Why do you have a alt character?

I made a second player just so I could make a school! Originally I was going to make a classroom in my mayors house but then I had so many cool ideas about what to make.

Also paths xd of course

I have a themed town and I love decorating houses and landscaping so it just made sense to have four characters, even if i only really play my mayor

I put heaps of thought into making my first alt character and then boom I had two before I knew it.
I think I did it because my mayor character has "done everything". Was nice to have a new character with a new house, new look, needing to recatch everything and save up rather then just having the hundreds of millions laying around on the other account. Also, storage, especially with the update, so great to have a place to chuck everything because I was definitely overloaded with junk when it was just my mayor.
I think its a great little thing to do to spice up the game :)

I created alternative characters because I ran out of storage. I really need to upgrade those houses so that I can store more stuff in the secret room. It's too bad I really like having tents in my town.

I have all character just to make more path and hold my items. Also decorate theirs houses with the items from the new update. ( ' v ' )

To hold more patterns for paths, and because I like having both a female and male to play as!

I don't have any in Animalia (unless you're from the future where Animalia no longer exists because I reset it) but soon in my next town (current town if you're from the future) I will use alt characters to 1. add more player houses to give the town the style I want, 2. to hold more patterns for paths. I will also fully upgrade their houses and decorate the interiors and exteriors. All houses will use the modern structure (tall building with flat roof).

For me, I use my alt because it looks great if there's 2 houses in my map. Although I don't use QR codes for paths I have another person just incase. I also use her to hold items and have more furniture too.
I also like the name "Yani".

Paths for sure. Wish we had more space for them as the Mayor though ;~;

Patterns first and foremost, but I don't like to make the extra characters based on nothing so I make them look like my family members. Also I'm using their houses as extra facilities, like a church. Shame you can't 'unlock' the door to houses so animals use them.

I actually have no idea! I made him years ago for whatever reason and now it's just been Mayor Luna and Lukas for so long I can't bear to delete Lukas. I think I'll give him a nice house now that I'm finally satisfied with my mayoral mansion. ^_^

Edit:
and because I like having both a female and male to play as!
Oh right now I remember why I made him! :D I wanted to see how much the of the dialogue is different for male characters.

Last edited:
I have additional humans in my towns because they serve a purpose. Most commonly it has to do with their houses having their own identity. There is also the plot-setting of trying to control where incoming villagers can move.

I am getting ready to update all three of my signature-listed towns? Dream Addresses. A lack of energy on my part is why, following ?Welcome amiibo,? I have not come through. But, I will take care of this during this current month of February [2017].

So I can use the other face options, and have more rooms to design. Also fills up empty space in town

map balance tbh. i've got a thing for making sure the map stays as equal and orderly as i can make it, given my layout. so i've got the 2 alts and the mayor, one bottom left, one center and one top right. :'))

also it's just nice to have more players to get more items at special events lmfaooo

My alt was started mostly for more pattern storage, but it is also fun to decorate more house rooms. My mayor's house is a castle with zen furniture inside and my alt's house has a more modern style. I also made one character a girl and one a boy to see all of the Kappn's shanties. lol I was thinking of making a third character to display some of the cool new furniture from the amiibos. I like to keep one space free for plot resetting though.

Last edited:
I have four people in my town but I don't consider them "alts", just three characters that have houses to hold furniture and collections as well as space for designs. I have two towns, each a story. My one town is very personal to me. My story there is of two people very deeply in love, yet they will never touch or be together. As you know, only one character is out at a time. It's very sad and romantic. My other town, RoseBuds, has my mayor and and then three other people. I think the original reason for being able to have four people was so that four different people could play but be in the same town.

Sorry for the rambling.

Actually I'm the third player and fourth character, it's not my game. The mayor had two characters for paths, the second player had his own character, but they stopped playing soon after I started, so now I used their characters to stock stuff and make more rooms.

Back