Who's the best villager that moved into your town without being aquired?

I had him in a previous town and he's probably my favorite Cranky (him and Tom). I was thinking about starting a Ninja town with him as the legendary old man that everyone goes to for advice.

Nice to meet more Walt lovers

Punchy was an original for me and I didn't reset at all to get him so that was kind of exciting. As far as random move-ins after that point, Julian moved in 2 days after I started my town which was pretty cool. I liked him but I had no idea he was this popular.

Marina moved in through the campsite, and she's fairly cute! I also got Fang from the campsite... Neither of them are dreamies, but they're both pretty popular villagers so I guess that must count for something!

A long time ago Zell moved in really unexpectedly. He's pretty cool and I sort of wanted to keep him, but of course he plotted in a terrible spot. I got rid of him a couple weeks later. I like seeing him on main street though ^^

Last edited:
Tbh, I've never had luck in that area. I picked up Bruce off of streetpass, but that's about it. My friend who got the game (because I made her want a 3DS so she got the system and the game) has had such luck! Ankha was one of her first natural move-ins and my loving sister paid 20mill for me to get her off the forums. And she just walked right into my friend's town. She has also had a lot of luck with tents where she has picked up Beau, Rosie, and Maple. Rosie and Maple being two other villagers I paid bells for online. :/ She makes me jelly, but it's all in good fun.

Oh man, Mitzi! She was my friend's voided villagers 9 - 10 months ago and I have had her ever since. I love her. <3

Last edited:
While she is unpopular, Becky was my last random move-in when I started my town. The fact that she's a chicken and has my favorite color made me keep her. I did wind up with both Static and Genji as starters although they've now moved away.

Whitney the starter who, although I loved her, ended up in a friend's town. Umm... Bob was a lucky move-in... Geez I've had a lot of nice villagers

hmm, random move-in? chrissy; campsite? julian.
i lost them both due to tt'ing but managed to cycle back for both of them :'> definitely worth it.

I started my town with Merengue..and Marshal was my first or second one move in to my town ^_^ I wasn't on any AC forums at the time so had no idea both of them were so popular online. They are still in my town and probbly going to stay forever :3

Recently I got Francine and Julian from a campsite.. it wasn't really a random move in (cuz I asked them to move xD) but it was a random to find them in the tent, so in some ways it was :3

Ruby! She was an acquired dreamie in my last town and I was sad to let her go when I reset, so I was ecstatic when I saw her plot in my new town after just a few days. :)

Pashmina was one of the villagers that I wanted the most in my original town, so I was extremely happy to have her as my first random move-in on my new file. Amelia would have to be high up there too, though I don't care for her quite as much now as I did when I first got her.

Hazel was my second random move-in and I'm so glad because I don't know if I would've chosen her otherwise, she quickly became one of my favorite ever villagers. :)

Back