• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Whats your Favorite games for the switch?

Splatoon, and Animal Crossing.
I bought the system just for those two games, and pokemon, but the pokemon games turned out to be awful, so rip.
I have bought a lot of other games, but haven't even bothered to finish anything other than Links Awakening.

Animal Crossing, Breath of the Wild, Mario Kart, Stardew Valley, and Link’s Awakening!

Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Pokemon Sword/Shield, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Super Smash Brothers Ultimate, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Rescue Team DX, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Animal Crossing, Fire Emblem: Three Houses, Smash Ultimate! I really love the switch so far and am hoping for another Kirby/Pikmin game soon 🙂

Some of my favorites are Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, Luigi's Mansion 3, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Pokémon Sword, and Mario Kart 8 Deluxe~

honestly, rn it’s only new horizons as there’s aren’t any other switch games out rn that interest me lol

Either you have EXTREMELY picky taste in games or gaming just isn't for you, if you are even remotely considering returning your Switch.
It's very easy to boot up the eShop and browse for things, not sure why you absolutely NEED responses here, but okay I'll indulge you.
Here are some things I've enjoyed a lot on the Switch. I'll even make it easy for you by linking you to their store pages.

Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Encore
Astral Chain
Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection
Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelist - Link Evolution
Octopath Traveler
Collection of Mana
Trials of Mana
Tales of Vesperia Definitive Edition
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth: Complete Edition
Starlink: Battle For Atlas
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Battlechasers: Nightwar
Rune Factory 4 Special
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age - Definitive Edition
Fire Emblem Warriors
River City Girls
Battle Chef Brigade
Cosmic Star Heroine
20XX
Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Should be a little something for everyone here, but my tastes clearly lean towards RPGs.

Some of my favorite games on the switch include:

Super Mario Maker 2
Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Pokemon Shield
Super Mario Odyssey
Astral Chain
Luigi's Mansion 3
Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age
Psyvariar Delta
Hollow Knight

Plus the switch has a gigantic e-shop selection with a ton of underrated gems as well as arcade games, indie games, obscure console games.

Besides the obvious one (hehe) I play Overcooked 2 a lot as well as Pokemon, UNO, and Warframe.

Should I just return the switch?? Let's see how many good games it can play. .

Mariokart, Stardew Valley, Pokemon Sun, Terraria, Naruto Ninja Storm, Forager, Hyrule warriors, Zelda breath of the wild, Zelda link to the paste, Mario 3 pack with Galaxy and Sunshine, Pokemon mystery dungeons, Minecraft, Valyria chronicles 4, Dragon Ball Z, Overcooked, Supermario Bros, Luigis mansion 2, Super Mario maker and a host of others on the store.

As far as Nintendo games go, I totally feel you. Not many really interest me, especially for their high price tag. I actually don't have a favourite Switch game (yet). I do like New Horizons, Lets Go Eevee, Mario Kart 8, Smash Ultimate and Kirby Star Allies but I wouldn't consider them favourites.

There are definitely some Switch games that aren't Nintendo like Stardew Valley that are good. I recommend scrolling through the eShop for more "indie" games or ones with different developers. I like Spyro and Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney as well.

If you have a 3DS, I'd recommend going back and checking those games out that you might have missed if nothing on the Switch interests you. I ended up buying Yokai Watch and Tomodachi Life that I didn't get during the 3DS popularity and have been enjoying them.

i love nintendo games they're so lit, my favourites are:
- legend of zelda: breath of the wild
- mario kart 8
- minecraft
- splatoon 2
- animal crossing new horizons
- spiritfarer
- pheonix wright: ace attorney
- super mario odyssey

there's probably more that i can't think of rn though, but those are mostly one's i've bought ages ago and played recently because they're so fun
especially breath of the wild, best game ever 💕

My top 3 games on the switch are Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Pokemon Shield and Pokemon Odyssey, I really love playing all these games and the ones I have spent most of my time on - mostly AC and Pokemon which are the two I most often switch between - but I have spent a good amount of time on Odyssey and have played through the whole of it twice (about a year apart)

Other good games:
Legend of Zelda: BotW - not one of my tops ones just because I've never really been as into the series as I have with Pokemon and Mario games but it is a really good game and I'd highly recommend it
Mario Kart - this is a really fun game that doesn't need to take up too much time, quite a fun game to dip in and out off and the circuits are very well designed
Pokemon Let's Go Eevee (or Pikachu) - wasn't a huge fan of this game but its not awful and its quite a nice callback to the original games (just don't expect anything new)
Super Smash Bros - another fun game that you can dip in and out off, nice to play either with family/friends or even just against the computer
Most Mario game - 3D All Stars give 3 games in one and is a really nice addition that lets you play 3 of the older games on the switch, Mario 3D World with the new Bowsers Fury Game, Mario Maker and also the Luigis Mansion game which gets many good reviews

I don’t own nor can I afford to buy a ton but each of the ones I have are very worthy of my collection.

-I am really enjoying the wealth and depth of content in fire emblem three houses atm. I just finished the deer house story (my very first run through)!

There are many, many games I would love to be able to one day play on my switch as well

-Super Mario 3 stars: I definitely understand the frustration around this release but I honestly just love being able to play these games plus Mario odessey on my switch!

-Legend of Zelda BOTW- just a really good game with endless content as pretty much everyone who has played it will say.

-Mario kart 8- came with my switch, it’s a classic and a great way to spend time with people sometimes.

-ACNH- nothing needs to be said here ! Don’t think it’s the best installation of animal crossing but I still enjoy it now and then.

-Mario plus Rabbids Kingdom battle- really fun strategy with great design and aesthetics+ music. Gets pretty difficult but it’s just so much fun!

-Mario Odessey- brilliant Mario game.

-

My switch is basically an Animal Crossing machine 😅 that is the whole reason why I bought it. A short Hike is a fun, relaxing little game I enjoyed playing. Like the title states it's a shorter game. I think I played it for about a week or so before completing it but I really enjoyed it. Another game I bought and enjoyed for awhile is Cattails. I eventually lost interest after completing the main quest but it was fun while it lasted. If you have an online nintendo membership there's a bunch of retro super nintendo games on there. I've enjoyed playing Super Mario World and Donkey Kong Country. I'll also mention Untitled Goose Game as it's a fun, silly little game that I like to play when I need a break from animal crossing. The premise consists of a pesky goose thats runs around the town causing mischief. It's actually quite entertaining and there's an extra to do list that can be unlocked.

Back