• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which Villagers caught you off guard by their Popularity?

I only joined these forums recently and learned about these tiers. I was really surprised by some that were so popular. Like Rosie, I hated her since day one (she was one of my starters) and wanted her to move out ASAP and I'm surprised that she's so popular (tier 1 like wth). Same with villagers like Lolly or Diana, like why. XD

This is personal preference so do not bash me or others in the comments. Feel free to state your opinion as well. Please don't attack other users either if you disagree with them.

There isn't any of the villagers that surprised me. Mostly since I don't know which tier most of the villagers are xD

tbh, I've never been a fan of Rosie or the wolf villagers. They always manage to be in the upper tiers for every game though.

I never understood Marshal being #1 either. He's cute, but not that cute...
Pietro and Muffy surprised me too, I don't really like any of the sheep and those two are some of the weirdest looking ones.
On the other hand, I love Lolly and Rosie, I think they're absolutely adorable. Octopi are my favorite animals, but Marina is the only cute one out of the three. Octavian was one of my original villagers and I wanted him out immediately, I can't believe he's in Tier 2.

Beau, before I joined the forums in my first ACNL town (Astoria) I didn't really care for him. Then I started to like him but accidently he moved out. When I saw he was worth alot of bells I was shocked.

I never understood Marshal being #1 either. He's cute, but not that cute...
Pietro and Muffy surprised me too, I don't really like any of the sheep and those two are some of the weirdest looking ones.
On the other hand, I love Lolly and Rosie, I think they're absolutely adorable. Octopi are my favorite animals, but Marina is the only cute one out of the three. Octavian was one of my original villagers and I wanted him out immediately, I can't believe he's in Tier 2.

Yeah I'm surprised Marshal is so popular, I mean I do like him as well but I didn't think he'd be a tier one, I would have guessed like three or four tbh. And lol yeah I don't think any of the octopi but if I had to choose it would be Marina. XD
Idk I don't find Lolly and Rosie cute, they're pretty plain as well, like they're just normal tabby cats.

Before the game was released I saw Marshal and at first I thought he was a girl. I never would have thought he would be popular.

Beau. He's ugly ;___; I don't understand it man.

beau and julian, i don't care for either of them lol ;;

On this forum, Kid Cat! I started off trading on Reddit and he was like tier 3 there or something. I already had him in my town from my campsite because I thought Agent S would appreciate having him around xD and I really like him personally but I had no idea he was popular.

On this forum, Kid Cat! I started off trading on Reddit and he was like tier 3 there or something. I already had him in my town from my campsite because I thought Agent S would appreciate having him around xD and I really like him personally but I had no idea he was popular.

Yeah I didn't think he was that popular, but he's fairly cute lol. XD

Probably Chief and Zucker being Tier 1. Don't get me wrong there are plenty of worse villagers and I actually like Chief! I just think some villagers are much cuter and seem to be more wanted. I've always seen Fang being looked for way more than Cheif and think many Tier 2's are cuter such as Molly and Flurry. But I do understand not everyone goes for the cutesy and Chief and Zucker have a more cool look to them. X3

I also agree with Peanut, like how is she so low. D:

Yeah lol same. I didn't even know who or what Zucker was until I joined these forums. XD And idk, maybe people like Chief because he's a fox pretending to be a wolf lol. I really love foxes. XD

Fuchsia.
I don't know...her design and colors are just eh to me.

Fuchsia.
I don't know...her design and colors are just eh to me.

I don't even know what tier she is, but I saw some people actually liked her. I think she's ugly as hell, and her colours are gross. I thought she would be bottom of the barrel. XD

What struck me as more surprising were the villagers NOT in the upper tiers. But like anything, ac is subjective.

What struck me as more surprising were the villagers NOT in the upper tiers. But like anything, ac is subjective.

for real... but it seems like the most wanted villagers all have very strong themes, like stitches is a stuffed bear, julian is a unicorn, merengue is a cupcake rhino, marshal is a marshmallow, and etc. not as many people appreciate the just subtly designed and totally original characters... take Avery for example! he has an amazing design, color scheme, and everything, but its just not overall pleasing to the core demographic of animal crossing... thats why its cool that there are so many villagers to appeal to everyone who wold come across Animal Crossing!

For me, the one that surprised me was Julian cause I didn't exactly expect a blue unicorn to be so popular with everyone. But I guess to each their own.

Back