• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's your ACNL pet peeve?

mayorvanessa

Bells
Winter Mittens
Small Mailbox
1. It annoys me when you lay down patterns you have to keep them in your inventory, otherwise you'll have to make a 2nd character and re-lay your paths all over again. :mad:

2. Having to go through the long conversations when you enter the stores.

3. Grass wear. Enough said.

Whenever I try to pick something up by a path... my character makes sure to do a 180 and remove the path instead. So then I have to go on my other character to fix it =_=

Also... when you're watering flowers and you aim for the space with the most coverage but your character decides on a different spot to water, thats pretty annoying.

When I water my flowers but it does that auto-turn to the other one. Ugh.
Picking up a path that your other character laid down. Double Ugh.

The most common one: To place PWP's where I want them to but I can't because something is "too close" UGGGHHH

I become enraged whenever I'm diving and a large shadow spawns out of bounds behind the ropes. It seems to ALWAYS happen when I'm diving for scallops - I'll see three or more that I KNOW are scallops spawn out of bounds before I finally get one that's accessible. I even try to swim well away from the ropes to stop it happening but it still does!

Also, ugh, store conversations. Worse when you have TIY, see something on the middle floor and go back down to check the catalog to see if you already have it. Then you go back up again and he does the conversation AGAIN! I was just HERE! augh

Everyone of you already mentioned the problem I am facing too. Yeap right!

Grass wear makes me flinch. At first I couldn't care less but now I have paths I cannot STAND grass wear >:C

A pet peeve is something that bothers you that doesn't normally bother people. Grass wear isn't one as it is a common dislike for most ACNL players.

My pet peeve is load time. Even though it lasts for just 1.5~ seconds, I can't stand it! That's why my house is like barely finished lol

What the OP mentioned and also the fact that villagers you're good friends with tend to want to leave the most. I think we should have a little more control over that because running around town making sure someone you want doesn't want to leave is quite frustrating.

Rocks...Always getting in the way and I have to think of a way to divert my paths around them...
But the most annoying thing right now,,,
Well, I browse the forums on my ipad, so I keep the sound on on my 3ds, and I keep my town in summer, and right now I keep having cicadas everywhere,,, have you ever heard a worse sound in your life? Let me do an impersonation
"MEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPP MEEEEEEEEPP MEEEP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP"

pet peeves??

when villagers wont ask a task of you oh gosh
i talked to bam for 30 minutes and all he did was ask me if i was a happy tourist and talk about his "rippling muscles",, what a dork

that the same villager pings to move, but you don't want him to move.

Got Coach to ping me to move out 4 TIMES STRAIGHT! A FRICKING COACH MOVEOUT POKER HAND. Why can't it be Paula?

Oh, and when a villager you want to move out finally pings but then you realize the friendship is not enough so they stay anyways. I just HATE that.

Grass wear, and how long the NPC dialogue is for no reason. >:C What bothers me lately is how much Isabelle talks when you boot the game. LET ME IN, ALREADY. And when I'm shaking my trees at the start of the day and picking fruit up, "Uh-oh, your pockets are full!" That message is needlessly long too. >:v And we really really need a separate bag for tools and crap.

MAIL-------I hate it, Its a pain in the butt!
-Imaginary Mom & Dad that don't care enough to visit but send you useless junk in the mail???
-Ordering from nooks! I don't want my items shipped to me! Why can't I pick up my order at the store?
-Villagers who like to try and plot on my paths! There are several other good spots for them to place there homes, but no right in front of my cafe seems like a lovely spot. :p

Last edited:
MAIL-------I hate it, Its a pain in the butt!
-Imaginary Mom & Dad that don't care enough to visit but send you useless junk in the mail???
-Ordering from nooks! I don't want my items shipped to me! Why can't I pick up my order at the store?
-Villagers who like to try and plot on my paths! There are several other good spots for them to place there homes, but no right in front of my cafe seems like a lovely spot. :p

Yeah my new villager just moved right infront of the re-tail shop -_-

Mine is when wanting to go to the high street and suddenly a train decides to come and closes the gate.

ROCKS RUINING MY TOWN SET UP!!! Also mail.. it's so annoying you can't throw it all away and there's only ten slots.. why can't there be an easier way to order from the catalog??

Back