• LIVE A gaming event as part of The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 is currently being livestreamed on TBT's Twitch channel here -- spectators who chat on Discord can earn points too!
  • TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Wi-fi troubles?

brainsandbells

Bells
I've seen quite a few people out there who've been unable to visit towns, have visitors, or message friends in-game. I have the same issue, despite all of this working just fine not all that long ago - so it's not a problem with my internet (nor anyone else's, I'd assume); it just stopped working one day and hasn't since. Yes, I have tried repeatedly to make sure all the proper features are turned on. Anyone know what's going on?

The belief is that something is wrong on Nintendo's end. I was able to visit others at first, but recently I have also been unable to visit or be visited. There's no error code, so there isn't much to go on. It's possible that the traffic simply became too high and things went wonky. Hopefully it'll be cleared up in the next week or two.

I have been having trouble using the dream suite. you can choose to go to a random dream but every time she counts to 3 it kicks me back out saying my internet connection isn't stable enough even though I just had visitors to my town. I hope it's a problem at Nintendo's end and not mine because I can't figure out why it would work with visiting towns but not the dream suite.

Freezed my 3DS twice yesterday when trying to use wifi related functions. (saw Resseti twice, so... :p ). Since everything non ACNL works fine wifi-wise, and other games are ok, I agree, it is a Nintendo-side problem...

I've only had trouble visiting towns from certain regions... but whatever region's server my town is a part of seems to be working fine. Is there a "see-what-the-current-state-of-stability-our-servers-are-at" page on Nintendo's official website, perhaps?

I have been having trouble using the dream suite. you can choose to go to a random dream but every time she counts to 3 it kicks me back out saying my internet connection isn't stable enough even though I just had visitors to my town.
I thought this was a problem on my end as well, but Googling made it seem pretty common. The workaround other people were using, and that worked for me, was browsing for dreams by region and choosing specific ones. It should work too for specific dream codes. I would like it if just choosing random and quickly getting one like that worked, too, but at least I got it working at all for now.

I've noticed the same thing with some features recently seeming to stop working correctly. My Best Friends message list was completely reliable for the first week or so the game was out, but now I can see someone is online because their village gate is open (and I just came back from their village, say, so I know who it is that's logged on) but they won't appear as online on my list even if I toggle it on and off to try and "refresh" it. The whole Best Friends feature has stopped working almost entirely for me.

Back