Why is it so difficult to let villagers go?

I had a town that I had achieved all my dream villagers and then I had to reset because I felt bad about hacking for bells. It destroyed me. I was literally so attached to Mint that I almost cried. Kind of silly, but I did spend a lot of time on that town. I didn't give them to someone to hold onto because I wanted a totally fresh start and I think it was for the better but it was horrible :(

- - - Post Merge - - -

Isn't this the whole point of the game? You immerse yourself in the world and live the life of your character making friends with these anthropomorphic animals by doing whatever they ask you to basically. Then they start giving you free stuff so it does balance out. That was a digression. The longer they stay, the more familiar they become. It's even more noticeable when someone moves in that you are sceptical of and after sticking around for a while and interacting they become part of everything and they try and leave and you're so conflicted. They've had an impact. It's a strange phenomenon - getting so invested in these things - but it must be human nature in some way. I like it. Big fan.

Woah. That's real. I invested so much time into this game, that it feels like my real city in my pocket. I played the Sims forever and even though it's comparing Apples and Oranges, I really prefer ACNL over The Sims because of the relationships you can build with neighbors and how you can so much to make it yours in ACNL.

I've been waffling for some time now about letting Hazel go. I've come to like her, but I'm still disappointed over the name change (thought I was getting an old fave from ACGC days), and I have all the uchi PWP suggestions. I'd rather have the space for villagers/types I really like, you know?

But when she'd talk about moving, I'd squash it. Same goes for Bonbon. It isn't that I don't like Bonbon, but she isn't really a favorite (could be the peppy personality; I felt the same about Peggy before her). Still, I kept talking her out of moving, too.

Until today. Bonbon ran up to me, saying that she was considering moving on to bigger and brighter stages (or something like that). I kept the conversation open for a few minutes to think about it, then said good-bye. She'll be gone on the 11th.

I know it's just a game, they're aren't real, it's programmed conversation. But we invest a lot of time and energy into our towns, and hey, if I can have crushes on book characters and no one thinks that's weird (well, some might, but you know what I mean), I can become attached to these silly animals, right?

I get really attached to some of my villagers, too. I ended up not playing for a few days, and one of my favorites moved out; Eunice. And, I was legitimately bummed for a few days. Hahaha.

Sometimes I time travel (not that often don't worry haha) and I come back and one of my villagers is gone. It tears me up inside and I feel like screaming. Sadly, that's what I get for tt'ing...

emotional attachment always gets the best of me. im going through this right now with Diana because she's been in my town since the start (Dec 2013) but I want to get rid of her at the same time because im cycling all my deer out for villagers who will fit better in my forest themed town, and im bored of her but its just so difficult. she's been here since the beginning.

i just always make personal connections with everyone, and even if i didn't particularly love them when they were in town, once they've asked to move and i say yes and have to avoid them until their moving date, i always feel bad-

like oof, i don't know where you're going or what you're doing or who you're bothering from now on ;;

I know, right? I've had Pekoe since day one, but I'm now thinking she's not in the best of spots.

Nintendo WANTS you to get attached your villagers.
Its just common sense for a life simulation game,
(GOTTA LOVE ME WOLVES!)

For me it's mixed feelings w/ me and my villagers haha

Not sure if it's because I recently restarted but I don't have a strong bond w/ the majority of my villagers w/ the exception of Diana, Bunnie, and Mitzi...and I just realized they're all female villagers lol

But yeah the appearance of villagers have an impact of me and I guess female villagers tend to be cuter and bubbly

Back