Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Mother's Day Carnation
Tasty Cake
Is it just me, but the plots for Happy Home Designer seem extremely small?

Barely enough room for one tree, a few flowers?

I feel cramped just looking at the layouts and game play videos.

Anyone else wish the animals could have larger front yards?

Last edited:
I think you can expand them later in the game, or maybe each plot of land has different landspace

They get bigger as you progress, same with the interior I'm pretty sure. iirc, the villager's request upgrades. It shows a larger yard in this video:

I think I remember treehouse lady or somethin saying this

I think they seem small too because in a lot of the demos they put them on a river to showcase the bridges and it ends up taking up a lot of space.

Actually I lied in my above post, I think both yards are actually the same size, just the river takes up a lot of space. It's been confirmed that interiors expand but now that I think about it exteriors may not be able to be expanded

Actually I lied in my above post, I think both yards are actually the same size, just the river takes up a lot of space. It's been confirmed that interiors expand but now that I think about it exteriors may not be able to be expanded
I don't think so. I saw the video about a player decorating Beardo's house and there's 12x7 spaces. And looking at that Carrie video, there are 13x8 spaces. I guess it really depends on the map.

I'm going to be incredibly disappointed if the plot size doesn't increase, which will probably be the case. From what I've watched so far, I think I'm more interested in designing the exterior than the interior. :\

I don't think so. I saw the video about a player decorating Beardo's house and there's 12x7 spaces. And looking at that Carrie video, there are 13x8 spaces. I guess it really depends on the map.

even if that is the case I doubt you'll be able to expand them by one square. I think you're right in saying that it probably just changes by a few to better fit into the spot that you've picked

I'm not sure how big our homes are in acnl but I assumed that villager houses would be able to expand like mayor houses in new leaf? With castle or other styles.. I'm now doubtful Hoping we can expand them. Especially to make room for all the outdoor props and landscaping.

I'm not sure how big our homes are in acnl but I assumed that villager houses would be able to expand like mayor houses in new leaf? With castle or other styles.. I'm now doubtful Hoping we can expand them. Especially to make room for all the outdoor props and landscaping.

We know you can do all that! :) We're talking about the gate that stops us from decorating outside said gate. ^^

Back