• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Which K.K. Slider songs do you prefer the live version of to the aircheck?

kiwikenobi

GONE FROM TBT
Bells
For the most part, I usually prefer the aircheck version of K.K. Slider's songs. But sometimes the version he performs himself is significantly different from what you get to play on your music players later.

For me personally, I prefer the live version of K.K. Adventure. It goes through movements, changing tempo and tone throughout. It feels like an adventure, with a beginning, middle, and end. The sound of the solo guitar has an almost wistful feel to it at times.

The aircheck version, on the other hand, just sounds goofy to me, with blaring horns and a cartoony drum and cymbals, and it loops after like fifteen seconds. It wasn't what I was expecting at all after hearing K.K.'s lovely performance.

Another example is Bubblegum K.K. While I do enjoy both the live version and the aircheck version of this song--because who doesn't like Bubblegum K.K and all its peppy cheerfulness?--the live version has a little bridge in it that isn't included in the aircheck at all, which is a shame, because it makes the song feel more complete. And the little doggy howls he punctuates the song with at times are just adorable ("Ow-ow!").

And speaking of howling, I always feel like the howling is missing in the aircheck version of Go K.K. Rider, as much as I love that version of that song. And the key change for the last repetition isn't in the aircheck, either, and I enjoy that as well.

So, how about you? Are there any K.K. songs where you prefer the live version to the aircheck?

One of my favorite live songs is K.K. Ballad. There's something sweet about it that doesn't quite transfer to the aircheck version. I like both, but prefer the former.

I'll say this about K.K.'s live performances, though: he always whistles just a tiny bit out of tune. Most people probably don't notice, but I do, and it's always bugged me a little bit. ^o^;>

K.K. Jongara live is much longer than the aircheck version (which lasts only about 20 seconds). I also prefer K.K. Hypno live. I loved K.K. Hypno live in ACCF when it was an off-time jive but when it turned into an aircheck......nah

I also agree with you on Bubblegum K.K.
I actually believe most of NL's aircheck songs are disappointing compared to their live versions.

I like Comrade K.K. Live :) including the slightly off tune whistling

the live performance of k.k. love song is so different to the ' cd ' version... so i prefer the live version...

Most of the slower songs. I really love k.k. Lament live.

k.k. bossa but i imagine it's just because it reminds me of the animal crossing movie lol.

The live version of K.K. Rockabilly might just be my favorite. I love seeing my villagers rocking out to that tune.

Back