• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

Will they ever let us move resident services?

I actually just restarted mine for the 500th time and actually got a resident services that lines up perfectly with my airport and its a decent distance away so I can still do a nice entrance. It takes a lot of time and patience, if you aren't picky about native fruit and airport color its easier, but its possible.
Oh, I didn't doubt that it's possible via resetting. It's just that I've invested so many hours and accomplished so much over the past year that I have no desire whatsoever to reset my island at this point, thus why I said it's something I'll have to live with. I'd actually be so annoyed if something happened to the save and the data was irretrievable that I'd probably stop playing forever because I don't want to go through the effort again. I was referring more to the possibility of Nintendo ever making it possible for an already established island's Resident Services to be moved like other buildings.

Regardless, congratulations on finally getting them lined up on your island! :)

I doubt it'll happen. I feel like if it was going to happen, it would've been included in the game to begin with. Now it'd feel kinda weird and out of place to have them all of a sudden be like "oh yeah you can move Resident Services wherever you want!", even though the game has been very good about the amount of control you have over customizing your island outside of this.

TBH, it doesn't really affect me (I have my RS plaza right outside my airport and I couldn't love it more!), but I do agree it's silly we can't move it. Even if it cost more bells or they had us jump through more hoops then regular buildings, it'd be nice to have the option. It doesn't make much sense that you can move almost everything else! I mean, I can see not moving the airport since it would affect how the beaches/coast of the island looks... but why not RS?

I don’t see it happening, to be honest. I might be alone here, but I think it’s fun to work around it. You may come up with something creative if you are forced to adapt to a certain building placement.

Back