• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your favorite hourly song from ACWW/CF?

neptoons

wut
Bells
Blue Bunny Balloon
As the title, what's your favorite hourly song from ACWW/CF?
For me it's probably 5am-6am or 4pm-6pm.
I also really like 10pm though!
:D

i honestly can’t choose just one fave lol. all of the hourly tracks are incredible imo, and wild world’s OST is my favourite from the entire franchise. it just makes me feel so calm and nostalgic, and reminds me of simpler times. :’)

but if i had to choose, my top favourites are 10am, 6pm, 8pm, 10pm, 1am and 5am! i also love 6am and 8am and how iconic and upbeat they are. 😩

3AM. This honestly is my favorite only because it brings back so many memories. One summer when I was like thirteen, my mates and I were up super late in one of their towns, and I just remember this song playing on repeat. I was so happy that I was in that position, a teenager up at 3am playing video games with their buddies. Its such an emotional song, maybe just for that reason, but it's always going to be my favorite.

I like them all. I don't have a copy of Animal Crossing: Wild World but I want one. Maybe I will ask for one for my Easter Basket.

Update: I sent nana an amazon affiliate link for Animal Crossing: Wild World for my easter list.

Made a ranking since all of the songs are, at the very least, somewhat good:

24. 4AM - It's just a bit creepy, I'm uncomfortable with how the xylophone creeps up on you (like, the volume raises very quickly out of nowhere) and its still the dead of night, not to mention it seems to be always raining when it plays.

23. 10AM - If I heard this playing when I woke up... I would go back to sleep, immediately.

22. 3PM - It's good, just basic.

21. 9PM - A bit ominous like 4AM, but at least there are some different beats.

20. 11AM - 3PM without the Tom Nook work flashbacks.

19. 2PM - It's literally a cross between 11AM and 7PM.

18. 7PM - I actually really like the song itself, but the time isn't right at all (way too late).

17. 7AM - AAAAND this one seems to early. Dammit seven!

16. 1PM - It's good.

15. 4PM - It's good.

14. 5PM - It's the affair child of 7PM.

13. 6AM - It's great.

12. 8AM - It's a really cool upbeat tune, but the shrieky main instrument is a bit obnoxious.

11. 12AM - It's definitely midnight. Go to bed.

10. 6PM - Really basic, but a chill kind of basic.

9. 2AM - Aside from the fact it feels like a murder is about to happen, this song sounds really relaxing.

8. 12AM - It's definitely noon. Wake up.

7. 8PM - 6PM, but GUITARRRRR.

6. 9AM - Why is there an R&B song in my Nintendo game-

5. 1AM - All of the "very early" songs (before 6) are God tier, outside of 4AM, and this a perfect example of that.

4. 5AM - I really get this song, like it's light out but not really the morning quite yet. It makes me want to sit atop the town hall and watch the sunrise.

3. 11PM - This... This song is just.. too much.

2. 10PM - The game is basically screaming at you, "STARGAZE AND ABSORB THE MUSIC NOW."

1. 3AM - See reasoning above.

12 PM
10 PM
11 PM
5 AM

Wild World got amazing hourly music. 11 PM is probably my favourite.

I like most them all so much. Here is a tier list created (using the City Folk versions as a reference). 4am and 9pm are just not in the same level of greatness to me. 4am is a bit of an anxiety trigger. Not sure how to describe 9pm, but it's missing the relaxing night vibe that came before and that comes after.

my-image (1).png

Really late but here’s how I’d rank them
24. 9pm. Really annoying and repetitive
23. 4am. Like the last one but it actually fits because you really shouldn’t be on the game at 4am. Sometimes which one I think is worse is different
22. 9am. This song is just really basic. I do have to say that I started to like it more after I actually started playing at this time
21. 10am. I think it’s because I started playing at this time more often too, but I started to like this song and it started to feel more fitting for 10am
20. 5pm. Most 5pms are great but this one is just eh
19. 7pm. It’s kind of like an ad hour. It’s like an ad that plays right before a better song
18. 3pm. Kind of basic and it’s a little annoying but I really started to warm up to it. Definitely my favorite 3pm
17. 5am. I used to think it was eerie but now I think it’s calming
16. 12pm. It’s pretty basic. City folk improved it by extending it but that’s not really enough
15. 1pm. This, however, is a really good song. It’s really goofy and playful and is just a fun time
14. 7am. My least favorite 7am but that’s not saying much since I like all of them. This one is just not as detailed as those ones. It sounds like perfect before school music though
13. 8am. This is how you know your morning’s going to be good. It sounds like you’re trying to get things done
12. 11am. And this is how you know your afternoon’s going to be good. It’s a little energetic, but still kind of slow. Pretty good song
11. 2pm. Another playful song. It has that fun bass like horn rhythm in the background. And also I really like the marimba
10. 4pm. An energetic theme, but it’s still kind of slow. It’s still fitting for the day ending
9. 6pm. And this is an even more fitting song for the day ending. It just sounds cheerful like you’re happy to put the day behind you which makes 7pm sound even more like filler
8. 10pm. This song is kind of mysterious, but it still captures 10pm vibes. I feel like if you’re going to sleep New Leaf 10pm fits better but for staying up this one’s better
7. 11pm. Just listen to this song with headphones on and feel your soul transcend into a new state of being. Ok in all seriousness it sounds really good
6. 12am. This feels like a good contrast to the last theme. It sounds like happy time is over and that there’s no end in sight
5. 1am. This song is a sad remix of the main theme. It’s slow and melancholy, especially the accordion part. I like the guitar in wild world better
4. 6am. I know it feels weird to put here but it’s just really good. It’s slow and happy, and sounds like you’re going to have a good day
3. 8pm. Remember what I said about 6 and 4pm? Well this is that but even more. It sounds sadder, but after the accordion part when the drum set kicks back in it sounds encouraging
2. 3am. It’s also encouraging but for the whole song. The night’s ending now and you get to hear this song
1. 2am. Really sad and just amazing. It can be nostalgic even if you never even played either game

I love the 4AM theme. It reminds me of being on ACC during summer nights on Wi-Fi too late, and around 4:30AM the birds would start to chirp and I'd have trouble getting to sleep.

I love this the most, because I would get on the game normally around 6 or 7pm, it was after dinner, and this reminds me of just wrapping up for the day.

5am is supreme, ordered by hour so I didn’t really rank within the tiers

my-image 244.png

I like them all. I really wanted this game so badly, but cooled not get it. I had that ds FAT yes that one. So I got Nintendogs.
The only two game of worth on my ds (that ds FAT) were Nintndogs and PKW2, but I wanted this game so bad, and I endted up with CF. I ended up playing WW on my 3dsxl,, I am in love with all AC songs, they relly do a good job one of the few game series that do no matter what game you play.

WW has the best music in all games in my opinion, I love the opening theme most

10PM and 11PM are so peaceful and nostalgia :,)

I also enjoy 4 PM because it would play when I would get home from school back when I went (I rode the bus so I wouldn’t get home until 4PM-ish).

1PM is so cheerful and upbeat.

I like how 2PM has a low-pitched beat.

8pm ; i always get tired at 8pm because of it

lots of runner ups too

Last edited:
8PM and 10PM are my favorite hourlies to vibe with...

But 12PM has a special place now, back in 2021 I played wild world during my lunch breaks at work for a while LOL

My absolute favorite is 2 AM. It just feels so melancholic and nostalgic..
Honestly none of the other tracks come close to that one for me.

Back