'm 100% going to spoil myself

I'm conflicted. I'm so excited and learning more will only build it up and I know I won't be able to avoid all info. However, I do like discovering surprises during games, I don't want to know everything before hand. I was so sad that pretty much all the new Pokemon were leaked before sun and moon came out, but I get that Pokemon and Animal Crossing are totally different haha.

Going into the game blind and ignoring information as it comes out would be impossible for me.

i will watch every trailer they release about it, though i wont check out any hacked leaks if theres any i always avoid that stuff if i can about games, but trailers make me more excited

I only consider story-related things for video games to be a spoiler. Since Animal Crossing doesn't have a story, I don't see anything as a spoiler. Knowing gameplay features or villagers available will not make me enjoy the game less.

I would love to go in blind, but I have a natural inclination to want to know every detail about things I enjoy so I doubt that's going to happen.

Last time Japan got new leaf first and people on this forum told us a lot of stuff that was in the game. I only plan on watching videos that Nintendo releases about the game.

Although I think they will release worldwide all at once this time around.

I'll gladly check the spoilers that Nintendo directs will hand us. But once the game is fully released, that will be the only info I'll use, and I'll ignore everything else.

I wanna go blind for this game. Back when NL released in Japan a year before US, I would watch every footage I can of the game. Eventually I learned everything about the game, and it wasn't as enjoyable since I knew how to do everything and know whats going to be unlocked, etc.

I think with this game, I'll only watch the trailer they release and then that's it. I'll try not to analyze everything.
I also hope the game doesn't come out for Japan first so then they won't be able to show off details about it before US and UK have a chance to play.

Going in blind for a game is the best honestly, cause every little detail makes you happy or whatever.

Back