• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Will someone tell me in very very very simple terms how to cycle?:(

Well :) there are actually a few different ways but here is the way I like to do it :)

Load up your town and check if anybody Is moving
You will know if someone is moving because they will "ping" (exclamation marks will appear you've proably seen it before!)
If not Time travel 2 days forward and check again.
If not time travel back to the day you originally started on.
Repeat this process UNTILL someone asks to move :)
Time travel to the moving date they give...
And once they move you're ready to start the whole process again! ^_^

Hope I helped :)

However, note that the "moving" villager might not ping you right away. Also, they must be outside for the ping to happen - not inside their homes. Rod informed me that he is moving today but he didn't ping me first thing - I had to reload the game several times first to find him outside and he only pinged me the 2nd time 'round as I had received a ping from another villager about something else first.
I rarely TT but when I do I usually go 1 day forward and 1 day backward which seems more safe to me (as I have 10 villagers they approx. ask to leave every 2-3 days).

Last edited:
From the guide I posted:
About the “go forward two days and backwards two days” method. I’ve personally tried it and not only did it not work, there’s almost a guarantee that it will **** your **** up. Going forward two days at a time is never a safe bet (unless you’re doing it during a period of- well I’ll get into that later) but long story short, DON’T DO IT. Also, going backwards in time does not count as days moved through time?? So no, it does not count as 4 days total.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also:

As a lot of people have asked how I'm cycling, I'm just going to put it here.

NOTE: This is how I cycle when I DON'T have dreamies that I really want to keep.
If you have villagers you want to keep, then other methods are far safer.

> The day Isabelle announces "someone new has moved into town", I travel 3 days into the future. Talk to one person until it gets annoyed to see if there's a rumor about someone moving. If not, I move on to the next day, talk to the same person 10 times, and repeat until there's a rumor about someone moving.

> Once there is a rumor, I talk to the person who's moving. Save and quit, then walk in front of the person again, and he/she will ping to move. I tell them to move. Then I TT to the date they're moving. (If they say they'll stay, I just quit the game without saving, and then TT to the date they're moving)

> After someones picked them up, I TT 3 days forward again. Then keep TTing forward 1 day at a time until Isabelle gives the announcement that someone has moved in.

> Start over from the top.

from http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?118728-May-the-odds-be-ever-in-your-favor-District-12-Cycling​

Last edited:
Just my experience: I deliberately TT 2 days ahead (more likely, if I'm playing late at night in natural time, two days plus 10 hours or so, to get to a daytime period when more villagers are out and about) to provoke someone into moving. I've done this countless times and have never lost anybody I didn't want to lose; I've done it a lot lately (over, say, the last 4-6 weeks), sometimes once a day, because there's been a run of villagers I've wanted to chase off. Traveling back in time is supposed to be the equivalent of traveling one "day" no matter how many calendar days you go back, from what I've read.

The villagers thinking of moving very often will NOT ping my Mayor character, and often other characters really take their sweet time mentioning to the Mayor that someone's thinking of moving. I find out faster using an alt character, and I don't relax until I've figured out who's heading out. Maybe the difference is that I'm ALWAYS checking for that. Someone would have to be bugging out pretty fast to be lost inside the equivalent of 3TT days.

Back