Whats up with the Island?

xWENDYx

Bells
Every time I go there all I meet are beggars wanting bells.
If they need bells why don't they catch insects and fish?

I caught my first shark ever there and two other players decided to leave to visit their town after exchanging FC's.
Did they leave normally ... nooooo ... the one called Wolfie just turned off his internet and crashed the Island making me lose all my fish and insects.

From now on I think I will only go there alone so I can keep what I catch.

Anyone else had problems there on the Island?

i see no reason to play with strangers.
just go catch stuff alone , its more fun imo and you wont have to worry about loosing stuff.

Happened to me once. Got my first tropical vista and a guy came and flicked switch. Lost my vista. :(

Some guy begged for bells from me after he said he had like 20 mil in his bank....

Also ran into people who harass me because of my age and flip the WiFi switch when I finally found something I was looking for. :(

I don't bother with Club Tortimer. >_< I ran into many bell beggars while looking for a striped wetsuit. When I found one, I haven't went back once ever since.

I've run into a couple bell beggars and trolls, yeah. I don't usually go there other than to hang out and look for online island exclusive items.

I think Club Tortimer is a genius idea. But I think I would rather see the old Island from the original Gamecube version make a comeback but bigger and better. You can bring your friends to YOUR island or go to a friends island. When you access the wifi feature on your island you can unlock a bunch of rare items or maybe another part of the island! Would that be a cool idea?

Oh man, I've ever only went twice to the club mortimer island and took pictures with people from France and Germany xD
after that I just stuck to playing alone on the island because there's the rare bugs and mainly to earn bells for upgrades and stocking up the atm machine.

Last edited:
Putting an ABD on the island was a dumb decision by the developers. There is nothing to buy with bells there. All it does is encourage bell beggars.

Putting an ABD on the island was a dumb decision by the developers. There is nothing to buy with bells there. All it does is encourage bell beggars.

I agree, but I've only seen one beggar. I've run into a few trolls that let catch a good haul of bugs and fish and then they either flip their switch or they trap me so I have to flip my switch.

All I get on CT is people who dont speak english and people who dont talk.
I basically just go there to get items if I need them and they aren't on my island already.

I've literally already gone once, and felt too awkward so I just sat there. They kept asking me really weird things and I got super uncomfortable. They kept calling me pretty/cute/adorable and at first I was flattered?? But then it was like they were literally coming on to me, like they were coming on to my virtual character??? So I just stopped responding after a while until we lost connection, but I think they ended up flipping the switch. ;w; never have gone back

Happened to me once. Got my first tropical vista and a guy came and flicked switch. Lost my vista. :(

Oohh my god I probably would have cried. This has happened to me but it was just a mermaid bed, not that rare.
Now every time I island hop I'm in and out as quick as possible. It's a shame really how people act there but trolls be trollin; nothing to stop it :/

Weird, I've only met people who say "hi" and then leave or go catch bugs or fish alone. Maybe I just meet other socially awkward people on the island lol

Last edited:
UGH! That won't ever stop, I don't hardly ever go back anymore, not after I got the final Club Tortimer only items. No point anymore, as some of these players disconnect right at the end of tours when they know they're going to lose, meaning I just wasted 3 to 10 minutes since I won't get any medals... The other annoying thing is that "how old are you?" and "this is a kids game, adults shouldn't be playing", etc, etc.

Back