• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your ACNL pet peeve?

Another one of mine is having to read a letter before you can toss it. Especially if it's something I ordered from HHA or Nook's I only care about the item. Why can't I just toss the letter? I know what it says, why must I read it?

Another one of mine is having to read a letter before you can toss it. Especially if it's something I ordered from HHA or Nook's I only care about the item. Why can't I just toss the letter? I know what it says, why must I read it?

this or that you cant throw them away in specific places -_-

Also that garbage cans doesn't count towards a perfect town. the **** they should be thankful I build one so crap can be thrown away.

And as I said before, dream codes changing for no reason. bullcrap Luna.

A lot of them have already been mentioned, but I'll mention them again because they're that annoying.

-Having to keep patterns in your inventory. I can deal with the 10 slots, I just hate having to carry around a bunch of paths instead of being able to store them away once I'm done.
-The fact that I can't build near villagers' houses yet they can move in two inches away from anything they please.
-Having to go through the "we already have these fossils" dialogue after I've already donated them all.
-A lot of NPC dialogue in general.
-Having to wait the entire time for some island tours
-Grass wear and dead spots
-Villagers planting their ugly flowers in with my hybrids
-Fish that swim to the other side of the river when you try to catch them
-Villagers being able to move in wherever they want (seriously housing plots would be a good PWP)
-Not being able to demolish, or at least move, certain PWPs
-Rocks being in the most inconvenient spots ever
-Not being able to see villager plots on the map
-The infrequency of PWP suggestions
-Having to befriend Sable for each character when you want to use the QR code machine
-Villagers stopping by when you're trying to arrange your furniture
-And the list goes on...

-Stupid villagers not leaving. Caroline, I ignored you for almost half a year. You annoyed me so much by moving your stupid little house next to mine. I flipping restarted my game because of you. YOU DESTROYED SO MANY HYBRIDS AND PERFECT FRUIT TREES.
-Like five villagers moving right around my house. Seriously? Why? You have literally made a cluster of houses right by me. Yet poor Deena is all by herself across the bridge.
-You requested a PWP? It costs 400,000bells? How about you pay it off yourself, and whilst you're at it, pay off my mortgage, I've put around 2million bells into your PWPs, you've put like 30bells in.
-Stop walking around outside my house. Get lost, you are walking in my hybrid patch. Don't you flipping put non-hybrids down, ahat are you playing at?
-No, I don't think that you look 'cool or cute' in that stupid shirt design from someone from anytown, wear the stuff I specifically designed for you residents.
-Kapp'n, shut up. I don't want to hear a song about how you forgot your shoes on your first date with your wife, or how you put salt in your daughter's cake instead of sugar. NO, I did not get cuter from the trip to the island, I look exactly the same you dimwit.
-Villagers, stop saying I look awful, and that I look tired. It's freaking mean.
-Shut the hell up Isabel, I don't need an explanation on how to write letters.
-Cyrus, wake up for crying out loud. I don't care if there are people round, it's flipping rude.
-Villagers, stop coming round for a 'suprise visit' I'M BUSY.
-That god damn unlucky thing where you fall flat on your face.
-No, I'm not getting you some fruit, shake the tree yourself, you do it to non fruit trees, what's the difference?? No, I'm not fishing or catchin you a certain thing, you have nets and fishing rods, catch it yourself!
-Grass wear, STOP.
-Shop keepers, stop welcoming and saying goodbye to me, also stop following me. JEEZE.
/Rantoverfornow/

Region locking. Ooh you want Japan, Korea or Germany stuff? Tough *******, get a game in the language AND countless 3DS console or harass everyone on random sites.

Come on nintendo remove the **** lock already.

-Stupid villagers not leaving. Caroline, I ignored you for almost half a year. You annoyed me so much by moving your stupid little house next to mine. I flipping restarted my game because of you. YOU DESTROYED SO MANY HYBRIDS AND PERFECT FRUIT TREES.
-Like five villagers moving right around my house. Seriously? Why? You have literally made a cluster of houses right by me. Yet poor Deena is all by herself across the bridge.
-You requested a PWP? It costs 400,000bells? How about you pay it off yourself, and whilst you're at it, pay off my mortgage, I've put around 2million bells into your PWPs, you've put like 30bells in.
-Stop walking around outside my house. Get lost, you are walking in my hybrid patch. Don't you flipping put non-hybrids down, ahat are you playing at?
-No, I don't think that you look 'cool or cute' in that stupid shirt design from someone from anytown, wear the stuff I specifically designed for you residents.
-Kapp'n, shut up. I don't want to hear a song about how you forgot your shoes on your first date with your wife, or how you put salt in your daughter's cake instead of sugar. NO, I did not get cuter from the trip to the island, I look exactly the same you dimwit.
-Villagers, stop saying I look awful, and that I look tired. It's freaking mean.
-Shut the hell up Isabel, I don't need an explanation on how to write letters.
-Cyrus, wake up for crying out loud. I don't care if there are people round, it's flipping rude.
-Villagers, stop coming round for a 'suprise visit' I'M BUSY.
-That god damn unlucky thing where you fall flat on your face.
-No, I'm not getting you some fruit, shake the tree yourself, you do it to non fruit trees, what's the difference?? No, I'm not fishing or catchin you a certain thing, you have nets and fishing rods, catch it yourself!
-Grass wear, STOP.
-Shop keepers, stop welcoming and saying goodbye to me, also stop following me. JEEZE.
/Rantoverfornow/

Seriously? It looks like you pretty much hate the game, I mean, the game is about doing favors to animals, to give them fruit, talk to them, get their visits...

This thread might be dead but hey,I have some pet peeves too c:
-Closets,Drawers,Lockers etc. Connected to each other. Its quite useful but I CAN'T store ANYMORE ITEMS. There are over a Gazillion items in the game and I can't keep most of them because of lack of inventory space.
-Path Placement. The paths are randomly placed around you. Why can't there be a movable square grid to show where your path will be placed?
-Serious lack of dialogue. Coco said the same sentence to me 4 times in a row. Also villagers of the same type will always say the same things. Tjats why I try to keep only 1 smug, 1 uchi, 1 normal etc. In my village to keep things interesting.But I hope Nintendo did this with THE SHOPKEEPERS INSTEAD.Keep things short.
-Blathers not saying cool facts about fossils\bugs\fish anymore.
-You cannot decide to move a PWP project\a villagers house once built. If a villagers house is in the way, WHY CAN'T I just relocate my villager's house for !@#$# sake, I am THE MAYOR. While the villager's house is being built it would be cool to have them sleepover :3
-Horrible villager designs. Don't know if the devs were high on something.
-Overpticed PWP projects. 700,000 bells for a pyramid\sphinx that's as tall as your height? It would be cool if you can go in them but having them just there for 700 000 bells is not worth it.
-Building a requested PWP but the villagers would NOT like it. Coco asked me to build a rubbish bin but it turned out it can lower your TOWN RATING.
-Everything FEELS so repetitive. Due to the lack of dialogue,less things to do, I just feel that there is no replay value as your daily routine is placepaths|water flowers|talk to villagers|fish|catch bugs|make money|PWP| and then you're just done for the day.

TL;DR I felt the game was quite rushed instead of being slowly polished and perfected like the other versions(at least thats how I feel). I even wrote in the Club Nintendo Post-play ACNL survey form that the game felt rushed and repetitive. But I still thanked the devs for making such a great game.

i want to pick up fruit not kick off 231232 patterned tiles

Last edited:
1. *Shakes fruit tree* oh great i'll just pick up that frui....oh crap i just erased a custom path tile. *30 erased tiles later headbutts tree for 3 hours*

2. Oh yay a villager pinged me! Maybe they want to move cause I don't like them or maybe they would like to add a PWP! Let's go find out. Oh....you want me to go find you a pill bug? I'm not your maid go get it yourself there is a rock two feet in front of you >.>

3. *Wakes up one morning* Ahh rise and shine, hello birdies it's a lovely day today isn't it? I'll just go T&T Mart to see what's in stock....oh lovely.... someone just moved in and killed off 5 of my super rare hybrids that i worked on MONTHS to try and grow.

4. Really, PWP's that can't be demolished? Really?

5. The ratio of low quality villagers to high quality villagers is frankly pathetic. So many villagers that very few ppl like from what I've gathered, so why even put them in the game? I'm not saying let's have 100 tier one villagers or anything like that but some more balance wouldn't hurt? Unless it's all on us the community then shame on us :3

I'd go on but i'm tired and i'm starting to see things...so goodnight c:

Last edited:
Hmmmm. Most of my personal pet peeves have already been stated, so I wont go into detail on those. A few things that might not have been said before are:

- Being unable to rotate pwps
- The dinging noise coming from an alternate character's mailbox
- Having more than 2 of any personality type in town. Since the dialogue is so limited its not uncommon for me to speak to one of my smugs for example, and then talk to a different villager of the same personality type and have them say the same exact thing the previous villager just said. That bugs the heck out of me.
- Having to restart the game to get a villager to walk around town and leave the stores/main street

One of them that got me annoyed. I need 20 wrapping papers, I need to say "No, I know how to use this thing" for 20 times.

Yes, unable to rotate pwps, I want my watering pump to be able to pump water out on the right side but no, no rotating now make me feel like I am placing it facing the wall, so the water pump out from the left.

Make icon for visitors that come to my town, so I don't have to follow them or make them follow me or get paranoid when they disappear from my sight. With the icon at least I know where they are now from my map.

Letter can't be toss before reading. Oh and I have to go through 10 letter from Timothy Nook, open it, not reading and toss them.

Why villager get to move out after their action is set on that day? THEY SHOULD NOT MOVE WITHOUT MAYOR PERMISSION FIRST! this make nobody can leave their precious town for months to years without checking or, bye to your dreamie. yep because dreamies has the highest chance to move out than those you ignore. Well play Nintendo, well play.

1) Small inventory space (even with tools attached to mail).
2) Grass wear.
3) The game being anal about pwp placements.

I can sympathize with all of these so far but I still need to rant a bit too.

- When I want to pick something near a path and my character decides to rather erase the path so I have to switch to my pattern character to put it back again!

- Lack of space for patterns! Just why?!

- Grass wear... Oh, look at that beautiful brown greyish spot of dirt. Isn't it lovely? -.-

- Stop greeting me every time I enter your store! I have been there 500 times already and it annoys me!

- Stop stalking me like a thief when I want to shop!

- Cranky and Snooty villagers are way too nice.

- Lack of villager dialogue. This game is all about interacting with them and you water down every personality while they repeat themselves over and over again.

- Nintendo sucks at online gaming and New Leaf is no exception...

Edit: How could I forget about PWP placement? It's absolutely outrageous and ridiculous, especially with bridges...

- The random mechanic of PWP suggestions. I am STILL waiting for 3 very important Uchi PWPs but Katt just wont suggest anything. Not even the diving trick works. Why Nintendo?!

Last edited:
The constant random move ins when it's birds or monkeys. Seriously, I've like always gotten either Monty or Shari or Jitters/Twiggy, stop it game you have like 300+ others WHY THESE EVERY SINGLE ****ING TIME

Not being able to change character eye shape, or demolish/move some projects. I'm EXTREMELY indecisive, so small things like that bother me deeply until I end up resetting my town again.

I must edit this post to add ponds. Stupid ponds.

Last edited:
Back