• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Would you go into the game blind?

Personally I feel like animal crossing is a game that is MADE by the personal experiences of you as the player. I feel like understanding what will be in the game or seeing items doesn't spoil much.

Think of it this way, other games might be more like reading a book, where seeing plot points kinda dampens it, but animal crossing is more like watching a travel vlog about a place you want to visit, it doesn't lessen your experience, it just kinda gives you ideas like, oh I'm so excited to do that! That's kinda my own feelings on it.

I will neither avoid nor pursue the information especially.

I'm going in blind, muchachos. That's what I always do with a game I'm definitely buying.

The only time I ever watch previews is when I'm not sure about a game eg Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Fire Emblem Warriors last year.

To be honest, I never done this before at any game. I just can't avoid any spoilers or informations in
general, my curiosity is too big to not look at it at all (especially when too many people then talking
about it). So yeah, because of this, I guess I will not going in fully blind.

I'll keep up with the news and trailers up until release. There will most likely be an AC Direct specifying features of the new game and I wouldn't miss that. However when I actually get into the game, I'm probably going to go by my natural instinct, not time travel or look up additional information. I eventually will do those things probably, but I like to experience things for myself before I get the in's and out's of the game.

I'll be looking at all the info that comes out before the game releases, and then hopefully on launch day when I have the game I'll try to play it a little bit before I go online to talk about it with others. I'll just have my first experience with the game be super fresh and then get into the nitty gritty once I'm settled in :)

Absolutely not. I'll wait a couple days to get it while I watch gameplay footage and features that are included.

I'll probably be stuck resetting for maps if I get it the first day anyway... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'll see the game play, see a few mechanics, but not go and look up guides on how to get the Nooklings store to top tier or watch insane analysis videos. Also not looking at any before release videos, because those end up spoiling the game. I wasn't surprised on the final level on Super Mario Odyssey, because I knew it was there from screenshots :(.

I don't think I could stop myself from looking at trailers and stuff for this game even if I wanted to. If you mean going in blind as in not looking at guides as soon as they come up and stuff, then I probably won't. I never got to play any AC games on release, so this will be an entirely new experience for me. I'm hoping I end up falling in love with my town so I never have the urge to make a new one. I want to start a game from the start of the game, ya know?

I would like to see most of what they show but what I do want to go in blind is the general idea of the game, for example the basis of New Leaf was 'Lol, you're the mayor!' I went into new leaf blind and finding out about the mayor thing blew my mind, and I kind want to experience that again with the switch title, assuming that it will have some new awesome feature. Yeah, other than that I'll try to see small features that they announce. (Although, knowing myself I probably wont be able to help myself, since I know one of my friends in real life, he said he wants to get into animal crossing and he's a person that I'd ask if the anticipation is too much, lol.)

No, I'll probably watch some Let's Plays before I even buy the game which probably wouldn't even be until the following year.

No, a good part of the NL hype train for me was being able to plan the village and house in advance, taking in what I can do now that's new. I'm also not confident this will be a game I want to pick up yet, because I haven't liked how Nintendo's handled amiibo cards and Pocket Camp's paid elements, so I need to follow the prerelease carefully for red flags.

Nah, that'd be kinda hard to do, I would have to stop watching so many youtubers I like who are without a doubt going to talk about the game whenever a new bit of information is revealed. And I'm also way too curious! I want to see what the game is going to look like so I can stop fantasizing and having too high expectations! ^^;;
And like for the commenter above, being able to plan out some things is a good way to keep up the hype until it comes out.

Although if for some reason I won't be able to get the game on release or if Europe and the US get it a little bit later, I'll try to avoid watching any lets plays. I made that "mistake" with New Leaf. I watched japanese lets plays when it was released in Japan, and then american ones when it was released in the US before it finally came to Europe a few days later. It didn't really hurt the experience all too much and I was still super excited, but I remember regretting it a little bit regardless.

That's how I started lol. My friend convinced me to play it, and I was going in blind. I had no idea what to expect besides screen shots, or small stuff. The only villagers I knew about were Bunnie Zucker, Mira, and Marshal (Because I made fun of him) because of the wii U game. then had no idea who the two I got were

But I was mostly going in blind. Now here I am, still figuring out stuff, and still as lost as I was when I first started, lol

Last edited:
I did for the most part but while waiting for my switch lite and game to arrive last year, I ended up looking up the items on villagerdb and 😬🥶. Thankfully I still enjoyed playing for many months after but, ngl, that left a bad taste in my mouth and I can’t say any of the updates impressed me too much. I have since then learned to take what we get but I think next time I rather look up entirely what we’re getting. I would rather not buy another AC game that leaves much to be desired.

Honestly that's basically how it was for the first AC for me. I was reading some magazines about it and such, but I didn't really even see any gameplay back in 2001 or so. Just heard about it, summer was around the corner and I needed a game to play, and figured I'd give it a shot. Really happy I did though, as AC turned out to be one of my favorite game series. :)

Haha I went into this game blind the day came out last year and it was my first animal crossing game to play and I had no idea what I was even doing lol

I was a little confused why we had a topic title like this until I saw the date. Not sure what the influx of old topics being bumped is all about. But I think most of use went in blind when we got it on launch day or close to it. I might not go in the next game blind depending if it is another slow update burn or if a lot of content is cut or being held back like it is right now.

I was a little confused why we had a topic title like this until I saw the date. Not sure what the influx of old topics being bumped is all about. But I think most of use went in blind when we got it on launch day or close to it. I might not go in the next game blind depending if it is another slow update burn or if a lot of content is cut or being held back like it is right now.
I dont understand why old threads keep appearing in my feed, my bad, sorry,

i know this thread is old as hell lol but i went into new horizons fairly blind. i had a general idea of what the tutorial period would be like when i first booted up the game but i didn’t know much else beyond that. i like not knowing everything about a game when i first start playing it as i like to be surprised but i also always eventually will look stuff up as i don’t want to mess up or miss anything.

Back