What's your favorite Animal Crossing game?

What's your favorite Animal Crossing game?

• N64/Gamecube

Votes: 5 7.4%
  • Wild World (DS)

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • City Folk/LGTTC (Wii)

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • New Leaf (3DS)

Votes: 55 80.9%

• Total voters
new leaf! i have a lot of memories of the gamecube version from my childhood, however. but there were just so many great features added to new leaf, and it's definitely the most fun to play for me. and being able to visit other player's so easily is something that i feel like wasn't there in the previous titles.

i loved wild world, since that was my first, but there's villagers that only feature in new leaf that i consider my dreamies, and there's a lot of features in new leaf (such as being able to decorate the town to my liking, and being the mayor in general!) that makes it ten times more fun imo.

I'm really liking this New Leaf. City Folk comes in as a close second, but nothing can beat New Leaf as of right now.

I haven't played the GameCube one but out of the next three, New Leaf would be my favorite just because the number of features completely outnumbers the other two.

My Rankings would be

1. New Leaf
2. City Folk
3. Wild World

the only animal crossing game ive played is new leaf but i wish i had the gamecube version. ive always wanted to play it.

I haven't played + or e+, but I doubt many people play those games anyway, I've played the rest though, so here's my personal opinion.

1. CF/LGTTC
2. WW
3. GCN
4. N64
5. NL

I don't play GCN and N64 that much, and N64 is basically GCN with less features and minor differences. They are both fun to play, especially GCN since it has more content. Plus and GCN fixed a lot of the problems N64 had, apparently, which is why I ranked GCN higher. I've heard e+ is like the jump between GCN and WW, someday I might get it.

WW is what I consider the better of the two handheld games. It removed and butchered a lot of the stuff GCN had, but it also had plenty of new features, and I really like the touch controls. This one has my favorite villager dialogue, and the special NPCs had more fleshed out personalities. There's a large amount of new characters, along with new villagers, such as the monkeys, Ruby, and Whitney. It had amazing graphics for an early DS game, and has good graphics for the DS in general. It introduced my favorite Animal Crossing music. Many more new things were introduced as well, such as tools. Villagers wouldn't simply move out without notice and would be in boxes if you visited their house when they were trying to move. For the first time, you could play AC with friends near and far. This game made AC like it is today. However, it loses points for the removal of most holidays, one of the biggest aspects of GCN, and overall having the removal of many things from GCN. It was still very fun, however, and is my second favorite, only behind CF.

CF was a game that improved on WW. It introduced new NPCs, villagers, and various features like it's DS equivalent. One of the biggest things it improved on was the online. You could now do things such as have K.K. play a song while friends were over. With Wii speak you could chat with friends faster, and with your own voice. There were default messages you could click on so you could chat with someone in a simpler way. It also had a city where most of the shops were all in one spot so you didn't have to run back and forth between one spot in your town and another. Silver tools were introduced, which weren't as weak as regular tools, but weren't the ultimate gold tools. The graphics were the best yet. Some features from GCN returned, such as holidays, ledges, Wisp, and various villagers cut in WW, while still retaining most of the features from the previous game. You could degrade your Nook store if you wanted to after you unlocked Nookingtons. However, it loses points for having not as decent villager discussion as WW, the grass destruction, and not being able to go to the city with friends. It is my favorite AC game.

NL appears to have thrown almost everything CF introduced out the window. Even store degrading, which would have fit perfectly with being the mayor, was cut. The mayor feature didn't even have much. It was simply a few minor gameplay changes, and PWPs, which already existed in e+. Dream towns felt pointless to me, as you couldn't take anything from there back with you. Red turnips were removed and not replaced with anything. The artstyle changed completely, and now it's much too realistic. It appears to have lost that Animal Crossing charm. (Also, Tom Nook is now wearing a sweater which I find to be ugly, no offense.) I didn't really like the music, to be honest. The town layout seems to be the most boring in this game, with no ledges or special features like islands, bays, or canyons. The only features which I think stand out are club tortimer, and best friends chat, and both will become useless when the online is cut off. If anything, it's a spiritual sequel to GCN, which is what CF pretty much is as well.

I've also played HHD, but I can't really rate it since it's a spin-off. I like Lottie though, I hope she has a major role in the next new AC game.

These are just my opinions, you don't have to agree with them.

Last edited:
New leaf as I havent played much of the others. The only other ac game Ive had was wild world but even that one I havent played as much compared to new leaf. That is because when i discovered acww, new leaf was about to be released and I jumped onto the new one. I also love how in new leaf you have a lot of control over your dream town outcome:)

I haven't played the Gamecube or City Folk games, but out of the two I have played, New Leaf just has better graphics, more customization and fun features, and is all-in-all a better game. Although I will say that Wild World's cranky villagers were a million times better, they were a lot more actually cranky which made it a lot more rewarding when they'd say nice, friendly things.

I personally love the gamecube version so much, partly because it introduced me to the series, but I just have so many childhood memories from it :') but i mean all of the other games are so amazing and ahhhh idk new leaf is reeeally awesome too. I have no idea why wild world is so low on the poll? in my opinion city folk is the worst, partly because it was the opposite of portable, i also have a deep hatred for the wiimote but all of them were great. :)

avery said:
I personally love the gamecube version so much, partly because it introduced me to the series, but I just have so many childhood memories from it :') but i mean all of the other games are so amazing
Same, but I'm the type to look past nostalgia, and IMO gameplay-and-graphics-wise the newer games (City Folk is the best IMO) are better.
avery said:
and ahhhh idk new leaf is reeeally awesome too.
I would agree with New Leaf being great but for some reason it's just missing that Animal Crossing charm.
avery said:
I have no idea why wild world is so low on the poll? in my opinion city folk is the worst, partly because it was the opposite of portable, i also have a deep hatred for the wiimote
City Folk is Wild World but 100x better. I can't really argue with the portable point because it doesn't matter to me, but I can see how it would matter to some people. You can have AC:GC like controls by plugging in a Nunchuk.

City Folk + Nunchuk

My history with Animal Crossing is foggy up until the 2010s. At that point, I was still very much enjoying Animal Crossing: City Folk, and I continued to play constantly until New Leaf came out. I'm not sure if I got Wild World or City Folk first, but I do remember playing and enjoying City Folk differently. I just really got more out of City Folk for some reason. My only gaming console I currently play with is my 3DS, which arguably is past it's prime anyways. I still prefer home consoles to portables, regardless. Something about immersion. I dunno.

I liked the aspect of the City. It was always exciting, but retreating to the familiar village came with a feeling of solace as if you went to a big city in real life. I think it was the more relatable game to me, coming from a somewhat rural town but also relatively close to one of the most iconic cities in the world; New York City. New Leaf was announced as I still held on to City Folk, and it was really exciting. I remember it being May 2013 and in the school locker room I was going on and on to a friend about my drawing, which displayed all the new experiences I could and would have in the game. New Leaf was and is all I've ever wanted to to be and more, which is why it's my 2nd fav game of the series. ;) Regardless of NL being awesome, I still feel like City Folk is a game I don't think I would ever get tired of.

I love Wild World but now New Leaf is my favorite, I think it's a complete game with more cutomization, villagers, interactions, events ... I can't wait for the next one :D

New Leaf, I love the features and the game overall. The other ones seem very limited, for obvious reasons, so I really love New Leaf.

Animal Crossing New Leaf definitely is my favorite Animal Crossing game because it has plenty of content in store for you and it keeps you busy for several months.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Animal Crossing New Leaf definitely is my favorite Animal Crossing game because it has plenty of content in store for you and it keeps you busy for several months :)

New Leaf is my favorite because of the improved graphics, the huge amount of possible villagers, and the levels of town customization. I also like that I can play as a female character without being stuck in a dress that makes me look like a Keebler elf. The game is just so relaxing; it's such a nice treat when life gets overwhelming.

Wild World would be second for me. I was 11 or 12 when I first got a DS, and that game hooked me completely. It was so magical to lie in bed at night and visit my little town of Mooville. (I know, I know.)

City Folk just didn't grab me in the same way, I think because it had to be played on a larger console. My towns always feel like they should be a private thing, little worlds that fit in my pocket that I can unfold and explore while tucked into a corner of the couch. I don't really want to have to play it in a high-traffic area of the house, and the large screen takes away some of the specialness for me. Cool features, though.

I wanted to love the GC game, but to be honest, something about the movement (that constantly rotating ground) gave me horrible headaches every time I tried to play. Haha. So I gave it up by necessity.

Back