• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mario Which Mario game has the best soundtrack?

Ooh, that's a tough choice, especially if you consider all of the spin-offs as well as the main series games. And I'm going to interpret "best" as "which one do you like the most," because I don't know how to judge music objectively, I just know what I like. ^o^;>

Probably my favorite main series Mario game soundtrack is Galaxy 1, just the power behind "Gusty Garden Galaxy" alone is enough to get it very high on the list, and many of the other songs are excellent, too.

Mario Kart 8 is easily my favorite Mario Kart soundtrack. So many good songs, and played so well by the live band they had to record it.

And the Super Mario RPG soundtrack is among my favorite soundtracks of any game, period. The original, not the remake. The remake soundtrack is nice, I don't mind it at all, but the original is what I grew up with, and it has a very special place in my heart. Plus, I just love me some chiptunes.

I’m someone that doesn’t pay much attention to soundtracks in games. Normally when I play Mario games, I have the volume turned down so I can listen to my own music. However, I enjoyed some of what Mario Kart 8 Deluxe had to offer in terms of soundtrack. I play that game a ton and the music is nice to listen to.

I can’t decide on which had the best overall soundtrack. But it’s safe to say that Mario is the best video game franchise when it comes to video game music.

For me, definitely Galaxy. It was my first ever real video game besides games on my iPad as a kid. Incredibly nostalgic whenever I hear that Loop-de-loop galaxy theme.

Galaxy here as well, but to add a bit of variety to the thread I'll say that Mario & Luigi Dream Team is in the second place spot for me! All of the M&L games are good but Dream Team is just my personal favorite, the Somnom Woods themes are stunning.

For my money, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

No other game in the Yoshi series has even attempted to have a track nearly as eclectic, and that makes me quite sad.

For my money, Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island.

No other game in the Yoshi series has even attempted to have a track nearly as eclectic, and that makes me quite sad.
Yeah the ragtime feel of athletic theme? is great.

Hmm, this is a hard question. I can't decide between a couple of spin-offs like Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi. I wasn't really able to get into the Mario & Luigi series because apparently I lack the reflexes but the music is really good, especially bosses.

Yeah the ragtime feel of athletic theme? is great.
I've always had a strange adoration for the map theme. I particularly like how more layers are added as you progress. It's one of those tunes that I can go for months or years without hearing and then suddenly "Oh no, I'm in an important business meeting. Why am I thinking about this now?!"

Back