• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What’s your current Villager “strategy”

Most of my villagers are permanent. I could never get rid of Punchy, Mitzi, Raymond, Rudy, Felicity, Tom, or Katt.
Snake and Carmen can go wherever they please.

Of my villagers, only Coco, Beau, Rudy, and Bunnie are permanent. Depending on which ones, I'm a bit more hesitant to let go. I've already let my last villager go who I could see moving away so it's gonna be harder to decide who can leave next.

I love island hopping and I want to cycle in more villagers which is why I don't mind letting some go. I do have a lot of my villagers' amiibos so I can get them back if I so choose.

i have one villager,Molly, that is a permanent resident. there are 1 or 2 others that I may not let go either. The rest I'll let go in time. My main one to go now is Chief(random from someone's void). I won't let anyone else leave before him. I need a sisterly as their bf reaction is the only one I'm missing so that's my plan for my next villager. I'd really like Cherry or Frita as my sisterly. A friend said she might let Tangy go and offered her to me and I'll take her if we can make it work timing wise. I do want to get Stitches and Shep down the line. Dom is kinda cute too.

Basically until I got the 10 villagers I wanted, they just went whenever they wanted to. Now I only want them going if I get their photo.

Bianca, Julian, Diana, Skye, & Bones are never moving. Apollo can go if a really cool camper shows up. Freya and Ankha I'd like to send to good homes if my current wifi situation will let me. And Soleil...Soleil can go where she wants lmao

I'm trying hard not to do too much of the dreamie thing this game, but also...I love the aforementioned 5 so much! Hesperides Core Team, away!

I’m slowly accumulating deer villagers. I’ve got a couple non-deer I’m going to hold on for longer but as soon as the buffer’s gone they’re leaving

No dreamies. IF they want to move, I'll think about it. Then go island hopping and take whoever catches my attention. I think its been better for me this way.

The only permanent villagers I have are Raymond and maybe Sherb since it would be a pain to get them back again. All other villagers leave pretty soon after I get their photo. If they move out their own pretty quickly, I'll island hop until I get a villager I don't have amiibo for. Otherwise I boot them out myself via the campsite.

I’ve grown attached to all of my current villagers, and I don’t see myself getting rid of any of them anytime soon. It’s a bit of an issue, actually, as I don’t have a smug villager, and haven’t gotten all of the smug reactions, but don’t really want to let anyone go.

Several villagers are from Amiibo cards (four of them), and while I could move them in again, I bought their cards because they were animals I wanted. (I also have a couple more cards I haven’t had space for in ACNH that I used in ACNL.) For the others, I liked my starters, and I did a fair amount of island hopping to get my next three villagers. I didn’t care for villager #6, Chops, so I let him move out. Then I moved in the four Amiibo villagers, and then I waited a few months for a campsite villager I liked to become #10 a couple of weeks ago. I originally thought that I might want to let some of the earlier villagers go, but I’ve grown so attached to them at this point that I can’t bring myself to do so.

Part of me wants to see more new faces, but I like my current crew, and I’ve always been one to minimize villager movement when possible anyway. So for now, I’m keeping my current batch of ten, and focusing more on island customization.

If I decide to switch it up, I’ll probably just buy more Amiibo cards, if possible. It seems a lot easier than trying to trade for villagers or spending hours island hopping. Some island hopping can be fun, but I find that it gets tedious.

I just can't let them go. I finally let Bam move, because I needed a smug. I replaced him with Zell. That was hard. Took me months to finally do it.

I will kick the ones that are my least favorite among my other villagers first, but i have to get their framed pictures before doing that. In my case they're Lyman and Erik, but since Erik just recently moved to my island and i haven't got his picture so i have to write him off from the list and replace him with Norma (Although i actually love her)

And about inviting new villagers, i only rely on Campsite and Island Hopping. I only invite those who are personally my favorites in Campsite, and i only do Island Hopping when certain villager move out and i need to find the replacement and I'll take any villager who comes first

I have 8 villagers currently that I won’t part with - Raymond, Judy, Tasha, Audie, Pekoe, Fang, Sherb and Agnes.

The other 2 - Ketchup and Melba - I do like but would be willing to swap out for a change. I have their Amiibo cards if I want them back.

I hate Flora's house exterior, as it's a dump, and am thinking of replacing her with Cookie, though I'm torn.

I've been going with the strategy of keeping seven, and rotating the other 3 plots. Collecting framed photos this way, and experiencing wayyy more villagers than I typically do whenever I play AC games. I've been really enjoying this strategy so far. :)

I will kick the ones that are my least favorite among my other villagers first, but i have to get their framed pictures before doing that. In my case they're Lyman and Erik, but since Erik just recently moved to my island and i haven't got his picture so i have to write him off from the list and replace him with Norma (Although i actually love her)

And about inviting new villagers, i only rely on Campsite and Island Hopping. I only invite those who are personally my favorites in Campsite, and i only do Island Hopping when certain villager move out and i need to find the replacement and I'll take any villager who comes first
Holy Moly that Sig 😵

Since playing New Leaf In had some favourite character which I considered "keepers" and was reluctant to let go (Whitney, Lobo and Merengue mostly). Also Bill since he was one of my original villagers. But it makes the game more stagnant and you don't get to interact with villagers you'd otherwise completely disregard. I had Pashmina move in randomly and was surprised how nice her character design and how fun her attitude was.

Now I'm mostly "befriend them until they give their picture" and then let them roam free^^

This is hard for me, because I do want new villagers but I have all of my dreamies at the moment, so it's really hard to let them go. I think after I get their photo, I might be ready to say goodbye to a couple of them.

I did end up letting Maple go not too long ago, which I never thought I would do. But I was in the mood for someone new.
My method recently is just keep the ones I absolutely LOVE which are Alfonso, Julian, Wolfgang, Melba and Lily. Then I guess I can just cycle through the rest. But I do get attached to my villagers pretty easy. 😂

I get attached to my villagers! I insist on maintaining a list of "permies," while being willing to rotate out one animal in my lineup (whoever is in my normal slot, as I find it harder to get attached to any specific normal villager).

Fate can be a strange thing, though. I thought I would never let go of Maddie, my starter peppy, but then I did and met Audie. I think there's merit in both keeping villagers for the long run and letting some go.

I keep a villager until they give me their photo. Villagers move in so quickly now, so if I don’t go island hopping the first day that the plot is open, some villager from someone else’s island moves in, tacky outfits and all. Happened twice already because I dread mystery island hopping so I kinda forget to do it. And I’m not even picky, I’m just looking for a specific personality and a species I don’t already have, but the game does everything in its power to make me visit at least 10 islands before I find a villager that matches the criteria.

Back