Green Balloon
Red Balloon
Dreamy Party Popper
Light Blue Balloon
Orange Balloon
Blue Balloon
Green Balloon
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Yesterday Lionel asked to leave. I was so torn. He has been with me from the beginning and has been one of my favorites. For a while, I was having fun with villager hunts and selecting my own villagers, but now I’ve switched and decided to allow the random thing to happen I’ve Also decided that if anyone asks to leave I’m going to say yes. Just to keep it fresh. For a long time I was hanging onto my favorite villagers. How are handling your Villagers coming and going?

Currently I only have 2 villagers I'm willing to part with. So, I won't let anybody else leave until those 2 leave the island as well. I typically get voided villagers from other islands if I don't go island hopping, so I either spend some NMTs or get a villager off of this website! Sorry you're getting rid of somebody that was your favorite, though!

Only the Amiibo ones can leave. Actually, Octavian can't because I have all 3 Octopus villagers together on the map screen.

I'm playing New Horizons the same way I played Wild World and New Leaf and that's by letting villagers come and go. I like meeting new animals! Apart from a handful of residents to whom I have become too attached, I have 2-3 that I will move out from time to time, especially any islander of a personality type that I have at least two of. I do enjoy the thrill of mystery island hopping. Usually I'm able to find someone I'd like to invite within 10-12 tickets. 🏝

From my current line-up, my only long-term/permanent residents are Agnes and Judy, both of whom I do not have Amiibos for (or in Judy's case, her Amiibo does not yet exist). Otherwise, I've either gotten their framed photo and am able to bring them back if I really want to in the future or am working towards receiving their framed photo. I do look forward to the surprises of going island-hopping every two weeks or so, as I find it a lot more meaningful to draw conclusions about a villager's appearance when you meet them in-game.

It depends on how you feel, really. I was hoping to get a Lazy Villager for my last available slot, but then I found Coco, who's just too cute. But now I have too many Normals. I'm CONSIDERING, letting Maple leave.... but only if she either asks, or a sufficiently cute Lazy villager turns up, like Bob, Filbert, Hornsby, Ozzie, Stitches or Zucker. Definitely Sherb if he turns up.

I keep them until they give me their photo after that they're free to leave/be selected. I don't have dreamies so most of the time i let the void fill the empty spots

My island is like Hotel California - you can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

I cycled through some villagers, but the 10 I have now are favorites and I'd hate to see them go.

Keep 6 and cycle 4. I'm looking for one in particular so in the end it'll be cycle 3. I tt to get my cycling villagers to leave after I get their photos

i'm keeping a select few but if anyone else asks to move i just let them go. i'm also trying to be less picky with villagers on mystery islands now bc i wanna experience more

It depends on how you feel, really. I was hoping to get a Lazy Villager for my last available slot, but then I found Coco, who's just too cute. But now I have too many Normals. I'm CONSIDERING, letting Maple leave.... but only if she either asks, or a sufficiently cute Lazy villager turns up, like Bob, Filbert, Hornsby, Ozzie, Stitches or Zucker. Definitely Sherb if he turns up.
I do the same thing. The Campsite has been where I've invited the last few villagers (Coach, Wolfgang). Also, I was wondering where you got your signature images? I love the sprites!

Everyone can go, but, I have to get their photos first. Then they can leave. I always hunt villagers that have the same personality as the villager who moved out.

I’ve gotten too attached to ALL my villagers, so I‘m never letting any of them leave, except maybe Audie in a few months. I also might let Stitches, Ruby, and Benjamin leave at some point because I have their amiibos!

8 is the perfect number for me. I get to have my dream villagers and then 2 that I cycle to keep things fresh. When I hunt I also just limit myself to 30 NMTs since whoever I get wont be permanent anyway so no point in wasting too many tickets.

Since I started the game knowing pretty much nothing, my ‘strategy’ has been not so much strategy as whims that developed into habits.

I like island hopping a lot, and I like getting to have a lot of villagers.

However, I am starting to accumulate more and more villagers who are/ have become favorites, narrowing the number of spots I am willing to cycle.

I think currently I have 4 never moving out (probably) villagers and two more who are at least not any time soon move outs, which really limits my options and opportunities for island hopping.

I also have a few amiibo cards and plan on buying some more, but haven’t actually moved anyone in that way, because it just isn’t as fun as island hopping or finding random campsite villagers (still so disappointed I couldn’t get Charlise to move in, due to either me messing up the reset or the fact that fuchsia was in boxes and I didn’t want to replace her).

I love the villager photo system, as it gives me such cute little keepsakes of all my babes.

If a villager asks me to go, I only let them leave if they’ve given me their picture. I just wanna collect all the pictures of villagers that have stayed on my island.

The only villager I know I 100% will want to keep on my island is Stitches. Though if others come along that I love, I may keep them too. I really love Pietro, so I’ll probably keep him too. 😍

My island is currently under lockdown. No one leaves. :ROFLMAO:

It costed me a lot of time getting them from players and friends. I won't have the heart to let them go. However, I may change my mind one day.

Current strategy is to prevent Lucky, Tangy, Kabuki, and Audie from leaving while waiting patiently for Pashmina, Rowan, Norma, Rex, and Curlos to ask to leave. In the mean time I still talk to them and give them gifts just because getting their photos might be nice (plus higher friendship means it's more likely they'll ask to go). Eventually I plan on buying/island hopping for Judy, Julian, O'Hare, Renee, Zucker and Tia.

Right now I'm trying to focus on the villagers I do plan on keeping by designing the areas around where their houses are gonna go.

At the moment, I am content on keeping my current ten villagers for the foreseeable future. Things may change, based on my feelings towards my villagers, but I've grown quite attached to all of them and, given my theme, I know that moving out one of my villagers is only going to make things more complicated. If Nintendo ever decided to update the game with more new villagers though...that would be a game-changer.

I've got some villagers I definitely want to keep but it's a mixed bag with the rest. Some I'm definitely going to let go, others are staying but I'd like to let them go in the long term so I can meet new villagers.

For now I'm trying to make sure to have at least 1-2 spots for random villagers so I can enjoy the game with less pressure and just have fun interacting with them, but there are some villagers I really want to get (and keep) eventually.

For example, I love Katt. I had her in NL and even had someone hold her for me when I reset. I really want to have her on my island but I'm really liking my current Uchi so she'll have to wait. :p

Back