• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

When did you start animal crossing?

Sometime in 2010 . 3.
My kid brother got it shortly after he got his wii in '09, and I finally started playing it

The very first time I played Animal Crossing was back in 2004-6ish at a friend's house on her GameCube.

I got Wild World from my friend for my birthday in 2007, and I fell head over heels in love with it. I think I played it at least once a week until 2011 or so.

I started back in 2005 when I first got Animal Crossing for the Gamecube. I've bought every release since but the Gamecube version has been my favorite. :lemon:

IIRC it was around 2006 with my brother and his friend on the original game. I will admit during that time I always tried to steal a rocketship that his friend had... ?\_(ツ)_/?

It was December 2004, I bought the GC Animal Crossing to play over Christmas. I loved it so much, it was so different to anything I had ever played before. I had just started my first job so I used to play it when I got home at 7pm. I would look forward to playing it, in particular so I could read all the letters from the villagers, see if there was a special visitor that day and buy things in Tom Nooks store.

One thing I do miss is when Tom Nook would give you a raffle ticket when you bought something. I used to love taking them in on raffle day and seeing if I won a prize, which was normally a hard to find item I didn't have. That was great. I wish they would bring it back :)

Last edited:
Way back in 2005-2006 or so. When it first came out on gamecube. I still remember and love it. Fishing was the best ever.

I started out on the first game that was released in NA on the gamecube. I still love that dorky music and those dorky graphics -3-. My dad loved fishing in it, and it was pretty much the only game he would actually sit and play.... He was the one that finished all the houses. o.o

I got wild world soon after it came out, i cant remember why, i think one of my brothers bought it but didnt want it. I had no clue what it was and started it up. I got to the part where Nook gives you paper to write letters but didn't read what he said so I used it up writing other letters instead. Then turned off the game in frustration. When I turned it on again Resetti was there and he started shouting at me and at one point said something about "Ol' man nook" and I got really upset and thought he was angry I misused the letters and was after me for stealing Nook's paper. I started crying and didn't play again.

A few weeks after I told my bro and he reassured me it was a great game and did the resetti part then let me play again. sorry for the long story i just remembered it and it made me laugh.

August 2014 is when i got new leaf, my first game in the seiries

Since the first day of the GCN AC being released.

Last edited:
Three/four years ago. My mom and dad went to gamestop, asked the person what a good wii game for kids was. The person said AC:CF, so they got it :). Still remember my first town (WHY DID I RESET YOUUUUUUUUUUUUU) :')

THEN i heard of New Leaf. I begged my mom and got it for my Bday (Alond with my old 3DS)

Back