• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Who's the best villager that moved into your town without being aquired?

I had him in a previous town and he's probably my favorite Cranky (him and Tom). I was thinking about starting a Ninja town with him as the legendary old man that everyone goes to for advice.

Nice to meet more Walt lovers

Punchy was an original for me and I didn't reset at all to get him so that was kind of exciting. As far as random move-ins after that point, Julian moved in 2 days after I started my town which was pretty cool. I liked him but I had no idea he was this popular.

Marina moved in through the campsite, and she's fairly cute! I also got Fang from the campsite... Neither of them are dreamies, but they're both pretty popular villagers so I guess that must count for something!

Poncho moved in in my last day of living in Prime,he is now one of my dreamies.:)

A long time ago Zell moved in really unexpectedly. He's pretty cool and I sort of wanted to keep him, but of course he plotted in a terrible spot. I got rid of him a couple weeks later. I like seeing him on main street though ^^

Last edited:
Tbh, I've never had luck in that area. I picked up Bruce off of streetpass, but that's about it. My friend who got the game (because I made her want a 3DS so she got the system and the game) has had such luck! Ankha was one of her first natural move-ins and my loving sister paid 20mill for me to get her off the forums. And she just walked right into my friend's town. She has also had a lot of luck with tents where she has picked up Beau, Rosie, and Maple. Rosie and Maple being two other villagers I paid bells for online. :/ She makes me jelly, but it's all in good fun.

Oh man, Mitzi! She was my friend's voided villagers 9 - 10 months ago and I have had her ever since. I love her. <3

Last edited:
While she is unpopular, Becky was my last random move-in when I started my town. The fact that she's a chicken and has my favorite color made me keep her. I did wind up with both Static and Genji as starters although they've now moved away.

Whitney the starter who, although I loved her, ended up in a friend's town. Umm... Bob was a lucky move-in... Geez I've had a lot of nice villagers

hmm, random move-in? chrissy; campsite? julian.
i lost them both due to tt'ing but managed to cycle back for both of them :'> definitely worth it.

I started my town with Merengue..and Marshal was my first or second one move in to my town ^_^ I wasn't on any AC forums at the time so had no idea both of them were so popular online. They are still in my town and probbly going to stay forever :3

Recently I got Francine and Julian from a campsite.. it wasn't really a random move in (cuz I asked them to move xD) but it was a random to find them in the tent, so in some ways it was :3

Ruby! She was an acquired dreamie in my last town and I was sad to let her go when I reset, so I was ecstatic when I saw her plot in my new town after just a few days. :)

Pashmina was one of the villagers that I wanted the most in my original town, so I was extremely happy to have her as my first random move-in on my new file. Amelia would have to be high up there too, though I don't care for her quite as much now as I did when I first got her.

Hazel was my second random move-in and I'm so glad because I don't know if I would've chosen her otherwise, she quickly became one of my favorite ever villagers. :)

Back