• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Will they ever let us move resident services?

loveclove

winter-born eventuality
Bells
Mom's Plush
Green Star Fragment
Sheep Plush
Blue Star Fragment
Celeste Chick Plush
White Tulip
White Violet
White Cosmos
White Lily
White Rose
I'm so frustrated right now!

To give you a bit of context, I'm a brand new Animal Crossing player, and never played any of previous games. So at the beggining, having watched no videos or participated in any forum, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and placed resident services right in front of the airport, because of the river behind it. Now I am not able to make a proper entrance. I literally terraformed my whole island, just to find out I cannot move it to the spot I planned.
Why oh why would you do this to me Nintendo??? The island should be fully customisable.

Please give me some hope and tell me there will be a patch to fix this. There's no way I can make a decent looking island with no entrance. So frustrated it makes me want to star over my 200+ hour island. Where can I complain about this? Anybody else feels the same?

I hope they do tbh. There's no reason it can't be moved like other buildings? Like you can factor in the plaza space with the grid just like when you place the museum etc. It's not like Resident Services would be inaccessible for the day either since the building just moves the next day, not closed down.

I did reset to get my Resident Services in a particular area though on my current island so it means 20 hours wasted lmao but I wouldn't mind moving it slightly further back just to have some more creative freedom.

I hope they do tbh. There's no reason it can't be moved like other buildings? Like you can factor in the plaza space with the grid just like when you place the museum etc. It's not like Resident Services would be inaccessible for the day either since the building just moves the next day, not closed down.

I did reset to get my Resident Services in a particular area though on my current island so it means 20 hours wasted lmao but I wouldn't mind moving it slightly further back just to have some more creative freedom.
I agree, there's absolutely no reason whatsoever

Insofar as lore reasons, they literally bricked up the ground.
Sure, we put brick paths and such on the ground and can literally sweep them up, but the plaza doesn't work like that.

That said, even though I reset after over 100+ hrs to fix where my plaza is in relation to the airport ( aka I needed them directly aligned ) and spent over 2 hours not even able to check airport color and such just trying to get a map where they looked relatively like they might line up, I wouldn't be too salty if people could move it, but I will vouch for it having a reason to not happen all the same.

Yeah, I'm in a tight predicament as well. I'm currently planning out my island entrance but the RS is a little closer than I'd like. It sucks that they've yet to give us a way to move it; the fact that we can't even place items on the brick is what really tips me off.

The only thing I can think of would be to modify your game with a program, but I don't want to risk my account trying to relocate my RS. It just sucks; I really hope that Nintendo will allow us to modify the RS because I don't want to come to the decision of resetting my ENTIRE game just so I can have an ideal location (and we're not even going to talk about getting a native fruit or the color of the airport).

Yeah I really wish they'd let us move the RS, although I don't really have much hope. Mine is just left of the airport, and then a few blocks from the beach front. So there is only space for a path in front of it, and not much space to the left of the airport for a nice entrance. I'm trying to make the most of it though! But if they updated the game to let us move it, I'd be all the more happier :)

Mine is literally 5 tiles away and as much as I've made something I like out of it, it's just so... plain? I'm so tempted to reset for this but also to play at a slower pace since I felt the competition at the start of the game with my friends (who don't even play anymore because they got bored lol). Still contemplating but thinking hard about it...

Oh I really would have wanted this a couple of weeks ago. I've gotten used to it by now, and have what I feel a good island, but I really had to work around RS to make that happen. It really is weird that you can't move it, since everything else is fine. I also want to be able to customise it! Maybe once you've paid of all your house loans, you should be able to change at lt some things about it I feel

I hope so. I was operating under the assumption that it could be moved as well and mine is fairly close to the airport, too.

To make up for the fact I cant move it I am just going to try and make the plaza have a very pretty surrounding.

I feel ya, I wont have much of an entrance either.... lol. Too many hours sunk into it at this point to reset, though.

Mine is literally 5 tiles away and as much as I've made something I like out of it, it's just so... plain? I'm so tempted to reset for this but also to play at a slower pace since I felt the competition at the start of the game with my friends (who don't even play anymore because they got bored lol). Still contemplating but thinking hard about it...
Mine is 5 tiles as well D: what did you do? Looking for ideas as it seems i will have to make my peace with it

The randomness of the resident service placement is definitely annoying. You have to reset for days if you want to line it up with the airport exit, and even then it might be too close or too far. I do think limitations help you be more creative and maybe that's why Nintendo did it like this, but I think most of us were under the assumption that at the very least every building could be moved.

I resetted my island twice because of the resident service placement. I try hard to make the placement work, but in the past it just annoyed me too much. But I don't regret resetting, because I can't trust that Nintendo will ever change it. I resetted for a placement that leaves enough space for me to do different things. Sometimes I wish it was on the right side on the island instead of the left, but it'll never be perfect. It just has to be something I can work with. Maybe Nintendo will change it one day, but I have to play today and I really didn't enjoy my old layout.
Post automatically merged:

This was posted on another thread here, I think something like this is what most people do with like 5 tiles:

unnamed-1-jpg.250799

I was so disappointed when I found out you couldnt move resident services :( dif needs to be able be moved!

Doubtful that they will. The airport and Residential Service are probably both fixed in spot. I guess the RS could be manageable, because it doesn't have stuff like a weird pier (airport) to accommodate for it, but I can't really see them doing anything.

What annoyes me the most is the fact that you can't place more than 8 steps.. I planned my whole island and spend so many bells just to hear that I can't build any more steps! I was so disappointed that they didn't tell me right at the beginning. Now I have to remove the expensive stairs and plan everything different and pay again for new ones. So dumb. :(

I don't think it will happen, but I would like to see it, though. I too suffer from my Resident Services being too close the airport, so I can makes entrances, but not Grand Ones.

I'm 99% sure they will never let us move Resident Services. It makes sense, too. It's the only building that isn't surrounded by a pretty big area/plaza, so I wouldn't count on it.

They should let us be able to decorate the plaza tiles though. KK Slider shouldn't eat up half of the plaza for one day and then the remainder of the week it is bare. I mean they planned to have something there because villagers magically make benches appear whenever they sit on the tiles.

we should strt a peition for this tobecome a reality.. although i am quite satisfied with how far my resident services is, i just dont like how its not in line with the airport 😔
I would totally sign it

The randomness of the resident service placement is definitely annoying. You have to reset for days if you want to line it up with the airport exit, and even then it might be too close or too far. I do think limitations help you be more creative and maybe that's why Nintendo did it like this, but I think most of us were under the assumption that at the very least every building could be moved.

I resetted my island twice because of the resident service placement. I try hard to make the placement work, but in the past it just annoyed me too much. But I don't regret resetting, because I can't trust that Nintendo will ever change it. I resetted for a placement that leaves enough space for me to do different things. Sometimes I wish it was on the right side on the island instead of the left, but it'll never be perfect. It just has to be something I can work with. Maybe Nintendo will change it one day, but I have to play today and I really didn't enjoy my old layout.

This was posted on another thread here, I think something like this is what most people do with like 5 tiles:

unnamed-1-jpg.250799
thanks for the inspo

Back