• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Will you be purchasing Happy Home Paradise?

Will you be buying paid DLC?

• Yes!

Votes: 447 81.7%
  • Not for me

Votes: 24 4.4%
  • Unsure

Votes: 76 13.9%

• Total voters
Island data is saved to the Switch, not the profile. I think it would be there for all residents.
This is what has me confused. I really want to buy the DLC. I have two islands and two profiles so four playable characters would I have to buy the DLC for each profile so both islands can have it?

Island data is saved to the Switch, not the profile. I think it would be there for all residents.
problem is paid dlc on the switch is tied to who bought it, so as to not cause sharing abuse

even if the content were there, only the account that bought it would get access to

at least by the manner in which paid dlc works for other switch games, in my experience

I'll be purchasing the Happy Home Paradise DLC, yes, but I'll be honest that this move to paid DLC makes me apprehensive about supporting the series moving forward. I own New Horizons and I can get benefit from stuff like the partitions they're adding, but if they're going to make this a trend moving forward, and they no doubt are since update 2.0 has been announced to be the last major free update, it leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Nintendo in general has felt more moneygrubby since Iwata's death and the change in leadership thereafter and it feels like we pay more for less than we got when online was free on the DS, 3DS, Wii and Wii U. I'm not against the developers getting paid for more work and I've paid for DLC before and I'll pay for it again in other games, but the whole Nintendo Switch Online Expansion Pass and how they make older games only available with an active Nintendo Switch Online subscription, when we used to have a larger library of classic games to pay individually for and play via Virtual Console, I think the whole situation sucks. This has more to do with Nintendo at large than Animal Crossing New Horizons itself, but New Horizons at release and up to now has felt barren in some regards compared to New Leaf. I feel like we're getting less bang for our bucks, especially since there's no minigames or really much of anything to do with friends online in New Horizons.

Last edited:
I am not to sure if I will get it yet I still have to work out how much it will be in AUD I think around $40 ish so not sure. I could just ask for it for xmas haha.

Does anyone know if I was to get a Nintendo shop gift card if I could use that to buy it? Cause I assume we buy it from the online store?

I am Definitely getting it! I probably only getting the DLC and not the upgrade for the online service. I don't think 50 bucks is justified on what we get with it tbh.

I will be preordering it ASAP. I really enjoyed HHD, but my main complaint was, "Man, I just wish this connected to the main game!" So, umm, yah. I'm so excited to be able to carry over design techniques/furniture (walls? columns? ACNH is turning into Harvest Moon/SoS AND The Sims and I can't wait!) and I'm looking forward to decorating the buildings as well! I really had fun with that in HHD.

I hope the office building comes back. I loved watching a peppy villager fret about possibly misplacing the Johnson account 🤣

Exactly what the title says. I'll leave I link to the direct for those who haven't seen it yet:
So anyways, Nintendo is planning on releasing dlc for the game called happy home paradise. The player can go there by telling Orville that they want to work, and you'll be able to go there! It's basically happy home designer 2.0, in the sense that you create the ideal vacations for certain animals. The dlc is planned to be released later this month along with the switch online plan for the n64. So what are your thoughts on this? I loved happy home designer, and it's nice to see the developers expanding on the concept of the game. I also like the addition of lottie, and the two new npcs. They also brought back the facilities, and allowed you to have a villager on your island to head to the paradise as well.
(P.S. @Rosch, since the hospital has been confirmed as a facility, this might be why the doctor's outfit thing I believe you were talking about was for)

I LOOOOOOVE HHD so I was overjoyed to see this!!! Especially building facilities and seeing the animals use them. I am curious though, if you don't own HHD then you can't squeeze through 1/2 square spaces? Interesting if that gets applied in multiplayer, not that it would be hard but it's a funny thought that they'd be specifying who can or can't squeeze through gaps.

Everything that was presented before Happy Home Paradise is part of the free update, including the squeeze through halv squares

Absolutely will be buying the DLC, i enjoyed the 3ds version Happy Home Designer so much and the fact this will be in much higher quality 😍

I will definitely be buying it for my main island. Now I have to figure out if I need to buy a second for my second island.

yes!! i am so buying this new update!!! it looks rad :) i love happy home designer a lot and cant wait to see something similar with new horizon's graphics. plus the new villagers they revealed with the dlc..... chef's kiss is all i can say tbh

I am not to sure if I will get it yet I still have to work out how much it will be in AUD I think around $40 ish so not sure. I could just ask for it for xmas haha.

Does anyone know if I was to get a Nintendo shop gift card if I could use that to buy it? Cause I assume we buy it from the online store?
Yes you could buy it with a Nintendo Eshop card 😊

i absolutely will!!! it looks awesome! plus im excited for all the new features that its added in. ive been wanting to hang things from the ceiling for forever;;; and i hope they let us make paths the same way on our actual islands. ive been wanting that for so long too. anyways yeah im super excited for it and 10000000% buying :)))

I didn’t have a 3DS so never played HHD, so I’m pretty tempted to get it for those elements alone >>

Back