• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Where will you place your house?

I always seem to get my house placed near the museum, somewehere in the middle of town. I think I'll follow on with that and do the same if the museum is already there when I arrive.

I want my house close to the beach! Maybe in the corner of town so I have all that space to myself. But sometimes I feel that's too distant from everything... We'll see ;)
I like the idea of living on the cliff overlooking the ocean! I'll keep that one in mind.

Top right corner, I'm hoping for a stream of water to be keeping my house apart from the city, I love having all the space to myself!! :D

The cliff is a brilliant place! Maybe I put my house there, too. Imagine how nice it would be to stand in front of your house, turn the camera and look at the ocean.
It was confirmed that we are able to turn the camera 360? outside as well, wasn't it? Or is that feature only available in buildings as it was before?

At the beach would be perfect... but I guess that won't be possible.. so as near to the beach as possible (yeah cliff sounds good). :]

It was confirmed that we are able to turn the camera 360? outside as well, wasn't it? Or is that feature only available in buildings as it was before?

nah that wasn't confirmed... I would hate that feature... would totally destroy the soul of ac.

Last edited:
I'm going to put mine near a waterfall. Not too close, but not too far. I want room to plant flowers outside and maybe other things that they add as outdoor decorations.

Either on a cliff overlooking the beach, right next to a waterfall, or near the entrance to the mall. Depends which are avaliable.

Although the cliff seems to be prime, I would prefer mine to be smack in the middle....

In the SMACK CENTER of town. Why?

Animal tracks.

From the boxart, screen caps, and video I've seen there have been "paths" in the village--- I strongly suspect Nintendo has put pre-made paths in the game, but if they ARE animal tracks then my village will have NONE because I'll leave for my errands in different directions every time.

(.'___.)

Seriously, Nintendo. Nobody wants dirty towns.

Don't know yet, I'll have to take a look at the new village layout. Probably by the beach or the river. =)

I strongly suspect Nintendo has put pre-made paths in the game

If that is the case, which I doubt, I'm not even going to buy the game.
Pre-made paths wouldn't be able to work with randomized towns, there isn't any sort of system that would be able to determine a pathway due to all of the houses, trees, flowers, etc all being random.

I'll also mention again, if you don't want dirt towns, don't run.

But, Prof Gallows....

We would miss you....

(;___; )

And secondly- take a chill pill bill.
I'm 95% sure Nintendo is going to make pre-made paths in the game. Each would lead from the town square to the major infrastructure (Museum, Nook's shop, even to the beach).

I'm not just blowing hot air here.
Look at the box art for a clue: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y27VvisJ7ec
If you look closely I can count 6 different paths leading away from the town tree.
What do you think? The box art has proven to be very accurate so far.

Pre-made paths huh? Not sure if thats a good thing or bad thing?
Maybe you only have paths if you pick a certain type of town you'd like? Like the Urban one.

@ Trakker: I haven't either! Just big patches of dirt that are circular and randomly placed.

@drng: I would love it if Nintendo allowed you to customize to that level

Boxart is just art. It doesn't actually reflect what will be in the game.

and I wasn't being angry, just stating facts.
Premade paths can't be in the game. If they were, towns would be extremely misshapen and not look right. Houses are determined last in the town generation. The layout, trees, rocks, ponds, and flowers are all placed first, then houses. If there was a system that generated paths like you mentioned, it would screw up the system that places the trees and such. I think what you're seeing is just blotches of dirt, like what was in ACGC.
Also, since the thought just struck me now. Premade paths wouldn't work with being able to place your buildings, which we already know you can do. Soooo.. the chances of premade pathways are extremely slim.

Back