• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Why do people put numbers in their username?

For me, I usually only put numbers if the name is taken but nowadays I just modify the name some like on xbox the end of my name is "TG" for my favorite anime at the time Tokyo Ghoul! and I wanted "Ani" on this forum but it's taken so I made it "Anitagonist" which combines anime and antagonist may seem a bit stupid but I love being called Ani xD

From my old username on tbt, I used numbers because it was taken.
I sometimes use numbers in my username on other websites if its taken and its something I want to use.

Most of the time, I rather not use numbers

If the username I want is taken, I’ll think of another variation. I don’t like using numbers in my usernames.

I actually prefer to have usernames without any numbers at all in them. However, if the case happens that the username I want is taken and I don't come up with a better idea for another name, I do then use numbers.

My numbers are a reference to my favorite series, since it was better than using 123 for the taken name. I have since changed my usernames on many sites and accounts, but it is still nostalgic to me, so I keep it around!

To be honest I am not very creative with usernames, and I had thought WhiteLily would be taken, so I put some random numbers in it.

This number in particular is an interesting number being the smallest number writeablw as the sum of 2 positive cubes in 2 different ways, 10^3+9^3=12^3+1^3=1729, this number is also a Carmichael number or a number for which a^n%n= a%n for any number a. And n is composite

These days, I assume a lot of names with numbers in them are ironic, or maybe the name was just already in use.

Who cares? Its just a number to be more secretive about who you really are. I never use my real name as a username. I always use a video game characters name and then follow up by a random number and it fits really well.

if i had to guess those users either like the number or the original one username without numbers was already taken. at least, those are the reasons ive had when including numbers in a username. i prefer without though if thats an option

I have a number in mine just because the numberless one was taken and 22 is my lucky number.

I only put in a number if the good username is taken. Number l use is always a 5, but l noticed that l only use numbers in my username if l can also have a display name that is different. Like steam for an example!

The numbers in my username are actually my birthdate lol

I'm not fond with username with numbers anymore so i might change my username a bit

Back