• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

What's the point of Animal Crossing to you?

I guess the point of it for me i̶s̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶v̶i̶l̶l̶a̶g̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶o̶w̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶e̶ to collect everything until I'm board. :)

Stress relief, fishing, shopping, relaxing.... it's an ideal world where nobody can bother me and I can do what I want. I don't really bother to collect sets of furniture, or get to know the villagers very well. I spend a lot of time fishing.

Last edited:
Personally, Animal Crossing New Leaf to me is more of an experience than anything else. In my opinion, it mirrors a life that most people would love to have, and envision it in the form of a pure happy carefree world. When I play the game, I can escape the harsh reality of everyday life to just simply relax. I look forward to seeing the many new things that await me every time I play. To me, Animal Crossing is a place where I feel comfortable doing the things I want to do without having to worry about anything getting in the way. Catching bugs, fishing and especially using the online features always give me a joy to look forward to.

I love meeting many new people who have the same interests as me, and Animal Crossing makes it an easier place to find those kinds of people. Making money (excuse me, bells!) in here is by far alot more fun than any old job you have to do, and it is by far a lot more easier! I think we all wish we could make money by simply selling bugs, fish and fruit lol Personally, Animal Crossing is a great game for those who have had a hard day at school or work or is just having an off kind of day, as it will definitely bring a smile to the face. It's kind of like a weird type of therapy in ways lol It's simply very fun and that's what keeps me truly going. There is always something new to do in the amazing world of Animal Crossing!

Last edited:
I'd have to say, there was a really interesting reason as to why I decided to start playing Animal Crossing. Last semester I took an Architecture course on city-planning, more specifically a lecture discussing what made a town/city 'utopian', or 'dystopian'- we discussed real efforts of living perfection, and fiction depicting utopian/dystopian societies.

I really fell deep into the course, and where I live, we are definitely much closer to 'dystopian'. There was something interesting about a perfect town/city, and what that meant to each person. Of course, I often reflected upon perfection in society being impossible, even in micro environments such as towns, because perfection is very much subjective, and a severe micromanagement is not only unhealthy, but may breach on human rights.

A bit before AN:NL came out, my girlfriend had preordered the XL bundle, and was super excited about it. Having never played Animal Crossing before, I asked her what it was about, and as she described it, I felt myself referring back to the course I had taken. Mind, I love calm, cute things as well, so the collection of a life-simulation game in which deals with the management of city-planning and improvement, along with the placid, cute environment with animals (which eases the 'breach on human rights' problem), is a very fun, safe way to try out city-planning ideas.

TL;DR: It's like Sim City, but super cute and personal and soothing. u v u

Do you have a Dream Suite &/or share your DC? I'd love to see what a honed planner would create...

Hiding from stress, escaping my abusive family. I just like to have a few hours away before life pulls me back to reality.

The game is very relaxing, I LOVE interacting with my neighbors and there's so much to do everyday, I just love it, and it's starting to turn into a passion :) It's also an escape from the stresses of real life. It also opens up my creative side with decorating my town and house :) I love this game and will continue playing it for years to come when the next versions come out :)

Last edited:
The point of Animal Crossing to me is basically to have fun. Like any other video game...

AC is some place I can go and have a job to do without people saying I can't do anything. lol. In real life I'm restricted from all kinds of jobs and told I can't do anything. -_-'

Back