• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

WHO THINKS ANIMAL CROSSING SWITCH WILL BE ANNOUNCED AT E3?!

Foreversacredx

Bells
Tasty Cake
Purple Candy
I heard that Animal crossing just sent for trademark?

I really do think it will be announced I can't wait!

When do you think it will be announced?

I'm fairly certain that a new mainline Animal Crossing game will end up being announced at E3, since its past entries were practically always first revealed there. Why not unveil a new installment of the multi-millions seller during the very large-scale event?

As for guessing which year it'll be unveiled, that's a pretty much akin to a shot in the dark. While Animal Crossing is a given for Switch thanks to the latter's overwhelming popularity, we know almost nothing about its development. It could be announced anytime between this year and pretty late to Switch's lifespan.

i really hope so, and i think there is a good chance since they filed and renewed so many animal crossing trademarks

It has to, big games are always saved during E3. And the reason why Smash Bros and Animal Crossing Switch weren't announced last year was because it wasn't in development yet, and they had to get everything else out of the way of 2017 releases so they can announce more games for this year's E3. That's basically how Nintendo, and other game companies work.

Last edited:
I was talking about this on another forum the other day. The general consensus is either we'll see the game end of 2018 or early 2019. I'm not hopeful about e3 but tbh, i like to keep my expectations low so I don't get sorely disappointed later like I did at last years e3 expecting AC Switch.

Pocket camp is great but it does feel like we're being distracted with the constant bombardment of events to keep us 'satisfied' until they're ready to announce a new AC.

I hope so! Still hooked on NL, but a new one is always welcome.
Trying not to keep my hopes up like the past few years lol

I bloody hope so! I decided to replay City Folk because I was getting so bored with New Leaf. I still play NL and GCN sometimes, but not nearly as often. I just NEED a new Animal Crossing. ;-; I digress, though. I'm not going to anticipate it and expect it because it just feels like they won't, but who knows.

Wouldn't that be nice? I honestly kinda of doubt we'll be seeing it this year, they haven't even teased the possibility and Pocket Camper had quite the delay as well. I think a large part of the development team has been spending the past few years working on Splatoon and Splatoon 2... It might be some time yet before they free up from those projects.

I mean, the E3 is a perfect option to announce a new AC game. And I think there are chances
that they will say something in this year's E3. If not, then they will maybe make a special direct
for Animal Crossing only.

I have a theory that AC for the Wii U was planned, but that they are now developing it for the switch. If that's the case (and I certainly hope so!) there will probably be one either this year, or early next year. All we can do for now is hope, though, so that's what I'm doing right now!

Last edited:
I really don't know.
Obviously I hope that they will as I would love to play Animal Crossing in HD on both my TV and in handheld mode but it's been more than 5 years since New Leaf came out initially and they haven't said anything specific about a new mainline game so I don't know at this point...

TBH I reckon it'll take *at least* another year till the new AC game comes out. It took well over 2 years on the 3DS as well (US/EU release), and it'd be a strategically smart move to release it way after the initial hype has died down as it's a guaranteed system seller

I reckon I'll be dead by the time a new AC game is released.

It really feels like it been forever since a new main game been released.....
I kinda want one, Nintendo. :( The only reason I would even buy a Switch. well maybe for a game with Miis in it too.

With the surprise announcement of Smash 4.5/5, I see few things they actually can announce besides Animal Crossing. I mean seriously, what else besides Pokemon and Pikmin can they even do? They also only have 1 big title for this year, (Smash) because Fire Emblem, Kirby, and Yoshi don't sell massively well. Pokemon Will probably be 2019 (because gamefreak are slowww :p), so I don't see a ton of options... ;)

Back